View Full Version : 26 and need advice!!

06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I am 26 years old and have recently been noticing my hair is getting really thin. Unlike typical male pattern baldness, I have diffuse thinning throughout and not just in the crown and receding hairline. It's not to the point of needing regrowth, although I wouldn't complain with regrowth. However, I need to do something to put the brakes on new hair loss. I have read up a lot on the subject but am having a hard time figuring out what works and what doesn't. I have no desire to use Propecia and would really like to use minoxidil as a last resort. I am very nervous about the side effects of Propecia as i dont know if the side effects have been exagerated. I have read about saw palmetto and beta sitosterol but haven't read any viable reviews on people having success. I need advice please. What works and where can I find it.

06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
If it were only that simple..

Everyone would want to go about addressing their hair loss without having to take treatments like finasteride etc ( i know i would ) however it is what it is and unfortunately there isn't anything proven to help treat hair loss other than the Big 3 which includes finasteride ( Propecia ) as the main weapon.

You can try saw palmetto, biotin, MSM etc and attempt to get hair as healthy as possible - however i the majority of cases the cause of hair loss runs much deeper than that and in order to help prevent further loss you need suppress DHT.

Best of luck