PDA

View Full Version : Complete RU58841 Usage Guide

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

LMS
05-10-2014, 04:49 PM
OK so last night was my first RU application 50mg in 1ml (70/30 eth/pg).

Couple questions for the veterans.

When the **** do I apply? Last night I showered - applied stayed up for a few hours and then went to bed. Now I woke up and showered again cause I need to shower in the morning, or else I feel unwoken and/or greasy (its a psychological thing).

Now my question is - I heard that RU binds to the receptor for about 20 hrs - but when I shower do I have to reapply as in the receptor is no longer binded by ru? Im about to reapply another 50mg/ml just incase.

Basically I'm trying to figure out when/how to apply RU for maximam efficacy and so I dont have to constantly be reapplying.

I'm actually about to go to work too, and I'm going to be wearing a hat. Can this further **** shit up?

**** bros, I just want to get this right cause my only other option is a hairpiece since I'm 18 and **** being bald so early.

Also no noticeable sides so far - woke up with about a 50% stiffy. Sometimes its 100% stiffy, sometimes a mere 0%. SO unless today was meant to be a 100% stiffy morning I'd say no sides as of yet.

Also experimenting with application methods. 1ml is very difficult to cover even though my hair is like a quarter inch long. thinking of doing 25mg/ml and 2mls. or just 100mg in 2 mls. we'll see.

lilpauly
05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
OK so last night was my first RU application 50mg in 1ml (70/30 eth/pg).

Couple questions for the veterans.

When the **** do I apply? Last night I showered - applied stayed up for a few hours and then went to bed. Now I woke up and showered again cause I need to shower in the morning, or else I feel unwoken and/or greasy (its a psychological thing).

Now my question is - I heard that RU binds to the receptor for about 20 hrs - but when I shower do I have to reapply as in the receptor is no longer binded by ru? Im about to reapply another 50mg/ml just incase.

Basically I'm trying to figure out when/how to apply RU for maximam efficacy and so I dont have to constantly be reapplying.

I'm actually about to go to work too, and I'm going to be wearing a hat. Can this further **** shit up?

**** bros, I just want to get this right cause my only other option is a hairpiece since I'm 18 and **** being bald so early.

Also no noticeable sides so far - woke up with about a 50% stiffy. Sometimes its 100% stiffy, sometimes a mere 0%. SO unless today was meant to be a 100% stiffy morning I'd say no sides as of yet.

Also experimenting with application methods. 1ml is very difficult to cover even though my hair is like a quarter inch long. thinking of doing 25mg/ml and 2mls. or just 100mg in 2 mls. we'll see.

Apply Minox in the morning and apply ru at night time . I always apy ru last , it's just my preference !!!!

LMS
05-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Apply Minox in the morning and apply ru at night time . I always apy ru last , it's just my preference !!!!

Ru is my only treatment. No minox, fin etc. So if I apply at night and then shower in the morning is that alright? Or will I not receive the full benefit and should I then apply twice a day - once before bed and once in the morning after my shower?

brocktherock
05-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey Hellouser,
You had incredible results with ru last year but how did your results hold up after? Did they stay? Did you keep going through rough shedding and steady regrowth?

lilpauly
05-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Ru is my only treatment. No minox, fin etc. So if I apply at night and then shower in the morning is that alright? Or will I not receive the full benefit and should I then apply twice a day - once before bed and once in the morning after my shower?

apply once. u should add minox as well, ru stops the balding process where as growth stims give the most regrowth, at your age u could probaly restore your hairline because of your young age,

robodoc
05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Don't think it would work man. Well it could but it would dry your scalp terribly. There's bound to be a website like WineChateau for the UK though.

Isoproply 70% or 91% works fine. Just let it dissolve over 5-10 minutes, stir if you wish and refrigerate after initially dissolving it. ie, dissolve 100gram in 10ml of Isopropyl Alc and then add minoxidil ready made soln up to 20ml for a 50mg/ml concentration.

No initial shedding of any kind with RU. Use Nizoral 2% shampoo 1-2 a week and Minox 5% daily before nightly application of RU. I have had stunning results. Good luck.

LMS
05-13-2014, 01:21 AM
I just looked at my RU solution and there still seems to be undissolved pieces of RU if I look closely enough. I dissolved it first in ethanol then agitated it with my syringe and then finally added the PG. Is this normal or should I be worried?

RU from anagen - as is the ethanol + PG.

Only noticeable if you look close - but its there.

DifferentLine
05-13-2014, 05:17 AM
^ Have you shaken the solution up properly after mixing? I found that after I'd mixed it and waited a couple of hours there were still tiny lumps of RU, so I shook up the solution and left it to rest for a while and the lumps had dissolved.

lilpauly
05-13-2014, 05:26 AM
If u are tiny ru specs just shake it and wait , 99% will disdolve right away and the other 1% will dissolve when shaking , undisdolves ru will have a milky color in ethanol

lilpauly
05-13-2014, 05:29 AM
I would also apply rogaine foam in the morning , u will get more regrowth with combo

Plan C
05-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Can someone clarify if this

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-15105.aspx

Is suitable for mixing with RU please.

doke
05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Can someone clarify if this

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-15105.aspx

Is suitable for mixing with RU please.

Hi i used Balkan 176 which was 88% or 176 us proof from same uk company above so i think that is also good to use unless you buy some kb solution which is ready made to mix your ru.

Plan C
05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Does anybody know if KB solution benefits from being stored in the fridge/ freezer like RU does?

hellouser
05-13-2014, 06:53 PM
Does anybody know if KB solution benefits from being stored in the fridge/ freezer like RU does?

Condensation will most likely have a negative effect. Store it closed tightly in room temperature or cooler.

lilpauly
05-13-2014, 07:02 PM
It doesn't matter. Ru is stable at room temp for for at least 6 months kb is stable longer . I store ru in refring sometimes or room temp. I avoid the the freezer because ice crystals can form if its not tightly sealed , this will take the ru longer to dissolve

Plan C
05-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Cheers for the pointers. One more thing - RU in KB solution before minox or minox before RU in KB?

Phatalis
05-14-2014, 08:17 PM
So...

I've read in this thread a lot before but I'm still confused..

Does RU actually work? Did Hellouser actually figure it out...

And if so... and it gives minimal sides compared to Fin but works just as well as fin (im guessing)

why the **** arent we all using it???

Phatalis
05-14-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm asking because i'm considering trying it out. i dont want to f with fin. my hairs thinning a bit.

I gotta say hellouser is the man regardless. him arashi and some others are ****ing amazing dudes. desmond. etc.

but anyhow.

does this shit work?? and if so why arent we raving about it? cause something that mimics fin with minimal sides is.. pretty ****in amazing. im waiting on CB but maaan i dunno if I have that long.

LMS
05-15-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm asking because i'm considering trying it out. i dont want to f with fin. my hairs thinning a bit.

I gotta say hellouser is the man regardless. him arashi and some others are ****ing amazing dudes. desmond. etc.

but anyhow.

does this shit work?? and if so why arent we raving about it? cause something that mimics fin with minimal sides is.. pretty ****in amazing. im waiting on CB but maaan i dunno if I have that long.

i was on dut - and got sides (a side which was almost guaranteed to be present on fin aswell - non sexual). so i got on ru - about to do my 6 th application/day.

no sides except itch from pg - switched to kb tonight. to early to tell results.

Plan C
05-22-2014, 05:04 PM
I applied RU in KB solution for the first time today. I used 50mg in 1ml of KB on my hairline only. This was what I was advised to use - however, I didn't manage to cover my hairline properly. Should I use slightly more ml or try and spread it more evenly?

Amercancer
05-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Hello, been using RU with minox. Did anybody get results and if not let me know whats best please, and how much each night is best.

efedrez
05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Does anybody know the best place/vendor to get KB solution? I have been trying to buy it online but don´t see it at Kane or anywhere else

Thanks

lilpauly
05-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Does anybody know the best place/vendor to get KB solution? I have been trying to buy it online but don´t see it at Kane or anywhere else

Thanks

They have it in stock but not 50 ml bottles , have them ship 100ml I think the price was 38 .

efedrez
05-23-2014, 11:21 AM
They have it in stock but not 50 ml bottles , have them ship 100ml I think the price was 38 .

Thanks Lilpualy, I have been going through their web site but can't find it anywhere, are you sure the still have them in stock? do you know the link to the item in their store?

Plan C
05-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Do you lot shower before using RU? I apply it after having applied Rogaine foam twice, which probably means it doesn't penetrate as well as it could.

Mister Vod
05-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Holy Detail Batman!!! Awesome!

Did this stuff give you any side effects associated with Finasteride? I am super sensitive to it and avoid it. But it does block DHT - but only from the scalp?

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Mr. V

artika
05-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Is it safe to use RU under 18? I am 17

Also does it help retrograde alopecia (I have thinning on the sides, and the only relative who lost his hair, a greatgrandfather, lost his sides too and only maintained the back and nape, but that remained thick)? I have no temple recession ( maybe a bit on one side).
I have seen a derm and he said there is early miniaturization and no vellus hairs yet, but it's present everywhere, save for the back and the nape.
I will also use kirkland minox.

LMS
05-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Holy Detail Batman!!! Awesome!

Did this stuff give you any side effects associated with Finasteride? I am super sensitive to it and avoid it. But it does block DHT - but only from the scalp?

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Mr. V

I used dutasteride and got sides. I used RU for 8 days and got sides aswell, much more mild than dut tho, and they disappeared within a few days. Going to be restarting RU on a lower dose + experiment with vehicles. Hopefully RU will be my saving grace till a find a better side effect free topical.

Plan C
05-29-2014, 10:29 AM
It's been suggested that RU works best when used soon after you take a shower. It's also been suggested that RU in kb solution creates a film that reduces the effectiveness of other topicals like minox. Therefore - taking a shower, using RU and then using minox would make minox fairly ineffective. However - taking a shower, using minox and later applying RU means that RU doesn't benefit from increased effectiveness available from taking a shower . . . Which is the correct order?
(Sorry if this doesn't make a great deal of sense but I'm very hungover)

Swooping
05-29-2014, 10:41 AM
It's been suggested that RU works best when used soon after you take a shower. It's also been suggested that RU in kb solution creates a film that reduces the effectiveness of other topicals like minox. Therefore - taking a shower, using RU and then using minox would make minox fairly ineffective. However - taking a shower, using minox and later applying RU means that RU doesn't benefit from increased effectiveness available from taking a shower . . . Which is the correct order?
(Sorry if this doesn't make a great deal of sense but I'm very hungover)

Just mix it into your minoxidil and apply on a dry clean scalp.

Plan C
05-29-2014, 12:12 PM

I use foam.

robodoc
05-29-2014, 01:51 PM

I apply the minoxidil 5% first then the RU. I personally do not think it matters what order they are applied since they should be applied within a minute of each other. Definitely a clean scalp will be optimal for absorption but hydro-alcholic solns are generally very well absorbed and that is what you have with the RU soln and Minoxidil. I think the appropriate dose of RU is most important.

Most apply RU daily but I am not sure if that is necessary, ie, every other day.
Do the studies show daily use is needed to get results?

Mister Vod
05-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi LMS,

What were the side effects? And did it work for you? Did it help your hair?

Should I use it on a dry scalp? Or wet scalp?

Thanks so much for sharing! Tough to trust vendors...

Mister Vod

I used dutasteride and got sides. I used RU for 8 days and got sides aswell, much more mild than dut tho, and they disappeared within a few days. Going to be restarting RU on a lower dose + experiment with vehicles. Hopefully RU will be my saving grace till a find a better side effect free topical.

Swooping
05-30-2014, 04:03 AM
I apply the minoxidil 5% first then the RU. I personally do not think it matters what order they are applied since they should be applied within a minute of each other. Definitely a clean scalp will be optimal for absorption but hydro-alcholic solns are generally very well absorbed and that is what you have with the RU soln and Minoxidil. I think the appropriate dose of RU is most important.

Most apply RU daily but I am not sure if that is necessary, ie, every other day.
Do the studies show daily use is needed to get results?

Exactly, does not matter indeed. The original macaque study was done doing 5 applications (weekends off) I never tried every other day, although I skip 1 day sometimes 2 days in the week and that is not a problem at all.

Dan26
05-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Exactly, does not matter indeed. The original macaque study was done doing 5 applications (weekends off) I never tried every other day, although I skip 1 day sometimes 2 days in the week and that is not a problem at all.

I've seen ''ru active at the AR for ~20hr'' thrown around before...you know if that is true bro?

lucrio
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
So I'm going to chime in here with my RU experience and also a question based on what I'm experiencing. I've been using RU for about 4 months now with good success. This thread helped out a lot learning everything I needed to know to get started so a thank you to Hellouser. I started at 1% concentration and increased to 5% concentration with little to no side effects. My results have been really good; shedding/loss is now minimal, almost none, thickening all around, and even some hairline regrowth. Basically RU has been doing for me what my best case fin expectations would be. A few weeks ago I decided to up the concentration even more and am now at about 6.7%. Recently I have had some trouble getting and maintaining erections and less libido. I don't know if I just noticed this and it has been going on a while or if it just started.

