View Full Version : Recommendations

04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey guys! I am looking for recommendations on a surgeon in or around vancouver. I have been looking at the "hair transplant centre" in vancouver. Has anyone had any experience with them? They do not offer the fue procedure however which is what I am more drawn to. I like the idea of this place as its more affordable and it is at the university.

A little about me: I am 28 not on any meds and started experiencing hair loss starting around 17. I have to take a loan out for this procedure and need to keep the cost as low as possible but I also don't want a back alley abortion of my scalp.

04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
I researched this a little bit more. Looks like the dr is dr Jerry Shapiro at the vancouver clinic. I've read quite a few terrible reviews about him. Not specifically about transplants he has performed but just his bedside manner. From what I can tell Hassan and Wong are good surgeons but they are really expensive and I just can't afford a 17 thousand dollar loan for this. Anyone?

04-18-2013, 07:40 AM
What about Hasson & Wong. Based on everything I've read on this forum, as well as my own research, they appear to be one of the top 5 HT surgeons in the world.