Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairysituation
    • Feb 2012

Has anyone hair tried this approach?

Hello! I strongly believe that the future treatments are many years from market, and it's dangerous to wait until something comes up. Therefore, I was try to figure out what the best approuch is TODAY.

We all know that a transplant is very limited because of the donor area, so to restore a full head of hair safely is unrealistic. Also, it will look very thin.
    BUT, if you only did zone 1 and zone 2 with at a very high density, and thereafter wore a hair piece behind it, I really believe you will have the best results.

A wig can look very good, but the hairline and the temple points is what can give the hair piece away. So therefore, you combine the best of both worlds.

Has anyone tried this approch here?
  • Thinking
    • Aug 2012

Wouldn't wear a wig if I was fully balded. Always thinking that other notice and worrying when it might fall off. Juck.

Comment

• hairysituation
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Thinking
      Wouldn't wear a wig if I was fully balded. Always thinking that other notice and worrying when it might fall off. Juck.
      Well I didn't ask: "would somebody here like to try a wig?"

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

hairy,

Yes, I have seen several men with advanced classes of hairloss use a combination of HT surgery in the frontal third area and wear a partial system in the crown area. Ted Danson used this appraoch all through the filming of the hit comedy series "Cheers". In fact in one of the segments, he removes his partial and shows it to Carla, the bar waitress!

And you are correct, it's the area of high visual impact (the front) that really matters and where others view us from the most. Saving and dedicating donor in higher density levels can produce a very nice restored look utilizing a partial with it. There are more individuals doing this approach and we are not aware of it because it can potentially look very natural especially with a naturally restored hairline and temple areas as you pointed out.

Just be careful as to not make the frontal third "too dense" as that can cause eye drift as well. That's one of the fundamental issues with complete hair systems, they can appear way too dense.

You want to be sure that the transplant area and the system have similiar density levels. That way there is no "transcending areas" causing further eye drift.

Best wishes to you and let us know how it works out if you do pursue that avenue.
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Frankenstein
          • Aug 2012

What gives a hair piece away is the sides and back. I tried one, it looked great until the first couple washings then you could see the color difference from the native hair to the wig.

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Frankenstein
            What gives a hair piece away is the sides and back. I tried one, it looked great until the first couple washings then you could see the color difference from the native hair to the wig.
            You may have noticed that in brighter light such as sunlight. But normally that should not happen with upper end quality hair systems.

Some of these retailers pre-color the hair before you get the system. That's one of the typical schemes I hear about. The best quality ones will match the clients hair texture "and color" that is natural, not pre-colored. There is little to no fading but systems also need to be replaced as they lose their natural luster over time.
            "Gillenator"
            Independent Patient Advocate
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• blowmeup
              • Nov 2008

I've considered this approach. I think it's a good one. I have a neighbor who I always thought had a great head of hair recently tell me about his combination hair transplant hair piece situation at a dinner party of all places. He looks amazing, I was really impressed that he "fooled" me for all of these years.

Comment

• Folly
                • Nov 2011

I remember when i lost about 2% of my hairline when i was 27 and i panicked and went to a hair system place in London. The guy showed me a lace hair system that was glued to his head and i couldn't believe how realistic and lightweight it was. I rubbed my finger along his scalp and could barely feel the system. He said it had to be glued down to get the most subtle edge. After having one failed FUE transplant, this option really tempts me when i have further loss.

Do you guys know if it's really bad for your native hair underneath, by gluing down a hair piece at the top ? He said the top of the scalp must be shaved and it actually strengthens the hair by constantly shaving it every week or so. I'm guessing only the hair on the perimeter of the lace system is affected, as the hair in the middle breathes through the lace. Any info. on this ? My guess is that it's not great for the native hair, but not catastrophic either.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Folly
                  I remember when i lost about 2% of my hairline when i was 27 and i panicked and went to a hair system place in London. The guy showed me a lace hair system that was glued to his head and i couldn't believe how realistic and lightweight it was. I rubbed my finger along his scalp and could barely feel the system. He said it had to be glued down to get the most subtle edge. After having one failed FUE transplant, this option really tempts me when i have further loss.

Do you guys know if it's really bad for your native hair underneath, by gluing down a hair piece at the top ? He said the top of the scalp must be shaved and it actually strengthens the hair by constantly shaving it every week or so. I'm guessing only the hair on the perimeter of the lace system is affected, as the hair in the middle breathes through the lace. Any info. on this ? My guess is that it's not great for the native hair, but not catastrophic either.
                  What happened with the failed FUE HT? Did the hairs fall out?

Comment

• Folly
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by MrBlonde
                    What happened with the failed FUE HT? Did the hairs fall out?
                    Nah, just had f#ck all growth. Lots of money down the drain !!

Comment

• MrBlonde
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Folly
                      Nah, just had f#ck all growth. Lots of money down the drain !!
                      Why do you think this was Folly?

Sorry to pry so much but your story on this HT gone wrong could be essential advice for people like me planning on getting a HT. Your story probably deserves its own thread with the pitfalls you encounterd and what you think you or the Dr did wrong both post and pre op.

How many graft did you get and what % if any grew? How long ago was it done? Do you think to big a punch was used or what is your version on what went wrong?

Comment

• Folly
                        • Nov 2011

Hi guys, I'll try to make this short. Had 1,250 FUE grafts in April 2011 to thicken up my frontal hairline. I'm 28 and this is my 1st hair transplant. A couple of months before the surgery i started using Rogaine foam 5% and started shedding serious hair 3-4 weeks before my surgery. My HT surgeon had agreed on 900 -1,000

Use the search bar next time,

Comment

• hairysituation
                          • Feb 2012

Ok, I see. Thank you for all the replies!
                          I think it also creates a lot of relief for the NW2-3 who wants to restore a NW1.

If you`re comfortable wearing hair, you can become a dense NW1 with a transplant, and just wear a hair piece behind it as the hair loss progresses.
                          I really think this is the best approach alltogheter. I really do suspect that Matthew Mcconnaughey is using this approach.

Personally, I will first try to wear a hair piece (just for the hairline and widows peaks), and thereafter see if I`m cofortable with it. I I`m, I will use Dr. Rahal or Feriduni to get my ideal dense hairline.

Originally posted by Highlander
                          Read my thread on this. The hair loss problem is already solved through a combination of dense hairline packing with FUE, and HST behind that with toppick.
                          And no, Highlander. Gho is pure bullshit. You who are so aesthetically concerned, should at least dismiss the thin and sparse looking gras result that Gho produce. Dr Gho make scalp hair look like pubic hair.

Comment

• Spex
                            Dr Representative
                            • Nov 2008

HairySitu,

Thanks for the kind words on my wall. Appreciated. We are all in this together hey - and took big shoulders to apologise so thanks.

Systems can work well if you find the right one and a good fitter to work with you and your game plan.

FYI Matthew Mcconaughey wears a piece at the front
                            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• hairysituation
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Spex
                              HairySitu,

Thanks for the kind words on my wall. Appreciated. We are all in this together hey - and took big shoulders to apologise so thanks.

Systems can work well if you find the right one and a good fitter to work with you and your game plan.

FYI Matthew Mcconaughey wears a piece at the front
                              No problem, spex! Glad you accepted my appology.
                              I see. In your expert opinion, do you think it`s best to wear a hair piece behind a transplanted hairline, or just wear the hair piece exlusively? I know there are individual differences, but generally speaking.

If I choose the dense packed hairline in front and a hair piece behind, do you think good doctors like Feriduni and Rahal would accept this approach?

Regarding our handsome Matthew, don`t you think he had any transplant done? just a frontal hair piece?

Comment

Working...