However, I have also been using marijuana nearly daily in the past two months. The weekend when I really started noticing the side effects was when I smoked pretty heavily. Now I am left wondering if my side effects are due to heavy marijuana usage, or increased RU concentration. I have stopped using marijuana for around a week now but the sides have yet to improve.

Does anyone here who has been trying RU also use marijuana? And do you think it would increase my chances of side effects? Its driving me nuts not knowing which one is to blame.(P.S I'm aware marijuana use is illegal in many places and am not encouraging it or condoning it, if the content of this post violates forum rules then I do not mind it being removed by the moderator)

Swooping
06-02-2014, 03:32 PM
I've seen ''ru active at the AR for ~20hr'' thrown around before...you know if that is true bro?

Nope, never came across the actual binding time.. But yeah some people throw that around i don't know if that is true.

goldnt
06-02-2014, 04:17 PM

Id say it could be accurate, if i miss a day of ru i begin to have like this heat thumping sensation on my scalp throughout the day and it gets really itchy. Has happened for months when i had no treatments. When i used ru it completely stopped till of course i miss a day.

Quick question, ive been buying from kane for months but decided to buy from anagen. Is their quality still good? Id rather anagen because it cheaper,shipped inside US (so no customs hold up which happened to me), faster shipping(2day) and could pay with paypal.

lilpauly
06-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Id say it could be accurate, if i miss a day of ru i begin to have like this heat thumping sensation on my scalp throughout the day and it gets really itchy. Has happened for months when i had no treatments. When i used ru it completely stopped till of course i miss a day.

Quick question, ive been buying from kane for months but decided to buy from anagen. Is their quality still good? Id rather anagen because it cheaper,shipped inside US (so no customs hold up which happened to me), faster shipping(2day) and could pay with paypal.

It's the same , I think Kane sends every1 to anageninc to Order. Customs were destroying to many packages, it's the same price on Kane shop

lilpauly
06-02-2014, 05:44 PM
So I'm going to chime in here with my RU experience and also a question based on what I'm experiencing. I've been using RU for about 4 months now with good success. This thread helped out a lot learning everything I needed to know to get started so a thank you to Hellouser. I started at 1% concentration and increased to 5% concentration with little to no side effects. My results have been really good; shedding/loss is now minimal, almost none, thickening all around, and even some hairline regrowth. Basically RU has been doing for me what my best case fin expectations would be. A few weeks ago I decided to up the concentration even more and am now at about 6.7%. Recently I have had some trouble getting and maintaining erections and less libido. I don't know if I just noticed this and it has been going on a while or if it just started.

However, I have also been using marijuana nearly daily in the past two months. The weekend when I really started noticing the side effects was when I smoked pretty heavily. Now I am left wondering if my side effects are due to heavy marijuana usage, or increased RU concentration. I have stopped using marijuana for around a week now but the sides have yet to improve.

Does anyone here who has been trying RU also use marijuana? And do you think it would increase my chances of side effects? Its driving me nuts not knowing which one is to blame.(P.S I'm aware marijuana use is illegal in many places and am not encouraging it or condoning it, if the content of this post violates forum rules then I do not mind it being removed by the moderator)

U are suffering from anti androgen sides , do u smoke cigs? Have u changed your diet?

Simonr89
06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Is it normal or ok to go through a shedding phase after starting RU? I've been on it for about 1 month and a half and i have seen an increase in shedding throughout.

I'm also seeing few tiny hairs appearing ahead of my temples which is keeping me going.

This is my first anti androgen experience aside from about 2 weeks of propecia which has made me shed too. Should i stick through this?

lilpauly
06-02-2014, 06:47 PM
Is it normal or ok to go through a shedding phase after starting RU? I've been on it for about 1 month and a half and i have seen an increase in shedding throughout.

I'm also seeing few tiny hairs appearing ahead of my temples which is keeping me going.

This is my first anti androgen experience aside from about 2 weeks of propecia which has made me shed too. Should i stick through this?

Every1 goes through shedding sometimes starting a treatment can cause increase in shedding , see if u can see any smaller hairs sprouting throughout the scalp , are u on Minox? Summertime u should shed more hairs , at least for me

lilpauly
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM

also i would not go over 5% some1 on goodlooking loser is having the same issues when he went over 5%, if sides continue try topical fin

Simonr89
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Every1 goes through shedding sometimes starting a treatment can cause increase in shedding , see if u can see any smaller hairs sprouting throughout the scalp , are u on Minox? Summertime u should shed more hairs , at least for me

I've been on minox for 8 months but i have dropped it in january because i don't think i was responding well and it didn't make much sense using it alone.

Im thinking about getting back on it but i wanna judge RU first by itself and also getting back on minox will probably make me shed even more.

hellouser
06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
I've been on minox for 8 months but i have dropped it in january because i don't think i was responding well and it didn't make much sense using it alone.

Im thinking about getting back on it but i wanna judge RU first by itself and also getting back on minox will probably make me shed even more.

The two together will work a LOT better. I highly recommend it.

Simonr89
06-02-2014, 07:20 PM

Thanks. Are we talking long term or just like one year?

hellouser
06-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks. Are we talking long term or just like one year?

Forever... or until CB comes out. Or an actual cure is available.

Discontinuing will restart DHTs effects of miniaturizing your follicles.

lucrio
06-02-2014, 07:40 PM
also i would not go over 5% some1 on goodlooking loser is having the same issues when he went over 5%, if sides continue try topical fin

Never smoke cigs, and my diet has actually been a lot healthier lately. Less fat and sugar. I just wonder if anyone thinks marijuana use affects hormones at all. I'lll definitely go back to 5% and see if that helps. Also, can sides develop after a period of a few months when none were there to start? Results have been really good so far in terms of hair.

Adding to the shedding question from Simonr89, I didn't get any shedding really when I started RU, maybe very minor, but I also got small hair ahead of the hairline which are thickening so it's probably working for you, just stick to it.

LeonardoD
06-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I bought RU but canceled the order... I'm fearing that we'll lose our supplier and by then you would've been addicted to RU, so your hair will be ruined :(.

I'm only losing hair at the hairline, so RU is like a must :(

lilpauly
06-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Saba gel is a great treatment for the hairline

lilpauly
06-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Leonard apply Minox then Saba then watch your hairline fill in !

Paul73
06-04-2014, 04:04 PM

How can you highly recommend a substance that has not been tested on humans? How can you be sure that in the long run it will not cause cancer? And who says that the company has not abandoned the project precisely because of this risk?

The truth is that many people are using RU without thinking about the serious consequences. People have used it recently and did not realize that in a few years unpleasant things may start to emerge.

I hope they rethink whether it's worth it to risk in this way.

Duke
06-05-2014, 02:08 AM
I would really like to start with RU right away but I also have problems using a chemical that was not tested on humans at all!

Especially that it increases cellular replication rate worries me a bit since this is what I would imagine causes cancer (úncontrolled cellular growht)

Iam not an expert at all and I would be more than glad if some expert could clarifie this...

Swooping
06-05-2014, 02:56 AM
How can you highly recommend a substance that has not been tested on humans? How can you be sure that in the long run it will not cause cancer? And who says that the company has not abandoned the project precisely because of this risk?

The truth is that many people are using RU without thinking about the serious consequences. People have used it recently and did not realize that in a few years unpleasant things may start to emerge.

Cancer most funny thing i have heard.. Anti androgens are used for anti-cancer generally, makes much sense!

Start here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_and_development_of_antiandrogens

If you can't research general information and draw logical conclusions from it and put effort into it, don't even start on any experimental is my advice really.
You don't even know that it was tested in humans even till phase 2.

Duke
06-05-2014, 03:47 AM
I did a lot of research on RU and CB so far...but I havent read anything about HUMAN trails on RU?!

Please provide a link or a source!!

Paul73
06-05-2014, 06:02 AM
Cancer most funny thing i have heard.. Anti androgens are used for anti-cancer generally, makes much sense!

Start here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_and_development_of_antiandrogens

If you can't research general information and draw logical conclusions from it and put effort into it, don't even start on any experimental is my advice really.
You don't even know that it was tested in humans even till phase 2.

I confess that I expected a more polite and convincing answer. Instead, you chose to be ironic. And you know why? Because nobody knows the answer to the risk of cancer involving UK.

The answer will always be without foundation and logic. Precisely because there is insufficient data to eliminate what you think is very funny.

I'm not the first to mention the possibility of cancer with the use of RU. If you are as well informed as suggest, you should know that there are tons of articles and threads talking about cancer risk on RU. So i am not the first to make this claim. If you really have not read about this before, i suspect that you are the one who needs to do a better research.

I researched a lot in different sources. Read all threads at this and other websites regarding RU. I even talked to doctors personally. And they agree that cancer is a possibility in the long run since we do not have complete human tests done.

As pointed out by Duke in his post

I would really like to start with RU right away but I also have problems using a chemical that was not tested on humans at all!

Especially that it increases cellular replication rate worries me a bit since this is what I would imagine causes cancer (uncontrolled cellular growth)

Desmond commented about it in a recent post too:

It is important to know the difference between CB & RU . Although They are both anti - androgens , RU is an active ingredient with 20-30 % systemic absorption after topical application .

CB on the other , is only active When applied to the skin . By the Time It Reaches into the lower skin layers and enters the bloodstream , specific enzymes have broken it down to que inactive chemicals are rapidly excreted from the body .

That is why so many ppl still report adverse sexual effects after using RU . So in my opinion either take micro - doses of Finasteride orally ( 0.25mg/twice per week ) or crush it up and dissolve it in the vehicle and apply it topically . At least you know the safety record of finasteride and possible long term effects . The member said earlier with the RU you are playing russian roulette or the RU Roulette LOL .

Still think it's funny? I find disturbing and i was just trying to alert you and other guys about it. I was planning to use RU and after many weeks researching i still didn't find the answer to this question:

Could RU cause cancer in the long run?

Since we don't have the answer (and will never know because the project was abandoned), the YES to this question is also a possibility.

I hope I'm not being rude in my answer. I admire your posts and all the excellent information you bring to this forum. But again, I expected a better response from you.

Swooping
06-05-2014, 08:43 AM
First of all you do know how cancer works a bit don't you? If not first watch this video, it is explained easy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja4z1HGDQo&feature=kp

Btw, sorry I did not mean to offend you. There are many people who use bro- science on the forums. Let's take these 2;

"I would really like to start with RU right away but I also have problems using a chemical that was not tested on humans at all!

Especially that it increases cellular replication rate worries me a bit since this is what I would imagine causes cancer (uncontrolled cellular growth)"

First of all it was tested in humans. Secondly you do know it is completely damn obvious that the cellular replication rate is going to increase (profileration of the cells) when we block the AR. We who have AGA actually lack the profileration rate in our cells (miniaturized hair) against non-aga control. Here just a movie posted about it of the hair congress, you'll understand;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbLm_cgJKI

Although you will find tons more if you search for it. Even finasteride will increase your profileration rate because androgens (DHT) will have less chance to increase paracrine signalling alteration etc through the AR. Same with minoxidil, although through other mechanisms. For instance minoxidil, actually DECREASES P53. We know that androgens induce ROS damage through the AR and P53 gets activated and is overexpressed bald scalp. Go look up on P53 i bet you'll be insanely scared to use minoxidil now lol. We actually want to have more profileration rate in our cells, if you don't want that you better stay bald. I can link you to studies about it if you want.

If you don't want cancer I suppose you better stop drinking, don't go outside without completely covered in UV protection, don't ever smoke, dont use fin, minox etc. But even then you ain't safe because most of it is genetically predisposed anyway. I always amaze myself, some people who live completely healthy and die at a young age of cancer and some people who smoke like a chain monster, drink every day and do drugs still do not develop cancer when they are 80+ years old. Don't you?

Again RU action is of a anti-androgen go look up on other anti-androgens. They are used AGAINST cancer. That would be ironic if molecules for anti-androgens would induce cancer, wouldn't it?

About Desmond this 20-30% systemical approach of RU, i have never read this. Show me the proof for this. I have read every study of RU pretty thoroughly and never have read this 20-30% systematical thing. But prove me wrong if this is true, ill def lower my RU dosage lol. Sorry for spelling mistakes btw wrote this pretty fast.

g0910
06-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Have any of you long time RU users experienced any other symptoms such as muscle loss or androgen/body hair thinning (beard, armpits, chest/stomach, pubic, arms & legs)? I really would like to know how systemic this topical is.

I know that long-term Propecia use causes body hair loss because I'm a prime example. I've been on Propecia for over 10 years and lost almost all of my body hair where I used to be as hairy as a bear before hand... chest hair - stomach hair... all gone. My head hair has held up fairly well though.

Also, I have had a hard time gaining muscle where before starting propecia, I was able to gain muscle mass so easily. Some of the reason may be age, but I think it's mostly due to the lack of DHT. (My Total T and Free T are good )

For these reasons, in the last couple of years I've been starting to wean my Propecia dose(1mg) from every day to 3x/week to 2x/week and now to 3/4 mg 2x/week. Does anyone think that using RU, will pickup the slack at all? I'm 50 and I'm at a NW3V/4.

