View Full Version : starting finasteride

07-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Its been 3 month since I started finasteride every other day I have no serious sides but I cant still tell if its working ... the fin I take is generic manufactured by eurobindo in india because we have no propecia in lebanon so id like some help on this matter does this finasteride work like propecia and how long should I wait to know the truth

07-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi Lebaneso , Im sure you know the term - 'Patience is a Virtue'

In the case of using Finasteride for the very first time, you CERTAINLY DO need to be patient!

The hair improvement time frames vary from person to person my friend.

This August I will have been on 1mg per day of
generic Finasteride 'Dr. Reddys' (based in Hyderabad, Telangana, India) for 2 years now.
At approx 4 months into its use I did start to see a change back in 2013.
For some others it can take longer to finally see improvements.
For others it could start showing within 3 months time...Its all very individualistic Leb'
What you NEED to do is to take Fin' like you might take multivitamins,,
take it every day and 'forget about it'
It will create improvements you just have to be patient.
ALSO do NOT become stressed out or concerned.

STRESS/worries WILL cause hairloss --thats true!
Hang in there Lebaneso --stay with us here. We have a lot of good guys here to give you GOOD advice.

Check out my thread- 'Artista and Finasteride' read through all of it,,,at pages 15 and 18 I had finally posted before and after pics of my hairloss improvements.
Now keep in mind, I STAY realistic about what can be done for me..I will NOT ALLOW hairloss to ruin my own life.
How old are you Lebaneso?

07-24-2015, 06:06 AM
Hope to hear from you soon Lebaneso.

07-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Very sound advice from Artista, especially regarding taking the pill just like you take a multi-vitamin: Take it and forget about it. I can't stress enough how important I think this is. I really do believe that so many of the reported side effects are self-induced by the stress and worry that many of us have with taking the drug.

Aside from that, just be patient. It takes time. And the effects may be so subtle that you don't even notice it all at once.... Then one day you'll look in the mirror and think "Wow. My hair looks great..." :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

07-25-2015, 06:40 AM
Hi there Brenton and thank you for your support on this.

Hey Lebaneso, Pkipling (Brenton) also makes a very valid and good point to you too!

We hope to hear back from you soon...Thanks again Brenton

07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi Lebaneso!
Artista is as always right.
Patience is one of the keys to success. 3 months is a good period of taking finasteride. I think you will start seeing the results in the nearest time.

08-09-2015, 10:54 PM
To be honest I still see shedding some days more than others but I dont think I have any recession since then I dont know how should I know if its working ?