View Full Version : Hair loss area name?

09-29-2013, 06:31 PM
What's the name of the area of hairloss that is usually unnoticed or cared about ...

On each side of the face, near the eye brows, maybe halfway between a natural hairline and the beginning of the side burns area of the beard? Is there a name for this region?

I've had this area start to regrow after about 2 months on minox, without applying to this area, and I'm finding it very strange as I didn't really even notice it before. So, now I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this or anything. Is this a side-effect, like unintended growth?

09-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Are you talking about the area in the box on the picture below? If so these are called the temple points. I think this is one of the easiest places to regrow hair with minoxidil for some reason. It is the only place I really saw definitive regrowth using minox, although I was applying it directly to those areas. I have also talked to other guys who said they saw regrowth there. The fact that you're getting regrowth there without applying it is a really good sign that you may be a very good responder to minox. There was a guy on another forum who had amazing regrowth from minox and he reported growth in areas that he never applied it, so maybe you will respond very well to the drug.


09-29-2013, 08:08 PM
I hope so :)
Thanks for the unexpected encouragement! I've definitely shed some density from minox/fin but ironically it makes my thinning areas on the hairline look less noticeable hah!

But I'm actually thinking it might be due to some runoff from the foam "melting" as it hits the hair.. Either way, definitely getting some new hairs all over but they are not meaningful -yet..

Dr. Glenn Charles
10-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Some refer to this area as the temporal points.