I've never tried Minox or any other special shampoos or topicals. Would like to try RU only if it's not too systemic. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

lilpauly
06-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Have any of you long time RU users experienced any other symptoms such as muscle loss or androgen/body hair thinning (beard, armpits, chest/stomach, pubic, arms & legs)? I really would like to know how systemic this topical is.

I know that long-term Propecia use causes body hair loss because I'm a prime example. I've been on Propecia for over 10 years and lost almost all of my body hair where I used to be as hairy as a bear before hand... chest hair - stomach hair... all gone. My head hair has held up fairly well though.

Also, I have had a hard time gaining muscle where before starting propecia, I was able to gain muscle mass so easily. Some of the reason may be age, but I think it's mostly due to the lack of DHT. (My Total T and Free T are good )

For these reasons, in the last couple of years I've been starting to wean my Propecia dose(1mg) from every day to 3x/week to 2x/week and now to 3/4 mg 2x/week. Does anyone think that using RU, will pickup the slack at all? I'm 50 and I'm at a NW3V/4.

I've never tried Minox or any other special shampoos or topicals. Would like to try RU only if it's not too systemic. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
I think u should try Minox first!

g0910
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Thanks. I guess it's not a bad idea. It's definitely a lot cheaper than RU. AND, I can always add RU later.

I've really been out of the loop and didn't realize until a few weeks ago that there where so many topical anti-androgen products and special shampoos. That's good news.

Is taking .75 mg of propecia twice a week unheard of? Thx.

g0910
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM

lilpauly, do recommend I try Minox in combo any other topical to speed results? Saba? But I still plan on introducing RU later if results from Minox are not sufficient. Thx.

Oh, One more thing. Should I expect initial shedding from Minox if I've been on Propecia?

hellouser
06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Oh, One more thing. Should I expect initial shedding from Minox if I've been on Propecia?

Yup.

michaelmyersnyc
06-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Yup.
question.
say you bought: RU solution 50ML, 8% strength, with select carrier KB solution. how much of this stuff would you use a day for effectiveness?
would a vet please get back to me, thanks.

lilpauly
06-06-2014, 07:05 PM
question.
say you bought: RU solution 50ML, 8% strength, with select carrier KB solution. how much of this stuff would you use a day for effectiveness?
would a vet please get back to me, thanks.

Buy the powder it's much cheaper

lilpauly
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
It will also buy much longer and u can adjust the dose , I recommend not to go over 5%

lilpauly
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
It will also last much longer and u can adjust the dose , I recommend not to go over 5%

michaelmyersnyc
06-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Buy the powder it's much cheaper

lol i know that now but the deed is already done lol...im just looking for the answer to the question if u can help?

lilpauly
06-06-2014, 07:31 PM
lol i know that now but the deed is already done lol...im just looking for the answer to the question if u can help?

It all depends really , most people they apply 1ml of ru , sometimes it's a little more , a little less if u target areas . If u bough kb apply it last ,

Paul73
06-07-2014, 02:03 PM
First of all you do know how cancer works a bit don't you? If not first watch this video, it is explained easy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qja4z1HGDQo&feature=kp

Btw, sorry I did not mean to offend you. There are many people who use bro- science on the forums. Let's take these 2;

"I would really like to start with RU right away but I also have problems using a chemical that was not tested on humans at all!

Especially that it increases cellular replication rate worries me a bit since this is what I would imagine causes cancer (uncontrolled cellular growth)"

First of all it was tested in humans. Secondly you do know it is completely damn obvious that the cellular replication rate is going to increase (profileration of the cells) when we block the AR. We who have AGA actually lack the profileration rate in our cells (miniaturized hair) against non-aga control. Here just a movie posted about it of the hair congress, you'll understand;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbLm_cgJKI

Although you will find tons more if you search for it. Even finasteride will increase your profileration rate because androgens (DHT) will have less chance to increase paracrine signalling alteration etc through the AR. Same with minoxidil, although through other mechanisms. For instance minoxidil, actually DECREASES P53. We know that androgens induce ROS damage through the AR and P53 gets activated and is overexpressed bald scalp. Go look up on P53 i bet you'll be insanely scared to use minoxidil now lol. We actually want to have more profileration rate in our cells, if you don't want that you better stay bald. I can link you to studies about it if you want.

If you don't want cancer I suppose you better stop drinking, don't go outside without completely covered in UV protection, don't ever smoke, dont use fin, minox etc. But even then you ain't safe because most of it is genetically predisposed anyway. I always amaze myself, some people who live completely healthy and die at a young age of cancer and some people who smoke like a chain monster, drink every day and do drugs still do not develop cancer when they are 80+ years old. Don't you?

Again RU action is of a anti-androgen go look up on other anti-androgens. They are used AGAINST cancer. That would be ironic if molecules for anti-androgens would induce cancer, wouldn't it?

About Desmond this 20-30% systemical approach of RU, i have never read this. Show me the proof for this. I have read every study of RU pretty thoroughly and never have read this 20-30% systematical thing. But prove me wrong if this is true, ill def lower my RU dosage lol. Sorry for spelling mistakes btw wrote this pretty fast.

Thank you for answering with so many details. I understand your view on it. But the truth is that we will only be 100% sure about RU safety regarding cancer if any company restarts the trials and conclude them.

Like Pate commented on another thread, it is still an unaproved substance. This fact makes cancer a possibility.

hellouser
06-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you for answering with so many details. I understand your view on it. But the truth is that we will only be 100% sure about RU safety regarding cancer if any company restarts the trials and conclude them.

Like Pate commented on another thread, it is still an unaproved substance. This fact makes cancer a possibility.

I think the LARGE number of people having used RU58841 over the years should be taken into account.

burtandernie
06-07-2014, 04:44 PM
A lot of people used it, but its not in documented or in any kind of controlled way so its kind of useless like a bunch of personal testimonials.

Swooping
06-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I think the LARGE number of people having used RU58841 over the years should be taken into account.

True imo. A Japanese company actually sold it too commercially they licensed it from Prostrakan and sold it as a over the counter solution in Japan (temporary). Also after the phase 2a trial they talked about an excellent pharmacological mechanism and no real safety issues.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://hair2go.oc.to/ru58841_1.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=6&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRU58841%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rlz% 3D1T4ADBF_enUS225US225%26sa%3DN

Sadly pharma companies only think of profit, they don't care about you. If they don't think they can make money of it, forget about it. Seeing how finasteride is a total failure for Merck looking at the annual reports and lawsuits. No wonder nobody picked RU up. Remember when phase 2A was done that was in 2005 i think, the patent life was only 7 more years. Who would be so stupid to pick that up looking at it from a business perspective ;). If there were real safety issues they would never also try to even search for partnering discussions. They already talk about the market being "modest". Btw they wanted to sell it as a OTC solution just as minoxidil.

http://s29.postimg.org/rfcb2lp4n/RU_pp.jpg

Paul73
06-08-2014, 12:53 PM
A lot of people used it, but its not in documented or in any kind of controlled way so its kind of useless like a bunch of personal testimonials.

I agree. And we should also consider that people are using it for a short period of time. So it´s impossible to know if it brings cancer risk since tumors usually take several years to develop.

BTW, it´s irresponsable to believe that a LOT of testimonials from hair loss forums are enough to define the safety of a substance.

wesleybelgium
06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
I m using for couple years, along with dutas minox and dermarolling. Doing full blood checkup at my local hospital in Belgium twice a year for vital organs chackup and cancer screening. We are blessed to pay only 16 euro for such test because of insurance, so far so good all test shows normal values. you can ask your doctor for full checkup

Ru is my life saver, it maintain my hair while on anabolic steroids, and thicken up existing hairs , less sides then all anti androgens i tried.

Only sides I notice is dry scalp. i wil make topic with my log .

wesley

Paul73
06-10-2014, 12:39 PM
I m using for couple years, along with dutas minox and dermarolling. Doing full blood checkup at my local hospital in Belgium twice a year for vital organs chackup and cancer screening. We are blessed to pay only 16 euro for such test because of insurance, so far so good all test shows normal values. you can ask your doctor for full checkup

Ru is my life saver, it maintain my hair while on anabolic steroids, and thicken up existing hairs , less sides then all anti androgens i tried.

Only sides I notice is dry scalp. i wil make topic with my log .

wesley

Hi Wesley,

Maybe you can check if there is systemic absorption from RU, but
there are no tests to check if RU is putting you in the risk zone of getting cancer.

I'm sorry to say this but the tests you are doing simply don't tell you if RU is developing a tumor.

There's no way to check that.

robodoc
06-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh wait get this. I found the message now. Back when Kane first sent people his KB he sent the ingredients to my friend and sent him polysorbate 80 instead of the luviquat FC 550. lol the guy will throw together whatever sketchy stuff he can to sell to his followers begging him to produce X,Y, or Z. He cares nothing about actually getting it right. This is likely why you experienced wired results with him as who the hell knows what your vehicle really was. Could have had DMSO in it for all we know.

Don't knock Kane. I have had nothing but good service, great prices and a quality product. His RU works for me. Sketchy stuff? I doubt it.

Swooping
06-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Anyone have a good source for a dropper? My dropper broke it came with a polaris labs product but was really good (glass). I hate to apply it with the shitty droppers minoxidil kirkland gives.

robodoc
06-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Let me add to the RU argument. First I will say I use RU and it works. There are some obvious sexual side effects. Long term effects I do not know. I do know this, if RU was safe it would have gone to market. Isn't that a no brainer?

I will use it at some risk for a time or a bridge to finding something safer to use. Cancer? Who knows but we do know there were obvious side effects for it NOT to used on humans. Beware. I am in complete agreement with Paul that is ridiculous to think the side effects can not be serious.

wesleybelgium
06-11-2014, 09:01 AM
I have great results with Ru. Will use it until true cure comes out. blood tests show all perfect! I'm very happy. will post topic soon with pictures :).

Wesley

Paul73
06-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I have great results with Ru. Will use it until true cure comes out. blood tests show all perfect! I'm very happy. will post topic soon with pictures :).

Wesley

Good to know that you are getting results. But again: blood tests don't tell you if RU is developing something really serious.

There aren't tests to check this possibility. Nobody knows what can happen after 5+ years on this substance.

Swooping
06-11-2014, 09:59 AM
Good to know that you are getting results. But again: blood tests don't tell you if RU is developing something really serious.

There aren't tests to check this possibility. Nobody knows what can happen after 5+ years on this substance.

Then stay away from this topic mate, no need for your scare mongering. There are 1000's of people using RU with great success. It is even commercially available in indonesia @ 2% solution. Nobody forces you to use it, simple as that.. Just go with finasteride or dutasteride if you don't like experimentals, options enough.

wesleybelgium
06-11-2014, 03:20 PM
yes but every 6 months checking levels of sign of cancergrow still could warn you that something is wrong

it seems that you have evidence that ru is bad for us , can you tell us what you know ?
for me all seems good

i think that using any meds at all for 10 years and beyond could give consiquenses but herbals can do this also ( higer doses then nature provides )

i think that every meds give risks in long term use... ( even if its only 0,1 % )

bradpitthair
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Let me add to the RU argument. First I will say I use RU and it works. There are some obvious sexual side effects. Long term effects I do not know. I do know this, if RU was safe it would have gone to market. Isn't that a no brainer?

I will use it at some risk for a time or a bridge to finding something safer to use. Cancer? Who knows but we do know there were obvious side effects for it NOT to used on humans. Beware. I am in complete agreement with Paul that is ridiculous to think the side effects can not be serious.

There are tons of drugs with alot of side effects (i.e. Accutane) and they have gone to market. Safety is not an indicator. Revenue is. RU was available for licensing by ProStrakan. But when it was acquired by another pharmaceutical, they didn't want to acquire the PSK3841 licensing along with it (hair loss drugs were probably not their likely focus).

Paul73
06-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Then stay away from this topic mate, no need for your scare mongering. There are 1000's of people using RU with great success. It is even commercially available in indonesia @ 2% solution. Nobody forces you to use it, simple as that.. Just go with finasteride or dutasteride if you don't like experimentals, options enough.

I was just trying to tell Wesley that there is no way to verify if RU can develop a cancer in the long run.

Of course nobody forces me to use it, but at the same time i don´t think prudent that RU users recommend for every guy desperate for a solution.

As I said earlier, I intended to use RU. But after searching a lot I found many warnings about the possibility of serious damage in the long run. Even the memorable poster Bryan Shelton made important coments regarding RU safety. You will find his posts at HLH forums.

And the most serious indicator that there is something wrong: the fact that the company abandoned the project is very suspicious. Do you really think that it was a money issue? Of course not! They woudn´t be stupid at that point. They abandoned it because something related to safety was found.

Maybe I should stay away from this topic not because you asked me to do it. But because it surprises me to see people recommending RU to everyone without considering the risks in the long run. Cancer is one of them since we don´t know what this substance can do after many years.

