View Full Version : Animation describing Dr. Feller's unique FUE method

Dr. Feller
05-23-2009, 06:56 AM
There are several ways to perform FUE, but I have found this particular method to be the best for me. It's easy to learn and perform and reduces the level of trauma to the graft better than any other FUE technique that I am aware of. I invite all doctors and patients to view the animation and then to view the video clip of this technique being used on an actual patient.

When you look at the animation or the actual surgery, here's what's happening.
Our motorized FUE instrument with propriatery punch design (available to any doctor) is used to cut or "score" down about 75% the length of the graft. Then the instrument is removed and a fine forcepts is used to grasp the partially freed graft and to pull it up gently. It can't be pulled out completely because the bottom part of the graft is still afixed to the deep layer of skin. Intead of simply squeezing the graft harder and then pulling the graft free violently to break the remaining tissue, we simply insert a thin needle down and poke holes in the tissue while it is "tented". This way we use almost no extra traction force on the graft to break it free.

Imagine grabing a plastic shopping bag and trying to rip it apart with your hands. It's pretty tough. But now try and do the same thing, but this time ask someone to poke a few holes in the bag while you have the bag under slight tension between your hands. The bag will instantly rip apart at the point where the perforations were made with FAR greater ease. That's the concept at work here.

Click to see technique and tools used on actual patient:

05-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Dr. Feller,

Is this FUE Method new? How does it compare to the other methods?

Also, is your office new NYC? We are looking for the best surgeon in the NYC area.

Dr. Feller
06-06-2009, 07:29 PM
This method is not new.

In fact, it's the first FUE method to be posted on the internet in video form back in 2002. The only thing new about it is the use of my motorized FUE tool.

This method minimizes the trauma to the FUE graft better than any other technique that I am aware of because it reduces the three detrimental forces of FUE: Torsion, Traction, Compression.

Other methods APPEAR to allow for the removal of intact grafts, but often those grafts are crushed or stretched to death in the process. This explains the consistently lower yields of FUE compared to its strip counterparts.

My office is near to NYC, but there are several good FUE doctors around the world so you should do your research and find one closest to you.

Dr. F

09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Dr feller, Where can I buy your motorized FUE instrument?

Damian Betanzos From Mexico

Dr. Feller
09-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Damian Betanzos,
Thank you for your inquiry.
The phone number for Advanced FUE instruments located in Florida is 772-781-0500.
You can place your order with them and get any other information you may need.
Thank you,
Dr. Feller