lilpauly
06-17-2014, 06:44 PM
clinical data proves its just as good as taking 1 mg

hdude46
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Where are you getting this info?

FearTheLoss
06-17-2014, 10:29 PM
I know they are prescribing topical fin, but I didn't hear anything about it being as good as one 1mg other than a small study.

the_dude78
06-18-2014, 08:30 AM
I found this:

"Pharmacodynamic of P-3074 (finasteride 0.25% topical solution) in subjects with androgenetic alopecia
M Caserini1, R Palmieri1, M Radicioni2 and E Terragni2 1Polichem S.A., Lugano, Switzerland and 2Cross Research S.A., Arzo, Switzerland
A new proprietary topical formulation, P-3074, containing finasteride 0.25% as active ingredient and hydroxypropyl-chitosan (HPCH) as film-forming agent, was developed for androgenetic alopecia. The present study was aimed at investigating the pharmacodynamic profile of finasteride in terms of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations in the scalp and in serum after multiple topical application of P-3074 or oral finasteride intake in subjects with androgenetic alopecia. Eighteen healthy men were randomly allocated to P-3074 or oral treatment after providing written informed consent. Twelve volunteers applied P-3074 topical solution for 7 days: six subjects once daily (o.d.) in the morning and the others twice daily (b.i.d.) in the morning and in the evening. The third group of six volunteers was administered 1 mg oral finasteride once daily in the morning for 1 week. Scalp (vertex) biopsies were collected at baseline and 6 hours after last dose administration, while serum samples were collected at baseline, before last administration, and 6 and 12 hours after the last multiple dose. A marked decrease in scalp DHT levels was observed: by 47.22% with P-3074 b.i.d., from 1.91 (0.54) to 1.01 ng ml−1 (0.39), by 71.20% with P-3074 o.d., from 1.52 (0.41) to 0.44 ng ml−1 (0.08), and by 51.11% with the oral formulation, from 1.39 (0.25) to 0.68 ng ml−1 (0.34). Serum DHT was reduced by 69.3–74.0% with P-3074 b.i.d., 67.6–80.4% with P-3074 o.d., and 69.7–76.1% with the oral formulation. These results showed a similar inhibition of serum DHT after 1 week of finasteride administration with the three dose regimens and were consistent with the results obtained in a previous P-3074 PK study. These findings show that DHT concentration in the scalp, after 7-day treatment course of P-3074 o.d., was more reduced (about 40%) than after 1 mg oral finasteride administration for the same treatment period."

Source: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v133/n5/full/jid2013110a.html

the_dude78
06-18-2014, 08:34 AM
If this becomes available in EU, I will definitely try it out.

FearTheLoss
06-18-2014, 08:59 AM
You have to go to them to see it. They are having a local pharmacy make it for their patients who cannot tolerate oral fin, I believe. I'm going to pay a visit to them within the coming months to obtain some.

hellouser
06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
If this becomes available in EU, I will definitely try it out.

If the vehicle is known, you could probably do it now.

efedrez
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Do we know anything about sides with topical? it sounds like good news unless chances of going systemic are also high and same horrible sides

Jazz1
06-19-2014, 03:05 PM
You guys are jokers, genhair was way ahead of the game with their topical formula that worked, it all ends up going back into the bloody stream like 1mg FIN, personally nothing beats internal results.

burtandernie
06-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah it might just end up going internal anyways. Thats why something like CB with a different chemical structure is the only way a topical might work. I still have high hopes CB might be the first real topical with little sides.

Seuxin
03-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Hello Guy's,

Any news about this HassonAndWong topical finasteride ????

Is it available ? Where buy it ?
If it's the equivalent to 1mg whitout side effect, why non advertising ???

Thanks for informations :)

burtandernie
04-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Where is a legit place to buy this then? That is one of the biggest problems with this small scale underground stuff there are never reliable manufacturers where its easy to try the stuff and be sure its the real deal. How much does it cost? I dont really have a prescription or anything though

JoeTillman
04-01-2015, 05:05 PM
It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.

