View Full Version : FUE with Dr. Feller of Great Neck, NY

Dr. Feller
11-25-2008, 08:48 AM
This patient had very good hair everywhere except the hairline. He opted for 1,000 grafts via Follicular Unit Extraction.

Before and after 10 months:

Dr. Feller
11-25-2008, 08:49 AM

M Law
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM
That's a very nice hair transplant. So even with the potential problems associated with FUE that you described, you still think it's appropriate in most cases under 1200 grafts?

What happens if he loses more hair? Would you then do a strip or can you get more FUEs?

This guy looks fantastic!

11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Those are pretty incredible pictures. I had no idea that a hair transplant could do THAT.

I am curious what does the back of the head look like once the hair grows back in?

11-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Beautiful work Dr. Feller! Unbelievably clean.

11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Doctor Feller!

Nice hair transplant! It's so AWESOME to see pictures like this that give us balding dudes truly optimistic outlooks. Thank god for ethical doctors like yourself, Doctor McAndrews, and other IAHRS surgeons that truly care about how the quality of their hair transplant work affects the quality of their patients' life. The correlation between the 2 is incredibly strong.

I read your other post, about the differences between FUE and FUT, and how FUE might yield lower graft survival rates. Given that this patient had FUE, do you have any sense as to what his graft survival rate was? To the naked eye it looks like 100%.

Irrespective, this guy must be ALL SMILES all day long.

Dr. Feller
11-26-2008, 09:04 AM
M Law,
Many thanks for the kudos. When FUE is performed properly on the right candidate the 1,200 graft mark can be exceeded with little downside. Should this patient lose more hair in time he can and should go for more FUE. If, however, he wanted to go for a strip, he could do that as well. One does not preclude the other.

I don't have pictures of the back this pateint's head shaved because we only needed to one FUE procedure on him, but here are a couple after photos on a virtually identical patient I was just about to perform a second procedure on. One photo is with his hair long as he usually wears it, the second photo is of his head shaved just prior to FUE procedure number two. Both photos were taken about one year after his first FUE.

Thank you for the kind comments.

11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Dr. Feller,

Remind me to never let you give me a hair cut.;)

Very clean as usual!

Dr. Feller
11-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks Teejay, I agree, he probably enjoyed a 100% growth yeild. Not bad for an all FUE case.

I agree with you. A man's got to know his limitations.

02-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Amazing job Dr Feller on the front hair.
How much does this procedure cost?

Dr. Feller
02-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Thank you Dan.

His procedure cost $10,000.

Dr. Feller

the B spot
02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Excellent work Dr. Feller.

All--notice Dr. Feller doesn't "lower" the hairline-- the forelock is fairly dense and serves as the "low point" of the hairline---the 1000 grafts serve to enhance this forelock, provide density and restore a more youthful look---all while using the minimum # of grafts and looking toward the patients future.

Anyone can toss massive graft totals at small areas and get results--the true art is using just what is necessary to accomplish the goal.

Once again, Excellent work Dr. Feller!

(BTW--you still owe me a beer if you come to Chicago :D)

02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I know from hearing about transplants, the hardest part is the hairline or frontal hair. This is definitely one of the best transplants i'v seen.