View Full Version : Generic propecia

01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Been on Propecia for a while now and its done wonders in maintaining the hair that I have. I had some times where there was a shed and it made me nervous but the hair eventually came back thicker and stronger. I went to my pharmacist last week to get another 30 days of my Propecia and he said that the generic version may be available the next time I come in.

What are the concerns with switching over to the generic version? Do I risk anything? The lower cost for the generic is very tempting because its a costly drug to be on.

Thanks for any suggestions.......

01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
No concerns, it's the same stuff. I use generic Proscar, no probs!

01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
any regrowth with the propecia, or just maintaining? how long have you been on it? any sides?

these q's go to both of the posters.

01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Well, it's a pretty big change. Your tablets will no longer say "Propecia" on them. I would take a few days off of work to adjust accordingly. Some people just can't handle changes very well.

01-25-2013, 03:08 AM
I take generic finasteride - Finpecia. Non issue in my opinion.:cool:

01-27-2013, 05:14 AM
It's maintained my hair, not sure about regrowth though.

01-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Any weening period from Finnisteride to Proscar or should one just make the switch and continue as normal. I have been on generic proscar for 2 months, decided to move to the non generic brand as the price difference is marginal.

01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Also forgot to mention, does one need to take the pill daily? I have heard that taking the pill every other days works the same. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on this?

03-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I went and refilled my prescription today and got the generic. I am on my second time using propecia with great results. I am going to use the generic and see what effect it has. I definitely welcome the lower price, I just hope that things continue as they have been.

03-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Generics in the US are regulated to be the same exact thing there is no difference at all except you save money. Its not like importing a generic from india or something.
Lets keep in mind merk price gouged everyone for many years so the generics bring prices back to reasonable range.

11-17-2013, 08:00 PM

I read some of your posts and it sounds like you had a wide donor scar grafted. Would love to chat with you/see results.

I dont know how to message you direct.

Would love to hear from you!!