View Full Version : How to check out an fue surgeon

11-29-2009, 11:08 AM

I am looking to undertake fue proceedure and was wondering the best way to check out a surgeon to see if they are good or bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
You’re best bet is to go to www.iahrs.org to see if the doctor makes the grade. Also check with www.americanhairloss.org
Once you’ve checked them out there, have a few consultations and try to talk to patients of any doctors that you consider. FUE is tricky and it appears that only a few doctors in the world do it well.

Dr. Glenn Charles
12-01-2009, 07:49 PM
You also want to make sure you are a good candidate for FUE. Keep in mind that even under the best hands the success rate is often lower than with the strip method. They call it scarless, but in reality it is not. If a patient needs thousands of follicular unit grafts either to start with or over time the donor area can often begin to look moth eaten and harder to camoflauge than a linear scar from a strip procedure.

04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
You're on the right track by consulting this forum. As PayDay mentioned, the IAHRS is a good place to start. Membership in this organization is a good indicator that the doctor meets high quality and ethical standards. Check out various doctor websites, and before and after pictures/videos, to get an idea for the quality and aesthetic of the work they perform. As you narrow your search, come back here and see what veteran transplant patients have said about their experience with the doctors on your list. Finally, set up consultations with the doctors you are most interested. Most doctors offer free consultations and many will even offer them online, cutting out your need to travel all over the place just to get multiple opinions. If you’re interested in FUE, make sure you select a doctor who practices this technique frequently, if not exclusively.