View Full Version : Shorter hairs around hairline

11-07-2015, 04:07 AM

Since recently I started experiencing shorter hairs around my hairline. What could be the cause of this?

Some background info:

- I've had a 750 grafts high density HT for the corners of my hairline 5 months ago.
- This was done by one of the top doctors in the netherlands who said I was eligible for this, taking my age into account, since future hairloss was not or little expected.
- The hairs are strong and almost all the same length.
- I've lost more hair than normal some time ago which has since stopped happening. This stopped around 2-3 weeks ago.
- I do not notice thinning anywhere on my head, including the hairline.
- Yes I have a widows peak

Does anyone have an idea why these are there?
Thanks in advance:)

And if anyone's interested I might upload a few pictures of my HT later.

11-07-2015, 04:25 AM
I also do use styling products, maybe a bit too much according to some.

Also fixed img : Image (https://www.anony.ws/i/2015/11/07/DSC_1156.jpg)
sometimes the original one doesn't load properly apparantly

11-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Maybe the hairs around the transplants are falling out by now? I do know that for me they tend to fall out once they've reaced 3-4 centimeters at the frontal hairline. This all just started happening so i don't know what to say about your situation, and besides that have very little to no knowledge about hair-loss and transplants.

May i ask (an indication) of how much you paid for the 750 grafts? I also live in NL but can't seem to find any prices or costs for such amount of grafts. Or any at all.

11-07-2015, 07:11 AM
The transplanted hairs fall out 2-3 weeks after the HT, since the frontal hairs that are hanging here are almost the same length (a bit shorter now) is why I thought maybe those fell out as well due to shockloss.

For 750 grafts I paid around €2750,-, but that is for one of the most expensive ones there is.

11-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks man. Do you need to take any medications after the surgery (like lifetime fina and minox?) or is it all done after doing an HT?

11-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I dont take any medication since as of now I don't expect or see signs of future loss. You don't have to, but I know that it's normal for people to hop on finasteride if they know they will.

11-07-2015, 02:29 PM
it's normal to have a bunch of short hairs around the hair line