FearTheLoss
04-01-2015, 05:34 PM
It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.

Joe, I'm curious as to how Hasson and Wong is getting this to work. Doesn't topical finasteride have to go into the bloodstream to work? Wouldn't it then cause side effects just like oral?

Thanks,
FTL

JoeTillman
04-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi FTL,

H&W aren't getting it to work. The pharmacist is:) In all seriousness however, topical delivery methods do not stay out of the bloodstream entirely so there is no guarantee that one will not get side effects with any topical medication when compared to it's oral equivalent but the amount that makes it into the bloodstream is significantly less so in theory any side effects should also be significantly less, if any manifest to begin with. Topical delivery allows for a more targeted delivery with less of the medication being delivered systemically where it is more likely to affect other systems.

FearTheLoss
04-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe. I wonder if they are reaching a compromise between the direct affect from using the drug topically, with minimal amounts reaching the blood stream where it's still beneficial for the patient.

Or if the patients that have tried it all had placebo sides from it orally.

luckyman70
04-01-2015, 07:08 PM
H, i with your experience at H&S , Do you find that topical works better than oral in most cases? I don't have any sides, but oral is losing effectiveness after over 15 years on it.

Thanks again, for all your good work

JoeTillman
04-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe. I wonder if they are reaching a compromise between the direct affect from using the drug topically, with minimal amounts reaching the blood stream where it's still beneficial for the patient.

Or if the patients that have tried it all had placebo sides from it orally.

FTL,
I think it was determined that indeed less medication is getting to the target areas of the scalp compared to what would be delivered orally but enough of it is apparently getting through to make a positive impact. I can't speak to the number of patients that had side effects for whatever reason. They all had them and I'm certain some were real.

JoeTillman
04-01-2015, 07:19 PM
H, i with your experience at H&S , Do you find that topical works better than oral in most cases? I don't have any sides, but oral is losing effectiveness after over 15 years on it.

Thanks again, for all your good work

For fighting hair loss? I would say no because you are getting more medication overall and the amount that the body metabolizes is constant. With any topical, no matter how exacting the dosages are, some will be wasted during delivery so the consistency I think would not be as reliable but no doubt it works. I think overall it is best to use oral, if anything, because it is easy and convenient and I feel it works best. The topical should be considered ONLY if one cannot work out the sides from the oral version.

If you feel that the effects are wearing off, I have to ask if you have ever switched to and still using the generic? If you have/are, switch back to name brand and give that a go. If not, talk to your doctor about upping your dosage. There is evidence that results are dose dependant.

Seuxin
04-03-2015, 08:01 AM
FTL,
I think it was determined that indeed less medication is getting to the target areas of the scalp compared to what would be delivered orally but enough of it is apparently getting through to make a positive impact. I can't speak to the number of patients that had side effects for whatever reason. They all had them and I'm certain some were real.

SO, you are telling that users who used this topical finasterid have side effects ???
I hope we will have soon an other topical fina with a better price ! Because 60-65$ /days is high !

burtandernie
04-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Why does merck not just reformulate finasteride as topical and sell it OTC? I mean they already have the drug,patent, and FDA approval practically since nothing is different but the vehicle. Seems silly. If they reformulate it as topical they get a new patent and men get the safer topical version. Makes no sense to me. It could probably be OTC because it probably has the same sides as propecia which isnt that much and the drug been around for like 30 years

warner8
04-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I'm sure if merck could make a topical and make millions of desperate bald men they would, but there must be something to it that has prevented them.