BTW, the fact that it is commercially available in indonesia means nothing in terms of security, you certainly know that, no?

Dan26
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
@Paul77

Lets be honest man, if we could go back in time to before finasteride was approved by the FDA you would have thousands of people taking the chance to save their follicles.

In fact, the poster boy of BTT, Spencer Kobren, did this!

Some people don't respond well or have sides with the traditional medications, so they seek alternatives. That is why they are exprimental.

We really don't have any reason to believe RU will be harmful long term. Nor did we have any reason to beleive fin could be even after it was approved but before longterm studies were done on it.

I'm not sure if you are fear mongering or trying to convince yourself you made a good decision in not trying this experimental :S

If you see people spreading misinformation then definitely jump in and say something but otherwise I don't see your point here.

simba
06-14-2014, 05:48 PM
And the most serious indicator that there is something wrong: the fact that the company abandoned the project is very suspicious. Do you really think that it was a money issue? Of course not! They woudn´t be stupid at that point. They abandoned it because something related to safety was found.

They abandoned the project because it wasnt stable in solution form.

Xoxo
06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
They abandoned the project because it wasnt stable in solution form.

Why wasn't it stable in solution form? / Who said that?
In the German forum, some chemically professional guy tested the stability in solution at room temperature.
Last result was that it is absolutely stable after 231 days.
The solution used was "Bifon Haarlösung". Many guys of the German forum use it because it is similar to K&B solution and relatively cheap.

Jajaja
06-18-2014, 07:18 AM
I got some questions regarding ru in general. I'm 20 yrs old, have been balding (noticed it) a year ago.
Some short history:
I Started out with fin where i got some minor bad symptoms, at the sixth month of fin i got chestpains/ gyno burning feelings and i had/have some hard lumps in my chest, i'm not sure it were there before or not. It probably was.
i stopped using fin and started out minox, and have been using it for 6-7 months, but i'm afraid that it wont save my hair long enough.

Now to the questions:
Anyone that got that burning feeling in the chest from ru alone ? If anyone have had chestpains while using fin and instead started with ru?
Or just stopped with fin from any bad symptoms, did it come back with ru?

Is the bad symptoms from fin the same as ru?

Is it possible to use the powder directly in the minoxidil liquid?

This might be some stupid questions, but i don't really know what to do in my situation :(

Scalpology
06-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Hellouser. What do you think about mixing 6 ml Neogenic capsule with 150 of RU, then applying 1/3rd of capsule every day? That's 2 ml daily with 50 mg of RU. I can apply it pretty well, just started. Is it a good start? Might bump up to 100 mg RU daily (300 mg per capsule of Neogenic). RU dissolves completely in Neogenic.

Denda
07-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Am I able to have a pharmacy simply order PG for me with no prescription ?

Californication
07-12-2014, 11:14 AM
I got some questions regarding ru in general. I'm 20 yrs old, have been balding (noticed it) a year ago.
Some short history:
I Started out with fin where i got some minor bad symptoms, at the sixth month of fin i got chestpains/ gyno burning feelings and i had/have some hard lumps in my chest, i'm not sure it were there before or not. It probably was.
i stopped using fin and started out minox, and have been using it for 6-7 months, but i'm afraid that it wont save my hair long enough.

Now to the questions:
Anyone that got that burning feeling in the chest from ru alone ? If anyone have had chestpains while using fin and instead started with ru?
Or just stopped with fin from any bad symptoms, did it come back with ru?

Is the bad symptoms from fin the same as ru?

Is it possible to use the powder directly in the minoxidil liquid?

This might be some stupid questions, but i don't really know what to do in my situation :(

Very similar to you. Started treating balding when I was 19.5 with fin and minox. Four months in with fin and I started getting signs of gyno (puffy nips, fat around the area, bigger areolas--> studies show the earliest cases of fin gyno show up at around 4 months so I was sensitive obviously). Went off fin, took nothing for a couple months, hopped on low dosage of RU working my way up from 15/20 mg to 50 mg.

At 50 mg, started to get weird chest feeling that I can't describe. I think burning might be a good description, it wasn't gyno this time, but it felt bad, and I woke up in the morning (I applied RU at night) with a weird, heavy chest feeling. Didn't like it and didn't think it was worth my health to stay on RU, were a couple cases of other people who were very sensitive experiencing similar things on RU that scared me--> regardless of whether it was RU that causes these problems in other people, I knew it gave me a burning sensation and I didn't think the risk was worth it.. Got off RU for a couple months hopped on to low dosage of fin, 0.25 mg every third day (lowest recommended dosage which I worked up to). Did that for two months at which point gyno symptoms reappeared faster this time, puffy nips and all. Quit fin after 3 months, never going on it again.

Even Saw Palmetto at this point seems to give some gyno symptoms which I'm just not willing to put up with at this point anymore. If I were you I would try one of these pills, I took a hair loss vitamin with about 550 mg of Saw Palmetto a day, biotin, all that stuff and imo it could help you so long as you're not quite as sensitive as me. Still hate hair loss and probably gonna go with something unconventional (SMP) to treat it but I've probably become somewhat more accepting than I used to be about losing hair. Am on minox right now, just bought Kirkland which is minox with DHT blocking properties supposedly so will give that a go perhaps.

Basically, had a similar experience to you at a young age so thought I'd share, sorry don't have any great advice but after scouring the web, there is no solution to those very sensitive to gyno really, just put up with it, hope it stabilizes maybe, or get off the medication. It's not like libido where taking lower doses really helps since the same amount of DHT is blocked roughly speaking by fin. And yes, you can mix RU with minox.

fran
07-21-2014, 04:39 AM
Hey can anyone help me with this?

Had an HT 18th June, 3350 grafts. Just ordered 5% premixed RU in KB solution from anageninc. I've been using rogaine foam 2x a day since 4th July; should I apply RU after shower once my hair is dry, then Rogaine foam once RU has dried? I'm worried if I apply the foam first, the RU won't absorb properly. I was thinking of starting on .75 mls or even .5 mls for a few days before going up to 1 ml RU everyday.

Also, do you need to wash your hair every time you apply RU? I usually wash my hair every 2nd day.

Thanks!

Jajaja
07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
txt!
It really sounds that we had some similar sides. But i did not check if it really was gyno. I only had the burning feeling and some lumps, and i still got lumps left and honestly i don't know if it comes from the fin or if i just got it when i was younger.

I didnt have any puffy nips or any other changes in that region, but i cut the fin completely a couple of days after the burn and brought a anti-gyno med that many AAS gym guys use, might have saved me.:cool:

Started minox at late december last year, and i've been on it since.. But i haven't seen any progress.
Might going to try ru/propecia in very small doses, if it might help me to keep the hair a while longer, but the sides so far have been to much for me :mad:

robodoc
08-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Reason was, AFAIK, it was too costly to go through further trials and dropped.

I have been using RU but it does not help much. Is it stll working for you?
I was so happy to see what RU did for you.
Thanks.

brocktherock
08-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Hey guys, I didn't take before and after pictures but I figured Id at least tell you about my progress. I started ru back in mid april, since then Ive experienced a ton of shedding. My density hasn't come back yet, however Ive noticed a ton of new terminal hairs in my temples and small vellous hairs that are much shorter than are just coming in. This is definitely not in my head, I was somewhat skeptical about ru but I bought it out of desperation. If Im lucky I hope to get my density back in a few more months like hellouser did. If my temples continue growing at this rate then that's incredible progress. I haven't experienced any side effects so I started using a little more than hellouser. Im thinking of adding finasteride if my density returns so I can focus on maintaining but that's a bit risky. I know without pictures you don't really care and you shouldn't but I figured Id at least contribute something.

Kudu
08-27-2014, 02:02 PM
^Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to get on RU soon and it's always good to hear something positive for a change.

efedrez
08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Hello Guys,

Just want to share my experience changing vehicles with RU.

I was using RU (on and off) with PG and everclear for over a month but was felling tenderness in my chest and sometimes something that can be describe as a burning sensation in my body (pretty odd felling).

I decided to change to the KB vehicle and bought a 3% solution from Anagen (of course I'm worry of sides so I didn't want to go over 3% for now) and so far so good

Its been only a week so nothing to report in terms of results yet but hopefully will see some improvements in about a couple of months

Does anyone knows why KB can be potentially better in terms of sides? is 3% to low to experience significant results (I'm applying 1 ml a day)?

lucrio
08-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Hello Guys,

I was using RU (on and off) with PG and everclear for over a month but was felling tenderness in my chest and sometimes something that can be describe as a burning sensation in my body (pretty odd felling).

I decided to change to the KB vehicle and bought a 3% solution from Anagen (of course I'm worry of sides so I didn't want to go over 3% for now) and so far so good

Its been only a week so nothing to report in terms of results yet but hopefully will see some improvements in about a couple of months

Does anyone knows why KB can be potentially better in terms of sides? is 3% to low to experience significant results (I'm applying 1 ml a day)?

I have never used KB but from what I have heard the reason it is suspected to be better in terms of sides is because of a film that it creates on or under the skin, not sure which or how. This film is supposed to block more RU from absorbing past the skin and into the body. So in essence, the RU stays on and under the skin, but does not go any further than that so it cannot be absorbed systemically.

I have no idea if this is true, but that is the idea. I am currently using RU 5% in PG/everclear and feel like I may be experiencing some sides. Mainly lower libido and softer and less frequent erections.

Out of curiosity, what percent strength were you using when you used PG/Everlcear? Also, has using KB completely eliminated your sides? I have though about perhaps trying KB or lowering my percent strength. Also, your 3% should definitely still be strong enough to see results. When i first started, I worked my way up from 1%, eventually reaching 5%, and when I was at about 2-3%, i still saw a lot less shedding and small vellus regrowth at the hairline.

efedrez
08-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Out of curiosity, what percent strength were you using when you used PG/Everlcear? Also, has using KB completely eliminated your sides? I have though about perhaps trying KB or lowering my percent strength. Also, your 3% should definitely still be strong enough to see results. When i first started, I worked my way up from 1%, eventually reaching 5%, and when I was at about 2-3%, i still saw a lot less shedding and small vellus regrowth at the hairline.

I was using about 2 or 3% as well so I would say any improvements in terms of sides is not related to the amount of RU but to the vehicle.

Its been only a week for me on KB so it might be too soon to tell if sides will be gone for good but I can tell you that there is an improvement for sure.

I will post again in a couple of weeks and report on it

Thanks

Sammygirl
08-29-2014, 10:34 AM
I've come across other RU guides. But, by far this seems the most honest and documented guide. Great work Hellouser. Many will find this useful. I second the idea that you should write a book! I will be checking out your link.

Hairismylife
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Wanna know which is the best source of RU. Kane? IG? mpbtreatment or others?
And if I use RU with CB will there be duplicated function?

doke
09-01-2014, 12:32 PM
hi I get mine premixed from kane anagenic 5% in kb solution and im happy with it. I do not think you need to use cb with it and anyway I am not sure cb is any better than ru.

inbrugge
09-01-2014, 07:11 PM
doke, do you have any info about topical fin? is it effective? is it good to use in combination with ru?

doke
09-02-2014, 02:34 AM
to be honest if ru works for you why do you need finasteride although im on dutasteride oral but that's for prostate.

Jazz1
09-02-2014, 04:02 AM
doke, do you have any info about topical fin? is it effective? is it good to use in combination with ru?

I would leave RU as last resort, topical FIN works but everyone is different if FIN and DUt fails than I would use RU as last resort.

Jazz1
09-02-2014, 04:03 AM
to be honest if ru works for you why do you need finasteride although im on dutasteride oral but that's for prostate.

Wow that's some regime, how's your hair?

Hairismylife
09-02-2014, 06:38 AM
hi I get mine premixed from kane anagenic 5% in kb solution and im happy with it. I do not think you need to use cb with it and anyway I am not sure cb is any better than ru.

Isn't self-made better? I heard that Ru will start to become unstable once dissolved. It takes more than ten days to arrive and the temperature of storage on the way of transportation worries me.

doke
09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Ru as seen at hairsite and regrowth com is better than finasteride and side effect free non systemic that's why for many years people were trying to get hold of it.

hellouser
09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Ru as seen at hairsite and regrowth com is better than finasteride and side effect free non systemic that's why for many years people were trying to get hold of it.

It's not side effect free, I can guarantee you that. I hopped back on RU a couple weeks ago after a bit of hiatus and noticed a dull ache in my balls.

burtandernie
09-02-2014, 03:40 PM

How can you possibly know RU is sides free? Have you been secretly studying this stuff in your basement for the last few years or something? This is all assuming of course that RU you have is actually consistently produced to purity and potency standards if they even have any in whatever country it comes from

Hairismylife
09-02-2014, 06:22 PM
It's not side effect free, I can guarantee you that. I hopped back on RU a couple weeks ago after a bit of hiatus and noticed a dull ache in my balls.

I'm more worried about it's carcinogenic.

hellouser
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm more worried about it's carcinogenic.

Everything causes cancer. Including hair loss and hair growth.

inbrugge
09-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Everything causes cancer. Including hair loss and hair growth.

