View Full Version : Why is HST scarless?

07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Why is HST scarless?

People focus way too much on the donor regeneration issue imo with regards to GHO.

I want to know why his procedure is scarless and why aren't other doctors implementing it.(in before the throngs of know-it-alls declare there is no scarless procedure, duh)

Im a NW7 hoping to get a transplant, sufficient to provide just a slight frame - no matter how patchy - for my face, that i can then shave down with a hair trimmer. Therefore reducing scar risk is of the utmost importance.

07-07-2014, 10:15 PM
I will try to answer my own question, since no one seems interested.

Possibly he's using a smaller punch?

Or is it scarless simply because he transplants fewer donors than conventional fue, giving the scalp a more promising healing environment? For instance if you slash your arm with one cut it will heal far better than slashing three times close together.

07-17-2014, 02:38 PM
It always irritates me when a clinic use the term "scar less" because there is no such thing. Anytime you make an incision no matter how small, scar tissue will form during the healing process, period.

A more honest discloser or claim would be, "visually less scar less".

And yes, the main reason behind their claims is related to making the incisions less invasive.

07-29-2014, 03:10 PM
This is something I myself can not comprehend. I am not certain it is scarless. Have we ever actually seen someone blade after hasci ? The shortest we have seen someone go is a 0 guard and things look great however I personally would like to examine a bladed donor after a few thousand extractions to buy into the whole scarless statement.