View Full Version : 18 Months After Repair of Old Style Mini/micrografts by Dr. Alan Feller

Dr. Feller
10-06-2009, 11:08 AM
There are many people walking around with outdated surgery. The "plug people" are, of course the most obvious. But there is also a set of people who have had poor mini/micrografting as well. While mini/micrografting isn't NEAR as bad as plugs, they still nevertheless call attention to themselves and present a "not so natural" appearence.

In this particular patient we see the old style mini/micrografts in all their glory. To fix him, we simply implanted 2500 true follicular units in and around the old micro/minigrafts. By blending them in these old grafts become assets rather than liabilities.

2500 FUs in one procedure via strip procedure.

10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Very interesting. The final hairline is amazing. Reminds me of the pictures I was show 15 years ago, when I had similar micro graft session - although I now know these pictures could never have been post micro/mini surgery. I have a similar issue - more advanced that the patient here. Did you manage to take our any scaring from the donor site?
Im meeting with Spex this month to discuss.

Dr. Feller
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Thank you Pianoman.
I don't remember if I removed any scar tissue from this patients donor area, but many times I do wind up removing excessive scar tissue.
I look forward to seeing your pictures.
All the best,
Dr. Feller