Yes that is true, but there are different levels of carnicogens. Just driving in your car increases your chance of skin cancer, but there is a difference between that and a tanning booth. Good grief, I have a batch of RU that I was planning to start on for the first time this week, but I didn't think about this factor. I was only focused on the usual 'fin' sides.

What testing, if any, has RU been put under? Is there any studies on it done safety (not just effectivity)? Is it being a carnicogen a real concern or are you just speculating, hairismylife?

hellouser
09-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Yes that is true, but there are different levels of carnicogens. Just driving in your car increases your chance of skin cancer, but there is a difference between that and a tanning booth. Good grief, I have a batch of RU that I was planning to start on for the first time this week, but I didn't think about this factor. I was only focused on the usual 'fin' sides.

What testing, if any, has RU been put under? Is there any studies on it done safety (not just effectivity)? Is it being a carnicogen a real concern or are you just speculating, hairismylife?

RU58841 went through some clinical trials but eventually it got the axe. It was pretty safe. I have never heard of it being a carcinogen.

Hairismylife
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM

Just speculating but you know, every chemical without comprehensive testing has potential risk. It may not be the fact but we just dont know.

Swooping
09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
RU isn't pretty much a experimental anymore imo. There have been literally 100's probably 1000's guys who have used it. Some went as far as 400mg~ daily. Users been on it for more than 3 years while some even up to 10 years long. FDA phase 3 shit means nothing to this.

We can all quite assume with high accuracy or actually be 100% certain that RU behaves like a normal anti androgen without off side target effects. It can definitely induce side effects in certain people though. Nothing at the moment is completely side effect free. But you'll notice it fast if it accumulates in your system because your lipid profile will change, just like any anti-androgen would do.

I have though about production and quality risk. But we have sources which deliver 99+% so that's not a problem at all. Just look at how many people buy hormones from the underground bodybuilding labs. Winstrol, testosterone, trenbolone, turinabol, anavar etc. All made by underground labs and literally 100000'S of people buy this stuff and even INJECT certain stuff.

I highly believe that RU is even a safer choice than propecia although we don't have evidence for this, this is just my personal opinion. But nobody can really say at this point that propecia is safer too. Fact is; everything carries a bit of risk. If you want to carry 0% risk don't go with any treatment, but we all know what that will do.

doke
09-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I have never heard of ru causing cancer its a non steroid antiandrogen and in trials it was safe and non systemic that's why over the many years its been unavailable premixed people wanted to get hold of it.
As said by john ertel at regrowth com it is the mother of all antiandrogens and with the fact it is only working at the hair follicle non systemic in other words at the doses used in the trials.
So anyone who says they are having problems in the lower regions it will not cause that problem to be honest I got aches in my balls when not taking anything.

Hairismylife
09-07-2014, 10:31 AM
But US Government bans RU import. Maybe US Goverment knows sth risky?

Jazz1
09-07-2014, 01:37 PM
But US Government bans RU import. Maybe US Goverment knows sth risky?

Lol what a funny quote! They probably more concerned about propecia sales! You do know the US government does not ban GMO. You do know the GMO shit Monsanto created causes cancer? Why good old US does not seem to be doing much here lol.

bradpitthair
09-08-2014, 05:03 AM
anyone who hasn't used RU shouldn't really comment on whether it's safe or systemic or not. I've used RU for a month and it went fully systemic. I've stopped RU of course, it doesn't make sense to use it long term if I'm experiencing noticeable sides so early. Before I started RU, my belief was that they didn't market it because it was a topical and it wouldn't compete against other products but after having tried it, I'm fairly certain that the side effects caused by this was one of the main causes. This is a potent androgen antagonist, belonging to the same family as the *lutamides.

inbrugge
09-08-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm on my 4th day of a very low Ru dosage (10 mg). So far nothing but a little tingling down stairs. I'm planning to go upto 20 mg which is ideal for me in a few days. Also, I'm using Neogenic as the vehicle. I'm starting to believe the vehicle is very crucial in goong systematic or not. I have a crazy spike in body hair (arms, hands, brows) since Minox. Pretty sure that's a sign that it's going systematic.

Hellouser, I have a question for you. You're using Minox, so why not dump your Ru into your minox? But rather make a separate vehicle for it?

Illusion
09-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Hellouser (or any other person that is on RU and/or has some knowledge about RU,

I'm 16 years old (almost 17) and because of that, propecia is out of the question (have to be 18 at least) and even when I turn 18, I dont want to **** with my development as a male by drastically reducing my DHT levels while not even fully developed yet.

Because of this, RU seems like an ideal option to me. But, what do you think about the safety of RU for young adults (or in this case, even children)? Could there be any potentional risks for me because of my age? And what are common side effects of RU in general?

RU is expensive, but at the rate I'm balding I dont have much choice, thats why I'm so interested in RU. Halting hairloss right now would be great. So what do you think? Safety-wise, could I start with RU?

Edit: I just realised that I'm blessed with my father, as he's a pharmacist. I think I could get a little help from him, so preparing my RU is going to be pretty safe.

robodoc
09-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Hello Guys,

Look, I won;t claim to be the expert but I do have some background in solvents. I doubt KB is any better than Iso alcohol 91%. Alcoholic, and I have said this before, solutions are well absorbed.

Chest pain, fullness, palpitations are caused by RU in my opinion. There are side effects to everything so beware. Some people are more affected than others in this regard. We all are "playing in the dark".

doke
09-15-2014, 03:16 AM
hi ill I know you asked hell but first of all have you seen a doctor to find out what sort of hairloss you have? as it maynot be mpb.
If its male pattern loss you have have you tried topical minoxidil as even if you use ru you will need a regrowth agent to use in combination.
I myself use ru and minox foam and found them to be a good combination you could start with topical spironolactone instead of ru or try minoxidil first with azelaic acid.
What ever you choose you need to use at least for 3-6 months for minoxidil to work.

Illusion
09-15-2014, 09:02 AM
I've been to my GP and to a dermatologist and both told me I had MPB.

Thanks for concerning about me but RU is basically my only shot (like I said, finasteride is out of the question because of my age). I dont need to regrow any hair. I just need to keep the hair I have right now. So minoxidil isnt going to do much as minoxidil doesnt treat the underlying cause of MPB. Besides, I know a lot of people want to see pictures from persons who are on RU only, so by doing this I kind of give something back to the community too.

There's a very high chance I'll start using RU within 2 months or so and I'm pretty excited tbh. How long do I need to use it to get an idea if it's working properly or not?

inbrugge
09-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Illusion, I don't want to be a downer but I wouldn't say RU is a safer alternative to Finasteride. The only props that I see is that it's applied topically. Chemical wise, it works pretty much the same as Fin or Dut as far as I know. Now again, I'm not the most qualified guy here.

Just an update of my situation...so about a week on Ru, my shedding was fluctuating, somedays really low. In general I felt my scalp was doing better. I had no noticable side effects except extra tingling down stairs.

However, I did notice that my semen was unusually watery which is a total no-no for me. So, my Ru experiment has been concluded as such. I didn't have any errectile dysfunction or anything. Was waking up with morning wood, good sign. But now almost 4 days after quitting, still my semen is more liquidy than normal.

So how long does this crap stay in the system?

I'm hoping it clears out by next week. I don't want to be playing russian roulette with my fertility for a treatment which has limited results. I'm hoping things return back to normal, then I will see how topical fin fairs.

doke
09-16-2014, 02:42 AM
I have said this before ru is a non systemic non steroid antiandrogen and at 5% 1 to 2mls a day which is what I use is better to me than the orals.
I have tried dutasteride and finasteride and I get more hairloss, with ru it halts the loss.
Go and look at the old post by john ertel at regrowth com on ru and he said it was the mother of all antiandrogens but anyone remember bryan Shelton who is sadly no longer with us he said ru was nothing special but with the trials many since the 1990s wanted to get to use it so there must be something good about it if its the genuine article that is.
There was stability issues and that the powder must be kept in the freezer and mixing fresh batches is good although kanes ready mixed 5% and 8% in kb solution which I use I like.
I have mixed my own and maydo again but laziness made me buy the ready mixed.:cool:

cichlidfort
09-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I have said this before ru is a non systemic non steroid antiandrogen and at 5% 1 to 2mls a day which is what I use is better to me than the orals.
I have tried dutasteride and finasteride and I get more hairloss, with ru it halts the loss.
Go and look at the old post by john ertel at regrowth com on ru and he said it was the mother of all antiandrogens but anyone remember bryan Shelton who is sadly no longer with us he said ru was nothing special but with the trials many since the 1990s wanted to get to use it so there must be something good about it if its the genuine article that is.
There was stability issues and that the powder must be kept in the freezer and mixing fresh batches is good although kanes ready mixed 5% and 8% in kb solution which I use I like.
I have mixed my own and maydo again but laziness made me buy the ready mixed.:cool:

Wrong. It's called shedding which means it's WORKING!

Plan C
09-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to switch from RU in KB solution to RU in Neogenic as I'm keen to use RU before minox and not after (KB creates a film that prevents anything else entering the scalp so this isn't currently possible).

In his original post, hellouser recommends that you apply RU straight after showering to maximise its efficacy. I was intending to do this with RU in Neo - is this wise? Isn't there a chance of systemic absorption?

Also, I'm currently using 100mg of RU a day. Should I continue with this amount in Neo?

inbrugge
09-16-2014, 04:20 PM
Everybody is different. You're using 100 mg RU with minimal side effects. I used ru with neo only 10 mg for 1 week and had watery ejaculate. So it depends on how your body handles it.

Plan C
09-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Everybody is different. You're using 100 mg RU with minimal side effects. I used ru with neo only 10 mg for 1 week and had watery ejaculate. So it depends on how your body handles it.

My thinking is that once I start using RU directly after showering, it will penetrate the skin much better (currently it has to penetrate remnants of minox and sebum first), which could result in side effects.

Illusion
09-16-2014, 10:36 PM
Ok so I start to understand that RU probably does go systematic but in a much lesser amount than fin? Basically this is my last hope (at least until my 18th) so I'm very likely to try this anyway. Also, whenever I apply RU, females (esp pregnant onces) can absolutely NOT touch my hair, right? I thought this made sense because of the antial-androgen effects RU has.

I've heard people say it before: to make a topical work, it has to go systematic. Now I don't necessarily know if that is true, but it would make some sense. I just really hope that RU is safe but I guess it could have the same side effects as fin (in general but also women).

doke
09-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Ok so I start to understand that RU probably does go systematic but in a much lesser amount than fin? Basically this is my last hope (at least until my 18th) so I'm very likely to try this anyway. Also, whenever I apply RU, females (esp pregnant onces) can absolutely NOT touch my hair, right? I thought this made sense because of the antial-androgen effects RU has.

I've heard people say it before: to make a topical work, it has to go systematic. Now I don't necessarily know if that is true, but it would make some sense. I just really hope that RU is safe but I guess it could have the same side effects as fin (in general but also women).

Wrong it does not have to go systemic only locally to the hair follicle and that's why ru was so good?

Illusion
09-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Wrong it does not have to go systemic only locally to the hair follicle and that's why ru was so good?

Yeah you're right. I was a bit confused when I typed it lol. But even if it does go systematic it's not really a problem because of its short half life. Finasteride will be in your body for weeks (at least), RU will be out within 1-2 days. At least, that's what I heard.

Still have a few questions regarding RU, but these are mainly towards RU users because it are mostly questions of "how to?".

- What dosage should I start? I know you ,hellouser, recommend to do 100mg/day, but maybe I can use less and still get the same results? If I start with 100mg immediately while I could get the same effect using 75mg (for example), than that would be a waste of RU. I was actually thinking of starting with 50mg/day but I'd like some input on this.

- I have pretty long hair (about 10cm) on top, does that change the way of applying? I know shorter hair is easier for applying RU (or any topical really) but I was planning on keeping this hairstyle. Dont know if this is going to give any problems though?

- When you go on holiday or are away from home for some time (let's say 4 weeks), do you premix your RU for all those weeks or do you take your powder with you? I'm not necessarily afraid of customs or anything, it's more the stability of the RU-powder that worries me. When you premix RU it stays ok for quite a while on room temperature, right?

- How long does it approx take before I can notice any change in shedding (if I respond well that is)? I've heard people say that it stopped shedding cold turkey for them, which isn't that unrealistic considering how RU works (I have a general idea on how it works now).

- Last question: what kind of pictures should I be taking? With this I mean if I should photograph the hairs from a very close distant too or just the regular crown and hairline pics. (for the record, I'm a NW2 with diffuse shedding in a NW5/NW6 pattern). When my RU arrives, I'll start a thread for you guys to be able to follow my 'journey'. I'll try to get as much quality pics as possible (I have a decent camera and I'm going to ask someone to take the pics for me so I can get the best angle).

A friend will be ordering my RU very soon so I'll be getting it before October I guess. I'd order it myself but I don't have paypal (too young). I would have bought more than 5g but I'd like to first 'try RU' to see if it isn't giving me any sides. I know it's not supposed to give me sides, but you never know. It's an experimental drug after all...

