View Full Version : 1,250 FUE in one session PHOTOS Pre op, Intra op, 3 Days post op

Dr. Feller
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM
My personal goal for FUE is to make the results the same as strip surgery. To achieve this I believe the work has to be "clean looking" from start to finish. In fact "ultra-refined" may be articulated as "clean and tight" work, I'm just adapting it to FUE.

When I perform FUE I make sure to put each and every extraction under the microscope to make sure they are in good conidition and to trim away any excess tissue. Excess tissue, usually eptidermis, requires the slit sizes to be larger and makes the skin prone to irritation so I feel it is best to trim the grafts down to minimum epidermis and dermis.

This patient had an excellent donor area with many multi-haired (3,4,5) follicular units. The problem was that his grafts were so large that had I attempted to implant them into the recipient area I would not have been able to achieve as high a density as I would like. So we divided his multihair grafs down to single hair grafts and packed them into the recipient area.

The goal was to match the density of the surrounding hair to fill in the obvious gap. My feeling is that he will hold onto his forelock for a few years, but despite this, I planted his transplants in such a way as to cover the forelock area should he lose it sooner.

As with many FUE patients his goal is to keep his hair short and shave his head.

We packed 1,250 FUE into the frontal area.

Here are his photos before, during, and three days after his procedure hours before he boarded a plane for home.

Note how the donor area holes, which were made with a 1mm Feller Punch, contracted and closed on their own.

Dr. Feller
11-16-2009, 04:29 PM

10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sure this is an excellent hair transplant so please excuse my question..

How do people walk around after the surgery with spaces of their scalp showing?

do they shave their whole head so every part of the hair looks like a crew cut?

Do they use toppik or Courve (SP) to blend the portion you shave..?

And what do they do with the back of the head?

Thanks in advance and please take my question as constructive..

10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Good question....Especially if you have a job and don't want it noticeable

10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
With FUE people have a faster recovery and often just shave down so it all comes back in uniform.

Be aware there is DOWN time associated with any HT.

Patients can use concealers to help