Does Saw Palmetto Cause Hair Shedding?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StuckInARut
    • Aug 2012

I am gonna have a look over the thread you mentioned. As of right now I am not discontinuing anything I take presently for my hair maintenance but am gonna need to consider if this continues. I am inclined to tough it out though and see if things get better. I don't use any Minoxidil or Propecia, just daily vitamins and Saw palmetto. I also use a Ketoconazole shampoo every four days. I alternate between Nizoral and Regenepure.

Comment

• darelg
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gutted

you should check out the thread on msm/vitc, it will help you out massively.
      Is this the thread???

So ive been noticing some things over the past 1/2 years in relation to my hairloss through some trial and error. It seems im the only person who has noticed any benefits from trx2. And i think i know why. There are only around 8 people using trx2 in the trx2 thread, no one has trueley used it alone or in combination with the

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by darelg
        yes thats the thread

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by StuckInARut
          I am gonna have a look over the thread you mentioned. As of right now I am not discontinuing anything I take presently for my hair maintenance but am gonna need to consider if this continues. I am inclined to tough it out though and see if things get better. I don't use any Minoxidil or Propecia, just daily vitamins and Saw palmetto. I also use a Ketoconazole shampoo every four days. I alternate between Nizoral and Regenepure.
          good luck keep the thread updated.

Comment

• StuckInARut
            • Aug 2012

Lost more hair tonight but not nearly as much as the past few days, however, I am shedding really thick supposedly healthy looking hairs. All I know is at the beginning of this regimen I did experience mild sides for about 2 weeks but they subsided completely and now a shed so hopefully it is a sign that something is working right. I will keep this thread updated.

Comment

• darelg
              • Sep 2012

i hate all this shit.

i'm going to have to max my credit card out and get a hair transplant.

Comment

• StuckInARut
                • Aug 2012

Thought I'd bump this thread up since I did say I would keep it updated. Things aren't looking very good on the hair front. I've been on this regimen all these months since September 2012 and unfortunately my hair has steadily gotten worse over this time. I am very thinned out on top and lost a lot of density. My scalp is clearly visible luckily it is winter time so I am able to cover it up with a beanie for the time being whenever I go out. Can't and won't recommend this for anyone as it has not shown any encouraging results. I will discontinue the Saw Palmetto shortly, just gonna reduce the dosage over the next few weeks so it's not such a huge shock to my system.

Comment

• darelg
                  • Sep 2012

noticing very slight hair regrowth/thickening

Comment

• StuckInARut
                    • Aug 2012

How long have you been taking Saw Palmetto for darelg?

Comment

• Thinking1
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by gutted
                      youve been taught wrong.
                      with androgen blockers you should not be shedding, if it causes a shed it suggests some other forces are at work.

the only "good shed" you will notice is the one you get from minoxidil.
                      Shedding should be practically non existant with any sort of androgen blocker.
                      Why do some people who start Nizoral have a shed then?

Comment

• StuckInARut
                        • Aug 2012

Gutted was always going on about hyperandrogenicity. Anybody using a DHT blocker must have been experiencing it in his opinion...

Comment

• Jazz1
                          • Aug 2012

Saw palmetto is bullshit!!!

Ok iv been doing fine on propecia Merck brand for 2 years i take it EOD, last month i decided to add a saw palmetto life extension the days i don't use propecia. Anyways after couple days i started to get the nasty tingly itch feeling i had before taking propecia so i stopped the saw palmetto and it went. So I then ordered hairomega, same case the itch etc come back along with hairloss so i ditched those. So i had some vitamins with saw palmetto and tried those, same scenario so now iv ditched every saw palmetto supplement, I read online others had same experience it caused high libido and hairloss etc. what could be the reason with saw palmetto, does it cause rise in DHT? Propecia never gave me shed its always instantly stopped the nasty itch, tingle and hairloss.

Comment

Working...