View Full Version : is a HT an option for me?

05-24-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm currently ~5 months into treatments. I've regrown a lot of hair. of course I'm going to wait probably to the 2 year mark before thinking about getting a transplant but just out of curosity im looking to see if it's an option for me. I have diffuse thinning so thats why I ask. id like more coverage on my crown. my hair line is high but still looks okay.

also here a thread with my before phots from late jan/early feb

05-24-2015, 12:37 PM

05-28-2015, 10:44 PM
It would be nice have...

Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
05-29-2015, 06:40 AM
It depends on things like your age and how diffuse the thinning is i.e affecting donor area? But, it does seem like an option.

05-29-2015, 10:14 PM
it was a lot worse doc

06-05-2015, 05:47 PM
If you have a diffused thinning pattern, you can be more susceptible to shock loss depending on the size of the procedure and the degree of diffused loss.

I think Dr. Rashid was probably referring to having your donor area evaluated for diffusion and signs of any miniaturization.