PDA

View Full Version : Laser Therapy

SI_DUDE
04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I am looking into laser therapy for hair loss, I am to understand the Laser Comb is not recommended, so I found this product, I do not know a lot about this for of treatment, but these devices are used in professional salons. I would think they would be out of business if they did not work. Was wondering if anybody had some experience with this product?

http://www.supergrowlasers.com/

Shan
04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
you should research FDA approved meds before ordering shit online

SI_DUDE
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
you should research FDA approved meds before ordering shit online

I have already had 3 transplants, spent 1 year on Mioxidil, and finastride, been at this for over a decade actually. I will never trust a surgeon again, what liars!

Shan
04-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I have already had 3 transplants, spent 1 year on Mioxidil, and finastride, been at this for over a decade actually. I will never trust a surgeon again, what liars!

what went wrong, meds or surgery

hellouser
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM

Well minox and 3 transplants are all better than laser therapy.... id call laser therapy a complete HOAX.

Get on RU/CB or Fin/Dut/Avodart.

SI_DUDE
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Well minox and 3 transplants are all better than laser therapy.... id call laser therapy a complete HOAX.

Thats intresting, I would think the manufaturers would be out of business if their were no truth to the laser treatment, how about this new product

http://www.latisse.com/

Shan
04-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Only FDA approved meds work

hellouser
04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Only FDA approved meds work

Completely false.

SI_DUDE
04-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Whats RU/CB

SI_DUDE
04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
what went wrong, meds or surgery

Long story short, I have scars that are visible, I need to keep my hair at a very specific length, meaning it can't be to short or to long, to short the scars show, to long it looks to sparse, thin, and frizzy.

I was not told the truth about shock loss, or further hair loss, or the amount of hair I would receive from the surgery that will actually grow. Doctors conceal a lot of facts because at the end of the day it's a business, and my Dr came highly recommend, he was said to be "the best" and he is a Christian to boot.

After three surgeryís and several years past since my last surgery I sent the doctors before and after photos he took and I basically have the same amount of hair on my head that I did the day I walked in his office for the first surgery. I asked him why I did not get the results patients with only 1 or 2 surgeries posted on his Web Site got, he said not all results are typical, and admitted the results were poor.

Meds affect my hormone levels and I would never compromise my health for hair.

hellouser
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Whats RU/CB

RU58841 is a compound that is used as a topical solution to stop AGA. Unfortunately it never went commercial and ultimately got scrapped. However many people (myself included) are able to purchase RU in raw powder form and dissolving it in ethanol alcohol and propylene glycol (same solution used to mix minoxidil, aka rogaine). RU's results can potentially be phenomenal but the greatest benefit from it is that side effects are far less frequent than Finasteride and far more mild thereby greatly reducing the chance of erectile dysfunction (i've yet to hear a single case of ED from RU58841).

CB is actually CB-03-01, a new compound still in clinical trials by Cosmo Pharmaceuticals which is 4X as effective as Finasteride with *zero* side effects (the goal of the new treatment was exactly that as Finasteride has castrated many men). It too is a topical solution like rogaine or RU, but outside of the lab working on it, noone knows what the vehicle is (solution used, ethanol/pg? oleyl/pg? dmi/dmso? etc.).

From the CB trials, hair density increased from 75 to around 109 grafts per cm2.

greatjob!
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Long story short, I have scars that are visible, I need to keep my hair at a very specific length, meaning it can't be to short or to long, to short the scars show, to long it looks to sparse, thin, and frizzy.

I was not told the truth about shock loss, or further hair loss, or the amount of hair I would receive from the surgery that will actually grow. Doctors conceal a lot of facts because at the end of the day it's a business, and my Dr came highly recommend, he was said to be "the best" and he is a Christian to boot.

After three surgery’s and several years past since my last surgery I sent the doctors before and after photos he took and I basically have the same amount of hair on my head that I did the day I walked in his office for the first surgery. I asked him why I did not get the results patients with only 1 or 2 surgeries posted on his Web Site got, he said not all results are typical, and admitted the results were poor.

Meds affect my hormone levels and I would never compromise my health for hair.

Who was your doctor? Also not sure what him being a "Christian" has do to with anything. Christians are just as prone to being terrible people as anyone else.

SI_DUDE
04-26-2013, 07:10 AM
RU58841 is a compound that is used as a topical solution to stop AGA. Unfortunately it never went commercial and ultimately got scrapped. However many people (myself included) are able to purchase RU in raw powder form and dissolving it in ethanol alcohol and propylene glycol (same solution used to mix minoxidil, aka rogaine). RU's results can potentially be phenomenal but the greatest benefit from it is that side effects are far less frequent than Finasteride and far more mild thereby greatly reducing the chance of erectile dysfunction (i've yet to hear a single case of ED from RU58841).