I would very much appreciate if any RU users/experts comment on my questions.

doke
09-18-2014, 08:20 AM
I think that 50mgs twice a day or 1.5 to 2mls is a good start for at least six months then increase if you need to but a 5% mix is good.
Although kanes ready mixed goes up to an 8% in 50mls which maybe good if you have severe stage of mpb.
Or some start with a higher dose then decrease it when you have the desired result, to be honest its trial and error due to our different hormones.:)

Illusion
09-18-2014, 08:37 AM
hehe true, it's a bit of trial and error. Why 50mg twice a day though? I thought once a day was fine?

Plan C
09-18-2014, 09:17 AM
In his original post, hellouser recommends that you apply RU straight after showering to maximise its efficacy. I was intending to do this with RU in Neogenic - is this wise? Isn't there a chance of systemic absorption?

Also, I'm currently using 100mg of RU in KB solution. Should I continue with this amount in Neo?

doke
09-18-2014, 09:59 AM
hehe true, it's a bit of trial and error. Why 50mg twice a day though? I thought once a day was fine?

The idea of twice a day is that your scalp gets spaced out dht constant over many hours like minoxidil 12 hours apart twice a day.
Your scalp during and after first application of ru may get more oily during the day mine does especially at the temples and on the crown.
I suppose its best if once a day is like I do 1.5mls at night after washing hair or wipe scalp with a wet cloth to dampen scalp to make sure you have no sebum there. Myself think its better to have a complete dry scalp to apply minox or ru but that's the way i do it.

Illusion
09-19-2014, 01:53 AM
The idea of twice a day is that your scalp gets spaced out dht constant over many hours like minoxidil 12 hours apart twice a day.
Your scalp during and after first application of ru may get more oily during the day mine does especially at the temples and on the crown.
I suppose its best if once a day is like I do 1.5mls at night after washing hair or wipe scalp with a wet cloth to dampen scalp to make sure you have no sebum there. Myself think its better to have a complete dry scalp to apply minox or ru but that's the way i do it.

Ah I see. I'm probably just going to apply RU right after showering though so I can get the best absorbation. I don't know how long it takes for the RU to get fully absorbed into your scalp so once I find out, I can decide if 2 times a day is convenient for me (and necessary, based on my results). Maybe even a dermaroller later on, but for now this will do.

Could you answer my questions regarding results (when did you notice that you were shedding less) and being away from home for a long time (what do you do then? Take your RU with you and mix everything on holiday / put your RU into KB solution / ???)

doke
09-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Ah I see. I'm probably just going to apply RU right after showering though so I can get the best absorbation. I don't know how long it takes for the RU to get fully absorbed into your scalp so once I find out, I can decide if 2 times a day is convenient for me (and necessary, based on my results). Maybe even a dermaroller later on, but for now this will do.

Could you answer my questions regarding results (when did you notice that you were shedding less) and being away from home for a long time (what do you do then? Take your RU with you and mix everything on holiday / put your RU into KB solution / ???)

To be honest its no good asking about other peoples results as you really need to try for yourself its like minoxidil some it works for and others it does nothing.
As to my hair loss I have now zero loss when washing hair which is good and going on holiday as I use ready mixed which is in a small bottle, as I do not fly anywhere im not sure with security at airports you can take the solution in the metal bottles.

Illusion
09-19-2014, 09:35 AM
To be honest its no good asking about other peoples results as you really need to try for yourself its like minoxidil some it works for and others it does nothing.
As to my hair loss I have now zero loss when washing hair which is good and going on holiday as I use ready mixed which is in a small bottle, as I do not fly anywhere im not sure with security at airports you can take the solution in the metal bottles.

Nice results. Does the premixed RU stay good for a few weeks on room temperature or no?

doke
09-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Anagenic say its good up to 6 months at room temp.

Illusion
09-20-2014, 06:06 AM
It stays good up to 6 months premixed in PG and alcohol? That's new to me...

diffuseloser
09-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Ordered my first batch of RU from Anageninc two weeks ago. Emailed them to see what's going on and it's stuck in customs. See email reply below for some interesting info on the RU. Apparently, this new stuff doesn't degrade as quickly as the older
batches of RU. Anyone else heard anything about this?

"please refer to our FAQ, our ru58841 won't drop in purity at all, for 1 year in room temperature, its structure is very stable. Old batches had to be kept cool, this problem has been resolved for ever with our ROS.

for more info please check our faq: www.anageninc.com/faq

Q) What is the shelf life of your research compounds?

A) Our unique ROS RU58841 is stable up to 1 year in solid form at room temperature in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. In the freezer it is stable for at least 2 years. Our unique RU solutions are stable up to 6 months in room temperature. Keep away from direct sunlight.“

doke
09-20-2014, 10:34 AM
That's why you should use kb solution as it keeps it stable?

diffuseloser
09-20-2014, 11:25 AM
The way I interpret this is that this new "ROS" RU in raw powder form, will remain stable for 1 year at room temperature and the premixed RU in KB solution for 6 months. It doesn't mean that KB solution is necessary to keep it stable. This is quite an achievement and I have no idea how they've managed to do this but it's positive for us as it basically elimates the need to store RU in fridge/freezer. Personally, I'll still be storing mine in the fridge for peace of mind. Perhaps Kane/Anageninc found it necessary to find a way to prolong the lifespan of useable RU due to issues with customs. I don't care either way as long as it works. I'll be mixing mine with a small amount of isopropyl to dissolve the RU and then dump it into minoxidil and see how it goes for a few months.

doke
09-21-2014, 05:32 AM
what I said kb solution has preservers in it im not sure about there ready mixed non kb though I think kb maybe what rousell used in the trials.
There was remember trials of the ru588412 myristate as well which was supposed to be better than non myristate ru?

diffuseloser
09-21-2014, 05:47 AM
I'm not 100% sure mate. I'm fairly new to all this and just trying to apply the knowledge gained on these forums. Gonna give it a go with minoxidil as I'm already having fairly decent maintenance with minoxidil alone, so putting some RU in the mix can't hurt. There's so many variables, it's overwhelming. I'll give KB solution a go in the next batch I order.

Boldy
10-09-2014, 09:05 PM
RU itself should be stable in ethanol. K&B was just designed to minimize sideffects if im not mistaken.

I have found a way to get rid of the most sides. I'm currently 2 weeks on about 0.9- 1.2% ru in a modified vehicle that should go less systematic. and experimenting with K&B with extra water.

I hope to maintain and get some thickening with this dose.

Hairismylife
10-12-2014, 01:55 AM
RU itself should be stable in ethanol. K&B was just designed to minimize sideffects if im not mistaken.

I have found a way to get rid of the most sides. I'm currently 2 weeks on about 0.9- 1.2% ru in a modified vehicle that should go less systematic. and experimenting with K&B with extra water.

I hope to maintain and get some thickening with this dose.

Isn't 0.9~1.2% a too low dosage to work?

Boldy
10-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Isn't 0.9~1.2% a too low dosage to work?

there are some cases on other forum where people have maintenance + bit thickening with 1% dose. for me it is too early to tell if it is working but I can tell that there is less sebum and no itching which is positive. I'm using ru only on the hairline though.

Hairismylife
10-12-2014, 10:29 PM
there are some cases on other forum where people have maintenance + bit thickening with 1% dose. for me it is too early to tell if it is working but I can tell that there is less sebum and no itching which is positive. I'm using ru only on the hairline though.

I know somebody use 10%,not necessary I think.
But I will start at 2%

Boldy
10-13-2014, 08:02 AM
i have been using 3 ml last couple days which is equal to about 30 mg or 3% without sides or problems. my vehicle is 50% ethanol, 25% water and 25% glycerin, so less ethanol than the average person is using.

if you have a 3-5 % solution and you have sides, what you can do is dilute it with water+ pg or glycerin.

Ru58841 has a pretty short halflife in the plasma (about 1 hour) which in can be even further reduced by taking P450 enzyme inducers. a good natural candidate which is St john's wort.

St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) has been one of the most commonly used herbal remedies for mood disorders [1], and is also well-known as a potent inducer of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A [2–5]. A great number of studies have demonstrated the potential reduction in drug efficacy due to the decrement of plasma drug concentrations during the period of concomitant use of St John's wort [6, 7].

it does exactly the opposite of grapefruit juce, which inhibit the p450 liver enzyemes.

we use topicals to directly target the receptors in the dermal papilla. the hair root is a great peneration pathway along with a good penetration enhancer which the most toppicals have (ethanol).

However depending on the vehicle, your skin type, sebum production and the molecule size, some % of the drug will go systematic and will cause an effect where you don't want it. often seen as side-effect. something we want as less as possible.

here is a study that shows that plasma drug clearance was achieved 50% faster with addition of st-johns wort.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13129991

A 2-fold decrease in the area under the curve for alprazolam plasma concentration vs time (P<.001) and a 2-fold increase in alprazolam clearance (P<.001) were observed following St John's wort administration. Alprazolam elimination half-life was shortened from a mean (SD) of 12.4 (3.9) hours to 6.0 (2.4) hours (P<.001). The mean (SD) urinary ratio of dextromethorphan to its metabolite was 0.006 (0.010) at baseline and 0.014 (0.025) after St John's wort administration (P =.26).

CONCLUSIONS:
A 14-day course of St John's wort administration significantly induced the activity of CYP 3A4 as measured by changes in alprazolam pharmacokinetics. This suggests that long-term administration of St John's wort may result in diminished clinical effectiveness or increased dosage requirements for all CYP 3A4 substrates, which represent at least 50% of all marketed medications.

t St. John’s wort
induced P-gp, a drug transporter protein.
Co-administration of St. John’s wort also
markedly induced human CYP3A4,
CYP2E1 and CYP2C19 whereas it had no
appreciable effect on CYP1A2, CYP2C9
and CYP2D6

Now I'm not 100% sure yet if ru is metabolized via cyp3a4, CYP2E1 and CYP2C19, but I will find out the coming weeks :)

Kudu
10-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for posting this Boldy, very interesting. Definitely something to read up on.

Kudu
10-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Guys, does kane accept paypal for RU? If not, how do you wire money via western union? I'm running out of time, I'll probably be a NW 4 within 6 months.

diffuseloser
10-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Isn't RU insoluble in water Boldy? Just got my latest batch of RU from Kane and it states this on the packing slip. Made up my solution this evening and it was dead easy as I don't have to worry about RU degrading anymore. Simply dumped all 5grams of RU in a measuring jug and covered it with just enough isopropyl. Then dumped in 60ml Kirkland minoxidil. Put the covered measuring jug in the sink and filled it with hot water. Dissolved completely in under an hour with some stirring and not a crystal in sight. Then just filled up an empty Kirkland bottle with the solution. I'm good to go for a month or more. Wish me luck.

diffuseloser
10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Kudu, Kane now accepting PayPal.

Boldy
10-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Isn't RU insoluble in water Boldy? Just got my latest batch of RU from Kane and it states this on the packing slip. Made up my solution this evening and it was dead easy as I don't have to worry about RU degrading anymore. Simply dumped all 5grams of RU in a measuring jug and covered it with just enough isopropyl. Then dumped in 60ml Kirkland minoxidil. Put the covered measuring jug in the sink and filled it with hot water. Dissolved completely in under an hour with some stirring and not a crystal in sight. Then just filled up an empty Kirkland bottle with the solution. I'm good to go for a month or more. Wish me luck.

No, at-least not here. when i go under the 35% ethanol the solution becomes cloudy.

Kudu
10-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Kudu, Kane now accepting PayPal.

Thanks man, so you order through PayPal without any issues? Just checking because I plan on ordering later today.

diffuseloser
10-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Well I had a problem with customs with my last order but all you gotta do is contact Kane and he will send you another batch out right away. RU is no longer a nightmare to prepare either. How many grams are you ordering and what vehicle are you planning to use buddy?

joely
10-14-2014, 02:13 PM

How would you store it?

diffuseloser
10-15-2014, 04:18 AM
I just put the bottled solution in a ziplock bag and in the fridge to avoid contamination of food products. May be a bit OTT but gives me peace of mind. I usually take the bottle out about one hour before application to allow the solution to warm to near room temperature as I don't think applying it when cold would give the best efficacy. Basic chemistry theory that the molecules penetrate better at a warmer temperature. Either that or fill the sink with warm water and put the sealed bottle in to get the molecules moving. Of course applying it to your head cold, it wouldn't be long warming up with your body heat but I feel better applying it at a warmer temperature. Then back into the fridge immediately after application.

joely
10-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks diffuse loser, one last thing if you don't mind, do you find it works well mixing it with minox? and what type of results are you getting\?

diffuseloser
10-15-2014, 08:36 AM
No worries mate. To be honest, this is the first time I'm giving RU a proper go. I dicked around too much before, so I can't base any results on something I didn't take seriously. I will keep you updated though because I'm giving it a proper run this time with no missed applications. The reason I'm using minoxidil as a vehicle is for two reasons. Firstly, I'm getting decent enough maintenance with minoxidil alone. I think the loss has hit a standstill. Second reason is that I work full time and I don't have time to be messing around with multiple applications of different solutions. So one application of minoxil/RU at night is what I'm going for right now. It dissolves perfectly in minoxidil with a little isopropyl to help it along. If you are having trouble just bathe the mixing container in hot water to help the process. As long as there are no RU crystals left in the solution, you're good.

diffuseloser
10-15-2014, 08:51 AM
I use isopropyl because we can't get hold of Everclear in the UK. If you're able to obtain Everclear, go with that.

joely
10-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Im in the UK aswell so wnt be able to get it either! how much isopropyl do you use

diffuseloser
10-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Don't really know for sure. I try to use as little isopropyl as possible. Just enough to saturate the RU powder pretty good. Off the top of my head, it was only around 10-15ml of isopropyl with 5 grams of RU powder. Just let it sit in there for a while and swish it about. You don't want it evaporating so add in your minoxidil pretty sharpish and continue swishing it about or stirring until fully dissolved.

abrorcasanova
11-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi, I am planning to start RU next month as soon as I move to UK and will certainly keep a blog and record all updates.

