View Full Version : Which is better at regrowing hair: Minoxidil foam or Minoxidil liquid?

05-15-2015, 06:06 AM
Is minoxidil foam better at regrowing hair than minoxidil liquid? If so, why is this?

Or, are they both the same when it comes to regrowing hair and it is all about preference?

05-15-2015, 06:17 AM
I'm not a Minox user myself, but I've read comments from users and doctors stating that Minox liquid is more effective. It's probably because the foam doesn't penetrate into the scalp as easily as the liquid.

05-15-2015, 02:32 PM
I apply minox foam, while my hair is still damp and just rub it in and all through. It is clean and easy and when my hair drys, it even makes it seem thicker. The foam will definitely penetrate, especially if applied when wet.

Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
05-16-2015, 06:20 AM
I havent seen a large study showing one is better then the other. As mentioned above, i think it comes down to usage. If you get it in all the way it should be the same in theory. Otherwise the marketing would be different.

02-14-2016, 03:21 PM
It might be the PG?

10-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Heard that liquid was only slightly better? Not sure if that's true.

The foam won't cause dandruff, which is a big plus for a lot of people.

10-16-2016, 07:35 PM
Would like to add that I have been using Minoxidil for over twenty six years. And this includes several different dosages, ranging from 2% - 30%.

People do have a time window to regrow hair with Minoxidil. It's not the most popular hair loss product. But for people who have the genetics who respond, and can definitely make a difference.

A Board Certified Dermatologist (top in their field, US), prescribed two percent for my hairline in the 1990s. She was correct. I regrew a Norwood two hairline to a Norwood zero. Of course, this effect was not permanent, in my case.