View Full Version : My hair transplant on the 30th September with Dr Feriduni

09-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Hello all,

You have all given me great support of the last few years without even realising so I want to give back.

09-20-2014, 05:18 AM
I will be trying to get pictures out everyday post op so you can all see exactly what is going on

09-23-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm 5 weeks post op FUE with Dr Feriduni and you will be in great hands! He is a lovely man and very talented and the clinic and his whole team are first class.

The hotel is very nice also and they are used to people walking around post surgery and don't bat an eyelid. The taxi drivers the clinic use are very friendly too!

It's a very easy journey on the Eurostar and an easy journey from Brussels to Hasselt. You have chosen the best way to travel. Much better than by air!

You have great hair still by the look of it so I'm sure you will have an amazing result!

All the best.

09-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Oh thanks mate I really ended to here that, I'm very nervous.

Do you have a blog on here I can check out??

How long did you sty at the hotel for??

09-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Hello John,

I've just joined here so I don't have a blog. I use Hair Restoration Network mostly under the same username 'london81'

There is nothing to be nervous about you will be in the best hands! Dr Feriduni is one of the best in the business!

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Arrived Monday, procedure Tuesday and left Thursday. It was nice to have the day after the OP to just relax at the hotel but you are also fine going back the day after also.

I had 1800 FUE for hairline and temples.

Any questions feel free to message me.

09-28-2014, 03:17 AM
Awesome mate thank you very much. I'm not sure how to message on the site if I'm honest haha. Will you be making a blog?

09-28-2014, 03:18 AM

My hair transplant journey starts today, I woke up focused and ready, I'm currently on a bus from north west to London, then I''m staying at my friends house tonight and leaving at 8am tomorrow morning on the Eurostar to Brussels. I have booked my hotel from Monday to Friday and get back home to north west at 2pm on Friday 3rd October. I can't wait for that time to roll on haha.

Will keep everyone updated!

09-30-2014, 09:08 AM
I woke up this morning after a pretty awful nights sleep, I had so many emotions running through my mind but the main one was relief that the day had finally arrived. I woke up at 6am and the doctor requires you to be there at 7:30pm. My taxi was booked for 7:15am so I had an hour to prepare myself, I started getting pretty anxious but I quashed those thoughts, I kept thinking of the alternative and that made me calmer. In the end I thought **** it, il never see these people again, get in the taxi and walk proudly into the clinic, so that is what I did.

Once i I arrived at the clinic a very friendly man greeted me at reception. He took me to a room and said that it was my room and no one would enter apart from the staff so my belongings were safe there. He then asked me to fill in some more forms and sign concent before informing me that the doctor will come and greet me shortly.

After some time of nervously waiting Dr Feriduni arrived with such a warm and reassuring manner. He took me to his office so we could discuss things further, he checked my scalp for density and further miniaturisation, which for the most part there wasn't any and got started drawing my new hairline. I was in there for about 45minutes, he answered all my questions and made me feel at ease, even throwing in the odd joke. For example when asked "how long have you been doing hair transplantation" he answered "this is my first one"haha, really funny guy. He then drew my new hairline which was awesome, took some pictures and then a lady came to shave my head, I really didn't want the top to be shaved which they said was fine but now I look ridiculous hahah, I still stand by my decision.

After shaving they the. Washed my hair and then it was time for the procedure.

My first injection was in my arm when they attached me to a drip for oxygen and water then I lay down on my stomach with my head threw a whole, the doctor came and gave the injections, if I'm honest they didn't hurt that much, he put this strange massage device near the injection which vibrates to draw attention away from the injection which helped a lot. Then the assistants started working on the extraction, they were very friendly and calming. I could not feel a thing, my face kept getting squashed and after a few hours in that position, my back started to ache. I was getting 1300 fue's and after what seemed like forever I asked " how many so far" and the assistant replied "about 700", I was gutted.

09-30-2014, 09:09 AM
I tried to sleep but just couldn't so I just lay there listening to the music station on the TV. This was the worst bit, as I was quite sore.

Next the doctor came in, and asked me to lay my face to the side where I was confronted with a needle, he then explained this was the uncomfortable part and started injecting my forehead, he was right it was uncomfortable, my feet were flapping like a scuba diver but it was too bad and was over pretty soon. He then left a while for the scalp to go numb then started making the slits while I watched the BBC news, all about the Hong Kong protests, it's insane scenes. Me and Dr Feriduni started talking about language and he is a very fascinating and thought provoking man, I spoke a bit of welsh to him, which he liked and then before I knew it, it was time to place the grafts.

the same two assistants that extracted the grafts placed then back into my hairline, they were lovely and while wTch the news and music channels they were telling me about there fascination with one direction and others, we all laughed, I was very relaxed. A few hours later the doctor came to make sure everything was to his standard, placed a few more grafts and that was me done. They had to give me more injections as I was bleeding a lot and it kind of washes away the numbing agent.

They then washed my hair again, took me to a room to eat some food and that was me done, jobs a good'n

I'm staying here til the 3rd to recover and will be seeing the doctor tomorrow at 9am so will update if anything changes. I can't feel my head at the moment and have n discomfort at all.

09-30-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't how to work this but pictures are on my blog. Hopewithhairtransplant.com

09-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Congrats on your surgery - Glad to hear it all went well. Heal and grow well.

Excellent blog too - One to watch for sure !


09-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Cheers Spex, thank you for all your help too over the last few months, I really appreciate it

09-30-2014, 10:59 PM
I expected my first sleep to be a lot worse than it was. I woke up by an aralm at 730 as I have an appointment with the doctor at 9 for the usual check up and to wash. I initially placed one pillow ontop of the other and sat in a ninety degree angle trying to sleep for hours. I had my neck pillow on that the doctor gave to me which pushed me even further forward, it was obvious I wouldn't be able to sleep in this position.

I then took the neck pillow off which gave a bit of relief but still was sitting too straight, I also missed the protection to my head that the neck pillow gave so decided to bring my angle right down with just my shoulders and head in a semi upright position and use the neck pillow. Once I did this I slept like a lot.

I feel asleep around 1am with my hands tied down. I used abit of string for both hands and tied he string around those belt hoops on trousers so that subconsciously I could not itch my head. I woke up at 3 am with my hands free of the straps, I panicked alittle, ran (which in this context means walked cautiously) to a mirror and checked everything was how I left it when I went to sleep, which it was. I then tied my hands back up and went back to sleep til now.

i have some medication to take so will do that now after my breakfast then back to the clinic, I'm excited to see what Dr Feriduni has to say

10-18-2014, 10:02 AM

10-18-2014, 10:03 AM

10-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Day 0

10-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Day 21

10-28-2014, 06:18 AM
Lets party