CB is actually CB-03-01, a new compound still in clinical trials by Cosmo Pharmaceuticals which is 4X as effective as Finasteride with *zero* side effects (the goal of the new treatment was exactly that as Finasteride has castrated many men). It too is a topical solution like rogaine or RU, but outside of the lab working on it, noone knows what the vehicle is (solution used, ethanol/pg? oleyl/pg? dmi/dmso? etc.).

From the CB trials, hair density increased from 75 to around 109 grafts per cm2.

So folks are already using RU\CB ? where do you buy the compounds?

hellouser
04-26-2013, 07:38 AM
So folks are already using RU\CB ? where do you buy the compounds?

http://www.thekaneshop.com/

You have to mix the compounds yourself though and on a regular basis, RU isn't stable for very long, maximum 2 months I would say, any longer and your risking its potency, so best to make 7 day batches when needed.

I'm not sure about CB.

Shan
04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Being prone to hair loss after a transplant is not the surgeons fault.
They usually recommend taking Fin.
Who was the surgeon?

Tracy C
04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
.... id call laser therapy a complete HOAX.

LLLT is neither a hoax or a scam but it does not work for everyone and it does not work for men as well as it does for women.

There is no good quality evidence that RU/CB are safe or effective. It's all largely here say and ridiculously poor quality "before/after" photos of guys who didnít even have MPB to begin with. I would love to see good quality before and after photos of guys who actually have MPB and saw at least reasonably good results from RU or CB. But there are none anywhere to be found.

hellouser
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
LLLT is neither a hoax or a scam but it does not work for everyone and it does not work for men as well as it does for women.

There is no good quality evidence that RU/CB are safe or effective. It's all largely here say and ridiculously poor quality "before/after" photos of guys who didnít even have MPB to begin with. I would love to see good quality before and after photos of guys who actually have MPB and saw at least reasonably good results from RU or CB. But there are none anywhere to be found.

Another complete lie.

IrishPride86 has results from RU that make Finasteride look like a joke. There's plenty of evidence supporting RU. You're just another FDA lacky.

SI_DUDE
04-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Being prone to hair loss after a transplant is not the surgeons fault.
They usually recommend taking Fin.
Who was the surgeon?

I was not told to take Fin, or Minox after surgery, only copper peptide shampoo, which cost quite a bit. I still say I either did not get the number of transplants I was supposed to get, they did not grow or more of my own hair fell out as a result of the surgery. Let’s face it you can’t count hairs so how do you even know you got any hair at all? All I know is I never gained any hair, every surgery just seemed to maintain what I had. The scaring is defiantly not a good thing, clearly on TV ads and any consolation you will get from a surgeon they will tell you the scaring is minimal, not so, not to mention the hair below the donor area is now stretched so far the hair is thinner, and I am no longer a candidate for additional surgery, traditional surgery that is. I suppose I could still have an FUE procedure, however they are more costly and the yield (post-Surgery) is less than a conventional surgery. I do not think it is appropriate to discuss the doctors name here if you want to mail me I will tell you who it was.

akai
04-26-2013, 12:22 PM

Has anyone ever posted RU before/after pictures?

PatientlyWaiting
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Another complete lie.

IrishPride86 has results from RU that make Finasteride look like a joke. There's plenty of evidence supporting RU. You're just another FDA lacky.

TBH, RU defenders will have to come up with something new other than IrishPride, because that is the only person I see people mentioning. The guy caught his hairloss so early that finasteride and minoxidil could have given him the same results for all we know.

Other RU users claim to just have slowed down hair loss, and some complain about sexual side effects...that is exactly what fin does in some cases.

I'm not bashing RU, i'm all for it if it actually works and when it becomes available for me to use, i'd try it, definitely. It's just that this "Irishpride" guy is all RU defenders have to hold on to when speaking of RU. The guy was a slightly thin NW2 in his worst times.

akai
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Just saw that IrishPride guy's pictures. Caught his hairloss extremely early.

hellouser
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM

Really? You might want to look at my log:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12390

Tracy C
05-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Another complete lie.

It is not a lie. Not in any way shape or form. None of that crap you guys keep shoving in my face is good quality evidence. Absolutely none of it. I would love to see good quality evidence - but thus far there is none.

Tracy C
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Really? You might want to look at my log:

Your log does not qualify as good quality evidence.

Tracy C
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Has anyone ever posted RU before/after pictures?

I would love to see good quality before and after pictures of guys who actually have MPB and resolved it with RU. I have seen lots and lots of poor quality "before and after" photos of guys who do not even have MPB but claim RU has worked miracles for them. Yet there poor quality before and after pictures look exactly the same.

hellouser
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Your log does not qualify as good quality evidence.

LOL, youre in such denial.

greatjob!
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I would love to see good quality before and after pictures of guys who actually have MPB and resolved it with RU. I have seen lots and lots of poor quality "before and after" photos of guys who do not even have MPB but claim RU has worked miracles for them. Yet there poor quality before and after pictures look exactly the same.

