View Full Version : Just started Minoxidil 5% 2months ago

04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
At the age of 48. I am receeding at front and it is starting to move back towards crown area but nothing gone at crown yet. I have been able to disguise my front until a couple of years ago so can't complain to much. But still hated losing my hair especially when it is windy or hair gets wet. When i started on the min 5% i also took the plunge and clippered my hair to a 1 all over.! I have noticed lots of fine hairs coming but also the top that had hair seems a bit thinner but then again i am keeping my hair really short.The weirdest thing is that everyone says they really like the short cut and i was paranoid about going out with it at first but it is so much easier not playing with my hair , worrying about wind etc. I am hoping i get some regrowth but think even if i do i will keep the short cut now no matter what .I have had a bit of itchy scalp but nothing major. I know how depressing hair loss is especially when you are young but one thing i wish i had done earlier ,when my hair was still a bit thicker, was buzz cut it so i could see what it looked like. That way it will still grow back but if u get a good response it will also ease worries you have about your look. Hope that makes sense.

06-16-2013, 01:33 AM
Strong hairs growing now. Started as fine but now maturing into stronger ones. 2 areas have def regrown hair in places it had completely gone. If i had started at a younger age i think the results would have been alot better. I was a non believer but if people can persist it will help.

Breaking Bald
06-16-2013, 05:22 AM
When did you start noticing reults?? I've been on it 4 months now and have not noticed any major changes. Are you applying it twice a day?

06-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I started applying in Feb after i cut my hair off.and noticed in april very fine hairs but in last month have noticed the last areas to receed have started to fill in! As i said im 48 and never used the stuff as it made my hair greasy at front and i was worried about shedding. It is definately regrowing hair and the fine ones are more mature looking , the next couple of months will be interesting . I tried Procepia but stopped after 3 weeks didnt like the effects as someone else on here described their dick went small and rubbery. I had same and it freaked me a bit so i stopped.That was in may and im feeling ok again now.im not saying i have thick hair again but def some results i wish i had done it few years back when less hair had gone.

06-16-2013, 03:06 PM
And yeah twice a day morning and before bed. I also use caffine shampoo each morning

06-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Good to hear you are getting results. I too wish I would have started earlier. I would probably have a lot more hair. I am on my 5th week on minoxidil, and I haven't noticed any hair growth. It does appear that I am losing alot less hair then I was before.

06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Good stuff - keep on with the reg as due to hair growth the real benefits will be seen at 8-12 months - keep us informed :cool: