View Full Version : Help! Hairpieces and wigs in England?

06-01-2015, 01:59 AM
Hey I have been losing my hair since I was 16, I'm 21 now. It's probably a Norwood 2/3. it has completely destroyed me. It's always on my mind, it's making me depressed some days I can barely leave the house. I quit my job as I couldn't take it anymore, I can't think of anything else except my hair. It's so important to me I can't explain. I have male hair extensions to try and hide it but it's getting to the point where that doesn't even help. It takes hours to hide it. The only thing I can see that will help is a full wig, can anyone recommend somewhere to get one in England? And how do you attach it? Should I shave it all off or keep some to clip the wig into? I'm totally new to this, but I can't take it any more and this seems the only way. Can anyone help? Thankyou

06-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi Daniel. That sense that hairloss is the central feature of your life is not uncommon. You hear it repeatedly on these boards. But don't despair. The technology of men's wigs has improved enormously in the last decade, and prices have gone through the floor thanks to cheap Chinese labour costs. You can get a really good wig or hairpiece for 300 quid and no one will be able to tell you are wearing anything. I am a younger guy who has been wearing a hair system (the modern name for a toupee) for about 4 years now, and am really happy with the difference it has made to my life.

It's better if you can incorporate the hair you have left into your look if possible. Most guys wear a hair system which just replaces the balding bit - ie it covers your thinning or bald top and gives you a new hairline, and the artificial hair blends in with your remaining real hair at the sides and back. Of course, if you have no decent hair left at all, then you can get a full wig, but they are a bit dearer and a bit more difficult to manage. You need to post a picture of your current situation so that you can get advice whether you really need a full wig. Blank out your face if you prefer.

I have some suggestions for places in England. Which part of England are you based in?