Why does merck not just reformulate finasteride as topical and sell it OTC? I mean they already have the drug,patent, and FDA approval practically since nothing is different but the vehicle. Seems silly. If they reformulate it as topical they get a new patent and men get the safer topical version. Makes no sense to me. It could probably be OTC because it probably has the same sides as propecia which isnt that much and the drug been around for like 30 years

burtandernie
04-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Yeah or just poor sales of propecia in general makes it not worth doing. If they wanted to do it bad enough believe me they would get it done. Things are heating up though in the hair loss field so that might play into it as well. I wouldnt want to waste a lot of money making topical fin when CB or something else could be out in a few years rendering it pretty useless.

nohawk
05-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Why are people not talking about this... There are tons of people respond great to Fin but experience terrible side effects. If this is legit and it works with almost no sides, then it is by far the best thing we have; better than buying blackmarket CB, RU, massaging, poking, lasers, etc. Sooooo I don't get it: why is "I put Diane35 birth control on my head" a more active thread than "Fin without sides now available"...

Also, is H&W working towards eventually selling this without us having to go to Canada or what? How long is the merck patent going to control this unfortunate situation, I thought the patent expired already.

efedrez
05-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Why are people not talking about this... There are tons of people respond great to Fin but experience terrible side effects. If this is legit and it works with almost no sides, then it is by far the best thing we have; better than buying blackmarket CB, RU, massaging, poking, lasers, etc. Sooooo I don't get it: why is "I put Diane35 birth control on my head" a more active thread than "Fin without sides now available"...

Also, is H&W working towards eventually selling this without us having to go to Canada or what? How long is the merck patent going to control this unfortunate situation, I thought the patent expired already.

It might be because it's very hard to buy it, if I could get some either online or without having to go to Canada I'll be more than willing to give it a try

warner8
05-30-2015, 08:14 PM
hanson and wong is probably like every other hairless company, trying to make money off desperate balding men. I'm sure if fin could be made into an effective topical and sold commercially at your local big chain pharmacy like reogaine, then it would be, but it has not.

now you can get a compounding pharmacy to make a topical fin for you like murray avenue apothecary in Pittsburgh PA, so you don't have to go to canada for what might just be some snake oil. hanson and wong asks compound pharmacists to make topical fin formulations for them, and then charge you double bc they are the middle man.

i think fin works best from within the body,and topical might be waste. those who i know using topical still take the oral form, bc no one is taking chances

It might be because it's very hard to buy it, if I could get some either online or without having to go to Canada I'll be more than willing to give it a try

Seuxin
05-31-2015, 05:40 AM
Hello,

The problem is really we don't know if topical fina @ 2.5% in a liposomal cream has a good and real effect on hairs....

Fina is not a dht inhibitor...but a 5AR inhibitor....
It's the real problem, no ???

robodoc
06-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Without question the effects of Finasteride are dose dependent. Take 10mg a day and your hair will stop falling out and start to grow back but.............there are significant side effects so I would not recommend taking 10mg daily.

Blackrose
05-03-2016, 06:17 PM
I have been taking Dr. Hassons topical Finastride for a month.

I spoke with him for an hour about this product. The cream has nano-silica particles that prevent systemic absorption. A minor amount gets absorbed which is 1/18 according to him. I had been on finastride years ago and I noticed side effects. With this cream I have not noticed any side effects yet. I am planning on testing my Serum level DHT soon but I highly doubt it will be much different. I haven't noticed major changes in hair growth yet but one month is too early. I am wondering if the cream is able to reach the hair follicle.

I will keep updating here as time goes by. Interested in hearing results from others on this cream. Currently I'm not taking an oral dose but I may add that if things dont change soon.

hyong
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM

I spoke with him for an hour about this product. The cream has nano-silica particles that prevent systemic absorption. A minor amount gets absorbed which is 1/18 according to him. I had been on finastride years ago and I noticed side effects. With this cream I have not noticed any side effects yet. I am planning on testing my Serum level DHT soon but I highly doubt it will be much different. I haven't noticed major changes in hair growth yet but one month is too early. I am wondering if the cream is able to reach the hair follicle.

I will keep updating here as time goes by. Interested in hearing results from others on this cream. Currently I'm not taking an oral dose but I may add that if things dont change soon.

hi!!,
are you in vancouver?
i emailed the clinic but they told me they would only prescribe to their own patients, is this true?!