But I have a question and would appreciate an answer.

If I am sensitive towards ppg, what alternatives can I use to mix RU with? I could use KB solution obviously, but then when can I apply minoxidil (I am on it already, and the results aint that good)

Thank you.

kmit028
11-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi, I am planning to start RU next month as soon as I move to UK and will certainly keep a blog and record all updates.

But I have a question and would appreciate an answer.

If I am sensitive towards ppg, what alternatives can I use to mix RU with? I could use KB solution obviously, but then when can I apply minoxidil (I am on it already, and the results aint that good)

Thank you.

You can substitute PG with BG (Butylene Glycol). A lot of people recommend this approach
So instead of 70/30 Ethanol/PG, go 70/30 Ethanol/BG

Plan C
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm currently using 100mg RU in 3ml Neogenic ED. Would there be any advantage in using less Neogenic per application, perhaps 2ml or 1.5ml? Clearly the solution would be more concentrated, but since the amount of actual RU would remain the same, would there actually be any benefits of making this adjustment?

Swooping
12-01-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm currently using 100mg RU in 3ml Neogenic ED. Would there be any advantage in using less Neogenic per application, perhaps 2ml or 1.5ml? Clearly the solution would be more concentrated, but since the amount of actual RU would remain the same, would there actually be any benefits of making this adjustment?

Good question, something you have got to try yourself though. Perhaps 5% will work better for you, who knows.

Plan C
12-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I use isopropyl because we can't get hold of Everclear in the UK. If you're able to obtain Everclear, go with that.

I live in the UK too and want to start using RU in pg/ ethanol rather than in Neogenic. Do you think this stuff would be a better alternative to isopropyl? As you mentioned, everclear is probably ideal but we can't get it here.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-15105.aspx

Vincent777
12-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Breaking bald!

deuce
12-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Damn I wish I wasn't scared to take RU

FearTheLoss
12-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Ordered my first batch of RU from Anageninc two weeks ago. Emailed them to see what's going on and it's stuck in customs. See email reply below for some interesting info on the RU. Apparently, this new stuff doesn't degrade as quickly as the older
batches of RU. Anyone else heard anything about this?

"please refer to our FAQ, our ru58841 won't drop in purity at all, for 1 year in room temperature, its structure is very stable. Old batches had to be kept cool, this problem has been resolved for ever with our ROS.

for more info please check our faq: www.anageninc.com/faq

Q) What is the shelf life of your research compounds?

A) Our unique ROS RU58841 is stable up to 1 year in solid form at room temperature in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. In the freezer it is stable for at least 2 years. Our unique RU solutions are stable up to 6 months in room temperature. Keep away from direct sunlight.“

Where are you located? I'm worried about it coming into US customs. Has anyone got it in the states?

Illusion
12-05-2014, 09:34 AM
So I've read a lot about RU already. I've got my RU lying in my freezer already and have the proper ingredients (pg / ethanol) to make my vehicle.

What % (dosage) should I start? 5%?

Also, I'm going to visit another country next month for a 1 week and will be away for a full month later in 2015. I'm not able to take all my stuff with me to mix it there, so I have to premix it. I've heard many people say that RU is stable for a long time nowadays on room temperature, but i assume that's the premixed RU.

How long will RU that's dissolved in pg / ethanol be stable outside the fridge (room temperature)? And how long will it be stable inside the fridge?

If it's really unstable outside the fridge in pg/ethanol solution, I'll have to find a way to be able to mix all the stuff abroad (which is not going to be easy I guess)...

Swooping
12-06-2014, 07:48 AM
So I've read a lot about RU already. I've got my RU lying in my freezer already and have the proper ingredients (pg / ethanol) to make my vehicle.

What % (dosage) should I start? 5%?

Also, I'm going to visit another country next month for a 1 week and will be away for a full month later in 2015. I'm not able to take all my stuff with me to mix it there, so I have to premix it. I've heard many people say that RU is stable for a long time nowadays on room temperature, but i assume that's the premixed RU.

How long will RU that's dissolved in pg / ethanol be stable outside the fridge (room temperature)? And how long will it be stable inside the fridge?

If it's really unstable outside the fridge in pg/ethanol solution, I'll have to find a way to be able to mix all the stuff abroad (which is not going to be easy I guess)...

1 week it will be definitely stable, don't worry about that.

deuce
12-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Do you have to use ethanol in the vehicle or can you use something else?

Trouse5858
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
^ I'm wondering the same thing. I've already purchased my RU from Kane and it's been in my freezer for approx. two weeks now. Next step is just pulling the trigger on a vehicle to use. I've read Hellouser's post on his regimen (thanks btw) and the concentrations that he's been using the problem is I live in Massachusetts so I can't get my hands on Everclear. Does this eliminate pg/ ethanol as a potential vehicle?

Also, I've read a lot of people use Neogenic as a vehicle but I'm not exactly sure how that's mixed. KB is something I've heard about also but I couldn't find any information on it all using google. I'm sure these questions have been answered before in various places, but some of these threads are incredibly long and I don't really have the time to sift through all of the information. Any info would be tremendously appreciated.

goldnt
12-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Been using RU for more or less 11 Months. Started on January, Its great! Only thing bad about RU atleast for me, is that about at the 30 something day mark it goes bad. I believe its the constant opening and closing on the plastic to retrieve the ru. I guess it doesnt react too well to new air coming in. I know it doesnt work becuase my scalp will start to itch. So i make sure to have 2 at hand. I love RU but it seriously has to come down in price. For me its an extremely expensive expendeiture runnning at 2500+ a year.
Im a nw7 thinner, so i almost wet my whole scalp. Question is anyone's ru go bad after a while of usage? And yes i store in the freezer

hellouser
12-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Been using RU for more or less 11 Months. Started on January, Its great! Only thing bad about RU atleast for me, is that about at the 30 something day mark it goes bad. I believe its the constant opening and closing on the plastic to retrieve the ru. I guess it doesnt react too well to new air coming in. I know it doesnt work becuase my scalp will start to itch. So i make sure to have 2 at hand. I love RU but it seriously has to come down in price. For me its an extremely expensive expendeiture runnning at 2500+ a year.
Im a nw7 thinner, so i almost wet my whole scalp. Question is anyone's ru go bad after a while of usage? And yes i store in the freezer

Just make 10 day batches. Makes calculations easy too:

7ml of Ethanol/3ml of PG and however many hundred milligrams of RU.

Swooping
12-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Do you keep your RU mixed solution in the bathroom? Don't. It needs to be in a dark cool place away from light to prevent degradation. How in the hell do you manage to spend so much on RU, how much mg per day do you use?

Pelopeleon
12-07-2014, 11:54 AM
I would like to give a try to Ru mixed with minox, so I am looking for a good and cheap website to buy it.

Do you know this web? Is it better than anagenic or kaneshop? I have found it right now: http://www.aarc-chems.com/ru58841-raw-powder

What do you think it is the best shop for me? I have no paypal account, just a mastercard.

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Do you keep your RU mixed solution in the bathroom? Don't. It needs to be in a dark cool place away from light to prevent degradation. How in the hell do you manage to spend so much on RU, how much mg per day do you use?

it makes no difference

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 12:15 PM
^ I'm wondering the same thing. I've already purchased my RU from Kane and it's been in my freezer for approx. two weeks now. Next step is just pulling the trigger on a vehicle to use. I've read Hellouser's post on his regimen (thanks btw) and the concentrations that he's been using the problem is I live in Massachusetts so I can't get my hands on Everclear. Does this eliminate pg/ ethanol as a potential vehicle?Also, I've read a lot of people use Neogenic as a vehicle but I'm not exactly sure how that's mixed. KB is something I've heard about also but I couldn't find any information on it all using google. I'm sure these questions have been answered before in various places, but some of these threads are incredibly long and I don't really have the time to sift through all of the information. Any info would be tremendously appreciated.

i will post where u can get ethanol for real cheap , its located in on germany ebay

Illusion
12-07-2014, 12:33 PM
1 week it will be definitely stable, don't worry about that.

Even when being out of the fridge? Thanks for answering man

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Even when being out of the fridge? Thanks for answering man
Yes of course

Boldy
12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
i will post where u can get ethanol for real cheap , its located in on germany ebay

for the people who are interested in ethanol, someone posted this on other forum:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1L-Primasprit-Alkohol-Ethanol-Weingeist-96-6-vol-/330627830662?pt=Spirituosen&hash=item4cfaf45386

it is 96.6% ethanol for a very low price :)

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 01:00 PM
There is also a german site that sells something very similar to kb sokution

lmg7
12-07-2014, 02:11 PM
is there anybody who is using kb solution with good results ?

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 02:13 PM
is there anybody who is using kb solution with good results ?

Kb was used in the patent . It's good alternative for people who can't tolerate pg .

lmg7
12-07-2014, 02:23 PM
thanks...im thinking to give it a try

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 02:24 PM
thanks...im thinking to give it a try when I get home I will give u a link to purchase it cheap . Germans use it !!!

lmg7
12-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks again, I would really appreciate it

Illusion
12-07-2014, 05:12 PM
for the people who are interested in ethanol, someone posted this on other forum:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1L-Primasprit-Alkohol-Ethanol-Weingeist-96-6-vol-/330627830662?pt=Spirituosen&hash=item4cfaf45386

it is 96.6% ethanol for a very low price :)

That's cheap? That's the same price as in my local drug store... I've heard people buying it for like 8 euros a liter, but that's just anecdotal. Wouldn't know where they got it.

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 05:21 PM
That's cheap? That's the same price as in my local drug store... I've heard people buying it for like 8 euros a liter, but that's just anecdotal. Wouldn't know where they got it.

Is it 97%

Illusion
12-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Is it 97%

95%, so close enough

Edit: congrats on your 1000th post btw

goldnt
12-07-2014, 07:06 PM

Haha well since it usually goes bad around 30 days, I tend to buy new ru every month.

To get my whole scalp i use 3ml of ethanol and 1.0 glycerin. And 19mg of ru. I know its a lot but any less ru and it wont work well and any less eth or gly wouldnt provide enough coverage for my nw7 thinning. Now, if i shave my head,im sure id probably cover it whole with 1ml but since i have long hair its a bit harder.

I do daily batches. But i guess by the 20th mark ill do weekly batches? To avoid having the ru go bad?

goldnt
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Kb was used in the patent . It's good alternative for people who can't tolerate pg .

Whats the german site? I use Glycerin, its not as good as pg but it works well.

When i get on pg first 2 days my hair feels amazing then i get insane dandruff that my keto shampoo cant keep up with.

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Whats the german site? I use Glycerin, its not as good as pg but it works well.

When i get on pg first 2 days my hair feels amazing then i get insane dandruff that my keto shampoo cant keep up with.http://www.versandapo.de/en/9234/946384/BIFON-Haarloesung.htm

lmg7
12-07-2014, 08:52 PM
lilpauly
on another forum some guy is claiming tha he is using for a vehicle 50% ethanol, 25% glycerin and 25% water to decrease the sides.
could that be possible,using water for a batch?
he is also suggesting st john wort (supplement) for no sexual sides

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 08:56 PM
lilpauly
on another forum some guy is claiming tha he is using for a vehicle 50% ethanol, 25% glycerin and 25% water to decrease the sides.
could that be possible,using water for a batch?
he is also suggesting st john wort (supplement) for no sexual sides yes man it's possible . I would use st wort and im the german kb sokution , btw u might need to add a little ethanol to it . Glycerin is not great in my eyes .

Boldy
12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
That's cheap? That's the same as in my local drug store... I've heard people buying it for like 8 euros a liter, but that's just anecdotal. Wouldn't know where they got it.