Did you look at is log of RU? I am beyond a skeptic and I am curious how you think his documentation does not qualify as good quality evidence. He clearly has MPB and has clearly improved his situation using RU

hellouser
05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Did you look at is log of RU? I am beyond a skeptic and I am curious how you think his documentation does not qualify as good quality evidence. He clearly has MPB and has clearly improved his situation using RU

Well truthfully its a combination of RU and Minox, but who cares about her. It clearly works and I'm benefiting from it, I couldn't give any less of a shit if she thought it wasnt 'good quality evidence'

CB is in my regimen as well so who knows what other improvements I'll be getting. If BNP-32 works for the guys experimenting with it now as it did for the people the small study, I'm going to give it a go on my temples and hairline and kick hair loss right in the fvcking ass. Won't need surgical treatment.

BNP-32 and CB, if they work as 'advertised' should be the final two options.

greatjob!
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Well truthfully its a combination of RU and Minox, but who cares about her. It clearly works and I'm benefiting from it, I couldn't give any less of a shit if she thought it wasnt 'good quality evidence'

CB is in my regimen as well so who knows what other improvements I'll be getting. If BNP-32 works for the guys experimenting with it now as it did for the people the small study, I'm going to give it a go on my temples and hairline and kick hair loss right in the fvcking ass. Won't need surgical treatment.

BNP-32 and CB, if they work as 'advertised' should be the final two options.
I appreciate your documentation man! Like I said I am a skeptic and up until now all I have seen is people posting "OMG x treatment regrew all my hair" with no documentation, but your hair looks a lot better. I have already had a transplant on my frontal half so if these treatments could improve my crown at all I would be on cloud nine. Please keep us updated on your progress with the new treatments.

hellouser
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I appreciate your documentation man! Like I said I am a skeptic and up until now all I have seen is people posting "OMG x treatment regrew all my hair" with no documentation, but your hair looks a lot better. I have already had a transplant on my frontal half so if these treatments could improve my crown at all I would be on cloud nine. Please keep us updated on your progress with the new treatments.

I'll be keeping everyone updated with BNP-32. If not myself, someone else will chirp and give details. Thats definitely the most exciting thing going on right now, potentially far better than any current treatment and even all combined.

Tracy C
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
I am beyond a skeptic and I am curious how you think his documentation does not qualify as good quality evidence.

Anyone who knows anything about good quality research can and will tell you that one example does not qualify as good quality evidence, especially when provided by a complete novice with no controls present.

Good quality evidence will involve a lot more than one individual as the subject. There would be a specific way the photographic evidence needs to be taken and presented and there are controls and qualifiers that need to be in place. None of the things that are necessary to qualify as good quality evidence are present in his log. Lastly, his log provides absolutely no evidence of the safety of RU. There is absolutely nothing about his log that could be considered as good quality evidence.

I know you guys don't want to believe that I actually do want to see good quality evidence on the safety and efficacy of RU - but I actually do. To this date, I haven't seen any at all. All the crap you guys keep throwing at me is garbage at best.

Tracy C
05-02-2013, 09:17 AM
LOL, youre in such denial.

It is absolutely not denial. I want to see evidence that it works. You are the one in denial. You are the one with your head in the sand on this, not me.

greatjob!
05-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Anyone who knows anything about good quality research can and will tell you that one example does not qualify as good quality evidence, especially when provided by a complete novice with no controls present.

Good quality evidence will involve a lot more than one individual as the subject. There would be a specific way the photographic evidence needs to be taken and presented and there are controls and qualifiers that need to be in place. None of the things that are necessary to qualify as good quality evidence are present in his log. Lastly, his log provides absolutely no evidence of the safety of RU. There is absolutely nothing about his log that could be considered as good quality evidence.

I know you guys don't want to believe that I actually do want to see good quality evidence on the safety and efficacy of RU - but I actually do. To this date, I haven't seen any at all. All the crap you guys keep throwing at me is garbage at best.

Thanks for the education Tracy but I know what good evidence is, I'm a grad student in molecular biology and bacteriology. I more than understand how to conduct research. But you can't possibly expect normal people on a forum to spend thousands of dollars conducting clinical research, lol. So in place of that with these treatments I am more than willing to see forum members personal results and then make my own inferences from their results. Your bar for evidence for these treatments is far to high for what is being conducted, I would suggest that you leave these topics alone then since outside of FDA approval you will never be satisfied.

Tracy C
05-02-2013, 09:28 PM
But you can't possibly expect normal people on a forum to spend thousands of dollars conducting clinical research...

I don't. I am simply pointing out that when I ask for good quality evidence I get garbage like that. All I am asking for is good quality evidence. That is a very reasonable request. The fight you guys are putting up against that very reasonable request is insane. The fact that you guys flock to RU without good quality evidence of safety is even more insane, let alone the lack of good quality evidence of efficacy.

I would suggest that you leave these topics alone then since outside of FDA approval you will never be satisfied.

That last statement is absolutely not true and you are completely out of line to tell me to go away. It is so wrongful for you to do so.