Blackrose
05-03-2016, 08:45 PM
hi!!,
are you in vancouver?
i emailed the clinic but they told me they would only prescribe to their own patients, is this true?!

Yes I am. The clinic is a 20 minute walk from my place. They do require you to go in for a consultation if you are local but they have online forms that you can give your GP for an over the mail prescription. I'm not sure if that also includes international orders. You should give the clinic a call.

Studious
05-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Interested to hear how it it goes for you, good luck!

Did they share with you why 2.5%? This is much higher than the typical .1% seen mixed with minoxidil and the .25% that Polichem is testing. Do absorption rates vary that much by the different vehicles?

Blackrose
05-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks. I'm not sure why 2.5% aside from the fact that it may be more effective long term. I'm pretty sure that it's not being absorbed much systemic otherwise I would be getting harsh side effects with 2.5%. I had way worst side effect with 1mg pill per day. I have started taking DIM supplements just to be on the safe side but only for a week or so. Liposomial formulations have been around for some time but the addition of silica could be preventing absorption into the blood stream. The Pharmacist told me this is a new formula so I think they have changed it around a few times. I am concerned about inhibiting serum DHT production quit a bit because DHT plays a major role in health for men. DHT regulates mood, sex drive and may have positive effects on the immune system so I dont want to reduce it in my system as much as possible. Also I only use enough of the cream to lightly cover my hair loss area and that may be less than 1ML per application. I rather use less since its a 2.5 percent solution. I have some peach fuzz showing so far and I hope it will get better over time.

Interested to hear how it it goes for you, good luck!

Did they share with you why 2.5%? This is much higher than the typical .1% seen mixed with minoxidil and the .25% that Polichem is testing. Do absorption rates vary that much by the different vehicles?

ez456
06-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks. I'm not sure why 2.5% aside from the fact that it may be more effective long term. I'm pretty sure that it's not being absorbed much systemic otherwise I would be getting harsh side effects with 2.5%. I had way worst side effect with 1mg pill per day. I have started taking DIM supplements just to be on the safe side but only for a week or so. Liposomial formulations have been around for some time but the addition of silica could be preventing absorption into the blood stream. The Pharmacist told me this is a new formula so I think they have changed it around a few times. I am concerned about inhibiting serum DHT production quit a bit because DHT plays a major role in health for men. DHT regulates mood, sex drive and may have positive effects on the immune system so I dont want to reduce it in my system as much as possible. Also I only use enough of the cream to lightly cover my hair loss area and that may be less than 1ML per application. I rather use less since its a 2.5 percent solution. I have some peach fuzz showing so far and I hope it will get better over time.

Hi...could you give us an update? Anything would be useful.

Did you have a DHT test?

Also, how long does the gel need to be left on for before it can be washed off? I ask because i have concerns about it rubbing off my head onto things/coming into contact with other people...e.g. pregnant women who shouldnt even touch finasteride.

For those who are using topical fin from H& W, it would be really, really useful if you could get DHT blood tests. If it can work without systemically lowering DHT then this is the best treatment we have by far.

Blackrose
06-06-2016, 11:49 PM
I have not had the DHT test yet. Unfortunately I have to cross the border to get this test done and I haven't had the time yet. I dont have any obvious side effects as of yet. I only apply enough of the cream to cover my bald spot and only apply after a shower.

You dont need to wash off the product and it absorbs very fast. Its not greasy and it does not leave any residues. Its not like minoxidil and other leave on treatments so I wouldn't worry about smearing and others absorbing the product. As far as results its still early but I have noticed some darkening. I will post pictures once I am convinced of any long term results. Hope this helps.

cardib
06-16-2016, 07:22 PM
hi blasckrose, you are using hansen and songs formula, correct? can you share how much it cost be it in Canadian or US dollars for the gel, and how much the consultation fee is ?

burtandernie
06-19-2016, 05:21 PM
So they are prescribing it now. How much does it cost for a month supply?

