X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JMay83
    • Apr 2009

Wanting to quit Rogaine Foam

Hey everyone,

I've been using Rogaine Foam for the past two and a half months or so, but starting last month, I began using propecia.. Since from all I've heard is that Propecia is alot more effective, do you think it would be okay for me to quit using Rogaine? Am I too early in the process for the Rogaine to really have done any good just yet? Basically I'm afraid of going through a really bad shed. Thanks!
  • Speegs
    • Mar 2009

Some people like to use both, that can get expensive. Propecia is a maintaining tool, so is rogaine. I've never used rogaine myself but its up to you if you decide to quit using it or not. I don't think you've given it enough time to have much effect on you so if you chose to only use propecia I don't think you'd see much of a difference.

Keep in mind that propecia will likely slow or halt hairloss in the crown an mid scalp but probably do little for your frontal scalp, it may slow that loss down to but doesn't seem to stop frontal hairloss completely.

Comment

• JMay83
      • Apr 2009

I've shed a lot of hair in the crown since I started taking this rogaine and I guess I'm just afraid that hair wont ever grow back if I don't keep using rogaine

Comment

• Someguy
        • Apr 2009

JMay is shedding and not growing back a risk for some people who use Rogaine?

Comment

• JMay83
          • Apr 2009

From what I've read and been told.. the hair you shed from Rogaine should grow back unless those hairs were very Miniaturized and maybe weeks away from falling out anyways. I quit Rogaine foam three weeks ago (after using it for three months or so. I started taking Propecia seeing as that was probably the better option for me at this point), and I haven't noticed any excess shedding beyond the norm. I think it all depends on whether or not your miniaturized hair have become dependent on the rogaine or not. Probably after the short amount of time that I did use rogaine, my hair had not become dependent on it yet. I think people that see excess shedding after quitting Rogaine are people who have been using Rogaine for quite a while. Are you thinking about quitting Rogaine?

Comment

Working...