View Full Version : My own DHT / Finasteride 0.25mg every other day test

08-28-2013, 08:15 PM

I decided to do a quick test with my DHT levels to see if the 0.25mg is effective or not. Probably someone here will criticize this but is the best I can do and I am very happy with the results.

I use to have terrible side effects with 1mg of Finasteride (watery semen, super low libido and erection problems).

I am 38 years old, NW 3V and my crown is almost gone and aggressive receding hairline :mad:

July 08, 2013 (without taking finasteride for the last 10 months)
DHT: 46 ng/dL (Reference Range 30 - 85)

on July 09, 2013 I started with 0.25mg of Generic Finasteride every other day

August 22, 2013
DHT: 18 ng/dL (Reference Range 30 - 85)
Testosterone, Serum: 641 ng/dL (Reference Range 348-1197)
Free Testosterone (Direct) 14.1 (Reference Range 8.7-25.1)

Sorry no baseline for Testosterone...

Both tests completed at the same time and day (Monday 9am)

I still have some issues with the semen (watery) and I can perform well for the first round but my penis is completely death for the 2nd round even with a super hot girl that I am dating now.

I know each body is different but I have a couple of questions/comments:

- Do you think that my baseline (DHT) is already low to be the main cause of my baldness? I definitively have the genes (both sides) and my pattern is the typical in the crown and receding hairline.

- Do you think that my testosterone are good for a healthy libido and good quality of semen?

I will keep this plan of 0.25mg every other day because obviously drop the DHT level

I don't smoke or drink... I exercise 4 days a week and I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables...

08-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Wow. You're DHT is down 61% from taking 1/8th the recommend dose (1mg). I believe the full 1 mg reduces DHT by 68%.

This is really great info. From experimentation, I experience sides at .50 mg ED but not at .25 ED. Guess I'll stay at .25 and see what happens.

08-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Sorry guys,

I made a mistake... I was thinking when I used to cut the generic proscar in 4 pieces when I wrote the post... now I am cutting generic propecia in 2 so I am using 0.5mg every other day (not 0.25mg).

08-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Did you carry out the blood test on an ON or OFF day? Some claimed DHT is only low on ON days... Which I dont believe.

08-30-2013, 04:34 PM
When I did this test, I used Finsterida 1mg every other day and did a blood test on day off, but I did not have any reduction in DHT.

Then I did another test with 0.5 mg of finasteride daily and worked.

Good luck and post your results later.

08-31-2013, 11:57 AM
I completed both days of testing on day off of Finasteride but I take the half propecia pill at night (the night before the test).

08-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Well thats <12 hours since last fin dose. If you intend to do another blood test, do it in the morning of a day-on. Then you have like 36 hours since last fin dose.

And just to make it clear, I don`t believe your DHT will drastically change from your last test, but it will hopefully show Julio that his results are inacurrate... ;)