Blackrose
06-20-2016, 07:20 PM
The consultation was $100. The price for a 3 month supply of the cream purchased was about $200. All in Canadian Dollars.
hi blasckrose, you are using hansen and songs formula, correct? can you share how much it cost be it in Canadian or US dollars for the gel, and how much the consultation fee is ?

cardib
06-23-2016, 10:08 PM
thanks; any results or comments so far??
The consultation was $100. The price for a 3 month supply of the cream purchased was about $200. All in Canadian Dollars.

Smallville
07-20-2016, 05:38 PM

Hi Blackrose,

Can you please comment on the effiacy of the topical fin, and still no sides at all so far?

Smallville
08-12-2016, 08:34 AM
BUMP. Blackrose, where are you?????

hyong
08-19-2016, 03:11 AM
I have just been prescribed this topical fin.

It comes in a blue bottle with a pump that administers one dose per pump,i would give it a try and give my thoughts if it works.

Smallville
08-20-2016, 11:34 AM
I have just been prescribed this topical fin.

It comes in a blue bottle with a pump that administers one dose per pump,i would give it a try and give my thoughts if it works.

You got 2.5%???

let us know how it works, any sides, if it helps hair...etc.

I am thinking of asking for a 0.005% dosage.

2.5% seems like wayyyy too high to me...

But perhaps 0.005% is too low? I just don't want sides...

Blackrose
06-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Ok.

I have been away from this site for some time. Still using the topical Finasteride. It's been close to 15 months now. I also added 2 percent topical minoxidil about 6 months ago. I only apply once a day. I don't have much to report on side effects. I workout 3 times a week and everything seems normal to me. I added the minoxidil because for months I noticed small hairs appearing but they would not grow with finasteride alone. A GP doctor friend confirmed that Finasteride is not really for increasing growth so some type of booster would be better for that. I tried Tricomin but that didn't seem to help so I switched to 2 percent minoxidil and it seems to be helping.

Changes I made, lessons learned:

I apply the finasteride topical every OTHER day, not everyday. After using it everyday I noticed nothing was really growing. I did more research and asked my doctor friend again. Apparently finasteride stays in the scalp for 30+hours. Also any hormonal changes in any region of the body slow down growth temporarily. A pharmacist confirmed this as well and said many patients apply the cream every other day.

As promised i have some photos now to show. Took these myself with a crappy phone so please don't judge.

Before:

https://s13.postimg.org/4k3ply6qv/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Now:

https://s11.postimg.org/hjotac3cj/IMG_7072.jpg

Regrowth takes a long long time because each hair has to go throw a full cycle of growth before coming out thicker.
Hope this help.

Blackrose
06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Ok.

I have been away from this site for some time. Still using the topical Finasteride. It's been close to 15 months now. I also added 2 percent topical minoxidil about 6 months ago. I only apply once a day. I don't have much to report on side effects. I workout 3 times a week and everything seems normal to me. I added the minoxidil because for months I noticed small hairs appearing but they would not grow with finasteride alone. A GP doctor friend confirmed that Finasteride is not really for increasing growth so some type of booster would be better for that. I tried Tricomin but that didn't seem to help so I switched to 2 percent minoxidil and it seems to be helping.

Changes I made, lessons learned:

I apply the finasteride topical every OTHER day, not everyday. After using it everyday I noticed nothing was really growing. I did more research and asked my doctor friend again. Apparently finasteride stays in the scalp for 30+hours. Also any hormonal changes in any region of the body slow down growth temporarily. A pharmacist confirmed this as well and said many patients apply the cream every other day.

As promised i have some photos now to show. Took these myself with a crappy phone so please don't judge.

Before:

https://s13.postimg.org/4k3ply6qv/Full_Size_Render.jpg

Now:

https://s11.postimg.org/hjotac3cj/IMG_7072.jpg

Regrowth takes a long long time because each hair has to go throw a full cycle of growth before coming out thicker.
Hope this help.