X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prometheus
    • Aug 2012

Update on Hair Situation

My original post can be seen here:

Hello, I am twenty-five. I've been growing out my hair long, and I have recently noticed my part, the line that divides sections of hair-flow on the scalp. I think it might be widening (showing more of the scalp), but I have nothing to compare it to... And I am not sure if its in the normal range of things. Just wanted to have

I've since had a haircut, and I have briefly mentioned the fact of the hair loss to medical professionals. Last time, I was in a walk-in clinic, but I felt that the communication went poorly, given that I was unable to find the problem areas in such a short consultation and without a mirror to aid me. Nothing much came up of it, and I will probably have to rebroach the hair loss at a later date.

I also forgot to mention that I am on lithium, and I have had some issues with my thyroid as well--I even went on a thyroid pill for a bit. I am getting my thyroid levels checked again... I cannot really pin this one down, and hair loss is not really that common in the family, some on my mothers side, I think.

Here are the latest images. So far, I am able to hide the problems areas, as I figure that I am only in the early stages of something. I'm hoping that any issues with the thyroid might clear everything up for me! No bets, of course.
    Attached Files
Working...