View Full Version : African American Female Hair Loss - Considering a Hair Transplant

07-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I am a 44 yr old African American female. I have researched several doctors and institutions that claim they can help me but after viewing the work they have done on others I am skeptical. I have been balding on the sides of my temples for about ten years now. It has [...]

More... (http://hairloss.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/traction-alopecia-hair-transplant/)

Dr. Glenn Charles
07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Until you feel comfortable, keep looking around. You should not have the procedure until you feel completely ready. I know myself and I am sure several other doctors would be glad to give their opinion if you downloaded some photos. Have you seen a doctor about your hair loss? Have you had a blood work up to rule out causes other than genetic? Are there any other females in your family tree with the same problems? The answers to these questions and a few others, may help to analyze your situation and provide you with some options for treatments and preventative measures. Good luck to you.