View Full Version : Hair Transplant Documentary Pilot Tape

11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
I was looking over Spex's website earlier, and noticed this is now displayed on the front page.

It appears to be a pilot tape for a Hair Transplant Documentary.

It involves Spex, Jotronic & Spencer Kobren, and I must say it is very good.

11-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi Chris,

The UK production company behind the pilot, "Thumbs Up " are pitching the idea to UK broadcasters and currently in discussions with BBC3
with regards to getting this made into a bigger piece.

Thumbs up also showed Morgan Spurlock the video ( which is how this idea all came about ) and he thought it was awesome and tweeted
about it the other day. Morgan just got the gig to direct the new One Direction 3D documentary off Simon Cowell. Unfortunately none of
those boys need our help...yet

Morgan mentioned to Thumbs up that once the dust settles for him he would be interested in discussing the potential of making something
surrounding this pilot if its not already been picked up, so fingers crossed!

Follicle Death Row
11-16-2012, 06:58 AM
This is great. Hopefully this gets picked up as it would go along way towards removing the stigma of hairloss and hair restoration.

11-16-2012, 07:17 PM
That's really cool that Morgan Spurlock is turned onto it. Maybe he can do a documentary and uncover why we don't have the appropriate treatments to STOP hair loss cold.

11-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the comments guys - Lets hope it gets picked up but like most of these things it takes time and a lot of luck! :cool:

Highlander, i'll take that as a compliment, cheers :)

11-17-2012, 08:40 AM
"Solid facial aesthetics", you got the highlander seal of approval Spex! Must make you all warm and fuzzy inside.:)

So is that the "compound"? Wow, the entrance is expressive! What was it like being there with Kobren? What's the compound like inside? The video was very well done by the way I hope it turns into something that can get some attention for all of us. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

11-17-2012, 09:44 AM
I wonder how we can help to push Murlock into actually doing this.

11-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Let's start an e-petition? Couldn't hurt.

11-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the comments. :cool:

Breaking Bald
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the comments. :cool:

Awesome job guys, really informative. I hope this falls through :)

11-18-2012, 10:26 PM
I think that Spencer looks amazing for as old as he is! I hope this gets the recognition it deserves!

11-19-2012, 04:24 AM
I think Spencer Kobren's hair looks great and for 47 years of age, it is even more impressive.

Very nice pad as well.

The bottom floor is bigger than my entire house :D

11-19-2012, 07:56 AM
First of all it this "Thumbs Up " production is VERY WELL DONE.
I was very impressed from beginning to end.
I cant wait for my wife to view this later today.
Spex & Joe , our 'community' of hair loss sufferers really appreciate all that you have done to promote an EVOLVING alternative to dealing with the constant heartbreak of baldness.

Also, I never knew that the site 'Hair Transplant Mentor' existed until viewing this video ('chrisday' THANKS for posting)
Having a mentor in re to HTs is a great idea for one considering having it done (like ME).
I only wish I were a member of your 'HTM' promotional team right now (Jotronic/Spex/Artista??-lol).
Preparing for each and every day, when i look into the mirror I'm saddened by varied degrees.

Of course I cant forget Spencer here. Thank you too Spencer for agreeing to be involved with Joe , Spex and this 'Thumbs Up' project.
You add a lot to its validity!!!

11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Cheers. It was great to meet Jotronic and Spencer Kobren in person and hang out with them after all these years. :cool:

Fingers crossed we can all help develop this project further onto a more mainstream platform.

01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Added the pilot video again as original video not working.

01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
So how did Jotronic go from NW7 to a seemingly dense NW2, even after previously botched HT's?

And Spex, are you homosex or just very eccentric?

I don't think he's a dense NW2. I'd say he's a 2.5-3 with enough coverage to give the illusion of dense hair. That's what great transplant surgeons can do.

There is hope for you Highlander!

Follicle Death Row
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Jotronic is a nw2 I'd say. Restored from a nw6 verging on nw6.5. He had two stacked strip scars from pre H&W surgeries. Dr. Wong did an amazing job and for sure the mutant laxity helped greatly. Joe still has more donor available. Something like 1500-2000 strip he said I think, plus another 1000 or so from FUE. Crazy!

Get working on the scalp exercises gents.

01-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't say Joetronic is a dense lower Norwood like someone that has never lost any hair in his life but his hair looks fantastic.

I am interested to see what your hair loss is like and what you actually look like as you are very critical of yourself.

Have you got any pics you can post?