That is cheap compared with 65-75 euro they charge here. Drinkable non denatured ethanol is heavily taxed in my country.

lmg7
12-07-2014, 09:22 PM
so what dossage would you suggest?and what do you mean with using st wort in kb solution,how is that possible?i was thinking taking st wort separately as a supplement

lilpauly
12-07-2014, 09:31 PM
so what dossage would you suggest?and what do you mean with using st wort in kb solution,how is that possible?i was thinking taking st wort separately as a supplement yes take it separate . I would start maybe at 2 % and move up to more then 5 % . Use the german kb first it can only disdolve 2 % if u add little erhanol it can dissolve 5,%

Swooping
12-10-2014, 05:37 AM
so what dossage would you suggest?and what do you mean with using st wort in kb solution,how is that possible?i was thinking taking st wort separately as a supplement

You can start off with RU very slowly. In monkeys it has shown to be effective at already a 0.5% dosage. The clinical trials were done with 5% though. Just start of low and assess your sides.

Amercancer
12-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Can I ask y RU isn't dissolving in bottle? I use minox and add ethanol hoping it will help dissolve it all, but still RU will be in bottom of bottle. What should I do?

diffuseloser
12-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Can I ask y RU isn't dissolving in bottle? I use minox and add ethanol hoping it will help dissolve it all, but still RU will be in bottom of bottle. What should I do?

Fill the sink with hot water. Let the bottle sit in there a while and shake it occasionally. When I say hot, I don't mean boiling. If you are using a glass bottle, you don't want it to crack and end up flushing your RU down the drain, literally.

In future, mix your RU in the ethanol before putting it into the minoxidil. Don't let it sit too long before doing this as you don't want it evaporating. Again, putting the container in hot water speeds the process immensely and if done right, there should be no visible RU particles. Nothing a little heat can't fix.

Amercancer
12-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I'm going to try that

Swooping
12-10-2014, 09:41 AM

What minoxidil? Kirkland? I never had problems dissolving it up to 6-7% (even without adding ethanol) in it. That said you need HARD SHAKING. Not some wussy shaking, hard shaking several times.
Also make sure your minoxidil or whatever vehicle you are using is on room temperature.

hellouser
12-10-2014, 10:10 AM
What minoxidil? Kirkland? I never had problems dissolving it up to 6-7% (even without adding ethanol) in it. That said you need HARD SHAKING. Not some wussy shaking, hard shaking several times.
Also make sure your minoxidil or whatever vehicle you are using is on room temperature.

Just leave it for an hour and it will dissolve on its own.

Amercancer
12-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Ok thanks. But far as the raw RU itself I always kept it in room temp. Is that ok?

Plan C
12-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Tried using RU in 50% ethanol, 50% PG today and noticed two things:
1. The solution takes much longer to dry than KB solution or Neogenic
2. The solution tastes a little sweet

Anybody else experienced this?

hellouser
12-10-2014, 01:47 PM

1) The reason why its taking longer to dry is due to the higher concentration of PG.
2) Why are you tasting it?

diffuseloser
12-10-2014, 02:28 PM

The solution tastes a little sweet? Please tell me you didn't ingest it.

Plan C
12-10-2014, 03:05 PM
The solution tastes a little sweet? Please tell me you didn't ingest it.

Tiny bit got on my finger and I licked it. Relax guys.

Swooping
12-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Ok thanks. But far as the raw RU itself I always kept it in room temp. Is that ok?

Yes, thats not a problem. Freezing it will prolong shelf-life though. Just make sure it's in a dark cool place.

Plan C
12-10-2014, 05:02 PM
1) The reason why its taking longer to dry is due to the higher concentration of PG.
2) Why are you tasting it?

Should I use less PG?

hellouser
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Should I use less PG?

Most guys use around 70%/30% mixture of Ethanol and PG, so yeah, you could use a little less... bear in mind more PG will also cause more itch and shedding.

Amercancer
12-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I just received my raw RU, should it be in freezer?

Amercancer
12-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Ok I got it, just confused from other users.

Plan C
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
My RU arrived today from Anagen and the first thing I noticed is that it doesn't smell of anything, whereas the RU I bought 7 months ago from them smells strongly of chemicals. Hope they're not reducing the potency of it.

lilpauly
12-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Some batches smell some don't

lilpauly
12-11-2014, 12:55 PM
the solvent causes the smell.

Swooping
12-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Indeed smell can differ due to other solvents used in the synthesis process, says nothing about purity. That said kane has been tested several times and is legit as hell don't worry.

inbrugge
12-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I just ordered a batch from Kane as well. I'm planning to switch from Topical Fin to Ru. I had initially tried Ru at a low dose (20 mg) and quit because I freaked out from the sides. But I'm getting the same sides on Topical Fin, which I'm now tolerating through, so I might as well tolerate through the sides on Ru.

What do you guys say about that? Good or Bad idea to switch from topical fin to Ru? Or keep using both? Should I ease of topical fin or cut cold turkey?

lilpauly
12-11-2014, 05:07 PM

I just ordered a batch from Kane as well. I'm planning to switch from Topical Fin to Ru. I had initially tried Ru at a low dose (20 mg) and quit because I freaked out from the sides. But I'm getting the same sides on Topical Fin, which I'm now tolerating through, so I might as well tolerate through the sides on Ru.

What do you guys say about that? Good or Bad idea to switch from topical fin to Ru? Or keep using both? Should I ease of topical fin or cut cold turkey? well gyno is serious side effect

inbrugge
12-11-2014, 05:15 PM
well gyno is serious side effect

well I wasn't on Ru long enough to see if Ru also gives it to me. Ru gave me problems downstairs and I quit immidieately instead of seeing how it would fold out.

For topical fin, I've been on it 5-6 weeks and downstairs is better than Ru but it does make my breast more puffy. I think my body is also very susceptible to it. However, when I lay off topical fin for 3-4 days it gets better so I know it's not permanent.

lilpauly
12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
well I wasn't on Ru long enough to see if Ru also gives it to me. Ru gave me problems downstairs and I quit immidieately instead of seeing how it would fold out.

For topical fin, I've been on it 5-6 weeks and downstairs is better than Ru but it does make my breast more puffy. I think my body is also very susceptible to it. However, when I lay off topical fin for 3-4 days it gets better so I know it's not permanent. for some people sides go away after a week or sometimes sides can develope as u get older . Many times Peopke tolerate fin for years then get sides . I have gyno presently from steroids and its really starting to hurt

Swooping
12-12-2014, 06:08 AM

What do you guys say about that? Good or Bad idea to switch from topical fin to Ru? Or keep using both? Should I ease of topical fin or cut cold turkey?

I would just trial & error if I were you and assess which one works better and which one brings more sides to the table. Then decide for yourself which one is more worth it. That is what I would do.

inbrugge
12-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I would just trial & error if I were you and assess which one works better and which one brings more sides to the table. Then decide for yourself which one is more worth it. That is what I would do.

I think I like the science behind Ru better than Fin. I think Ru is designed to bind to receptors where fin is designed to stop all conversion of 5-a? Thus, fin is designed to be systematic for it to be effective where Ru is designed to be localized. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Any thing I should consider if I want to make a compound mix of Minoxidil, Ru, Tretinoin, and etc.

2. What's the best vehicle? Eth+PG, KB, or Neogenic?

diffuseloser
12-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Hard to tell. It's all trial and error and what works for some may not necessarily work for others. All you can do is take your time with the prep, whatever vehicle you use. I've just about run out of RU but will be buying another 10g and continue using with Kirkland as it certainly hasn't hurt none. I use minoxidil anyway so it's convenient for me and I've been maintaining quite well. Good luck whatever you decide.

Swooping
12-13-2014, 09:01 AM
I think I like the science behind Ru better than Fin. I think Ru is designed to bind to receptors where fin is designed to stop all conversion of 5-a? Thus, fin is designed to be systematic for it to be effective where Ru is designed to be localized. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Any thing I should consider if I want to make a compound mix of Minoxidil, Ru, Tretinoin, and etc.

2. What's the best vehicle? Eth+PG, KB, or Neogenic?

Yes well it binds to the androgen receptors so it will prevent androgens from binding, including DHT. It doesn't mess with 5ar2. But you are correct where RU is designed to act locally, finasteride acts systematically. I think vehicles are indeed as said more of a trial & error what works best for you.

Boldy
12-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Yes well it binds to the androgen receptors so it will prevent androgens from binding, including DHT. It doesn't mess with 5ar2. But you are correct where RU is designed to act locally, finasteride acts systematically. I think vehicles are indeed as said more of a trial & error what works best for you.

swoop did you find any data that indicate the binding Time on the AR? I have not this far.

we know that it is about 1 hour in serum, and this can probably be reduced maybe to half with st johns or other p-glycoproteine abc transporters inducers.

Swooping
12-19-2014, 05:32 AM
swoop did you find any data that indicate the binding Time on the AR? I have not this far.

we know that it is about 1 hour in serum, and this can probably be reduced maybe to half with st johns or other p-glycoproteine abc transporters inducers.

No I never discovered how long RU58841 stays bound to the androgen receptor. But I suppose it would be close to 24 hours. I tried 2 time applications a day and didn't notice a difference.

ALM
12-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Hellouser,

Thanks for all the details regarding your RU mixture! Would you be so kind and provide us with your CB mixture details.

Boldy
12-20-2014, 09:53 PM
No I never discovered how long RU58841 stays bound to the androgen receptor. But I suppose it would be close to 24 hours. I tried 2 time applications a day and didn't notice a difference.

that could be a realistic thought looking to the itching that keeps away for at-least 1 day after an application.

Swooping
12-22-2014, 01:56 PM
that could be a realistic thought looking to the itching that keeps away for at-least 1 day after an application.

Yes btw I miss applications sometimes especially in the weekend and don't notice a decline whenever that happens. So more than 1x a day would definitely be overkill.

robodoc
12-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Yea binds for an hour but what else is affected physiologically? I say nothing good. Ask our fearless writer, Hellouser if it still works for him? I have asked but not heard from him. There are side effects to RU.

robodoc
12-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Go to Walmart, a drug store and buy Isopropyl Alcohol 91% and agitate your Ru in about 7-10 ml of it. It will dissolve in about 2 miutes then you can dilute with Minoxidil solution 5% to the concentration you are after.

Swooping
12-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Yea binds for an hour but what else is affected physiologically? I say nothing good. Ask our fearless writer, Hellouser if it still works for him? I have asked but not heard from him. There are side effects to RU.

There can definitely be sides to RU too, however it definitely seems less than finasteride (anecdotal)

flappytom
12-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Great topic :)

I have a queation. Howmany times a week is this used?

Illusion
12-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Great topic :)

I have a queation. Howmany times a week is this used?

Almost everybody that uses RU, uses 1 application each day.

Maybe there are a few people that use it twice a day or once in a few days, but you would need a very good reason to do so.

Illusion
12-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Guys, I need some help with mixing RU... everytime I way my RU on my scale, a lot of it just sticks to the platform I put it on... It also sticks to my measuring spoon. This way a lot of RU just gets wasted because it gets left behind. It's pretty hard to get all the RU that is stuck behind in my small bottle.

I've tried using tin foil, but it sticks as **** to tin foil too. Trying to put the RU directly from the bag into the apply bottle is not a very accurate way as a lot of RU will fall besides the opening of the bottle.

Any ideas on this? Do you guys experience the same problem? I don't think it's a purity problem either as it dissolves just fine in my ethanol/ pg solution.

Any thoughts on this?

flappytom
12-25-2014, 12:54 AM
Almost everybody that uses RU, uses 1 application each day.

Maybe there are a few people that use it twice a day or once in a few days, but you would need a very good reason to do so.

Plan C
01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I've been using RU in a 75% ethanol, 25% PG mix recently and after about 30 mins the area to which I apply the solution begins to visibly crack and flake. Is my scalp likely to adjust in the long-run or should I try a different vehicle?

inbrugge
01-02-2015, 10:12 AM
I recommend a new vehicle , bro, as I was using Minoxidil Liquid which has basically the same composition and it was making my scalp very itchy and flakey and it didn't reslly get any better so I switched back to Foam. You could try Neogenic or KB possibly.

Also, my gyno from topical fin seems to get better after 2 days of aromase inhibitor (DIM). I will use it for a couple more days, then get off it to see if it will come back.

Justinian
01-02-2015, 12:24 PM
I recommend a new vehicle , bro, as I was using Minoxidil Liquid which has basically the same composition and it was making my scalp very itchy and flakey and it didn't reslly get any better so I switched back to Foam. You could try Neogenic or KB possibly.

Also, my gyno from topical fin seems to get better after 2 days of aromase inhibitor (DIM). I will use it for a couple more days, then get off it to see if it will come back.

What topical fin are you using?

inbrugge
01-02-2015, 02:49 PM
What topical fin are you using?

I was using the one from Dr. Susan. You can read about it in Jazz1's thread 'Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.' But I don't think my sides are due to the source. My body is very sensitive to any anti-androgens including Saw Palmetto from my shampoo.

goldnt
01-07-2015, 08:31 AM

Hey man whats DIM? I used tamoxifen,unsurprisingly one of the main side effects from it is hairloss. I didn't lose much hair that day or the day after because i think Susans product took most of the hit but my scalped itched so bad. It wad unbearable for me. I have gyno but its still very small but i think its better i act now that wait till it gets bigger.