+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1486

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I think gutted has ran away again. Lol. Prob tired of repeating himself.
    People keep saying this and he keeps coming back after a while. If you were recovering you wouldn't be coming here all the time either, I know I'd take great delight in deleting every trace of this place from my browser history for good. Either way he'll probably be back just like every other time.

Quote Originally Posted by b0urna View Post
    Nearly 4 months in. Still shedding but from all over my head. In general my hair looks pretty good, my temples and top of my head seem better than they did 4 months ago, though crown looks around the same. I feel like this combo is helping, so I'm going to review again at 6months, then 9, then 12. I think I could benefit from a growth stimulant, I'm considering TRX2 but it seems expensive and very mixed results.
    Would be good to get some response from gutted on this thread.
    You comparing using pics? Not asking for them, just for an idea whether it could just be a psychological improvement. And shedding as in normal levels all over or high all over? Not like this was ever going to stop shedding all over, hair usually does just fine with its normal shedding levels. About the only time I can see how much I'm shedding in the affected areas is when I comb just the top/front because in the shower etc the back and sides usually throw out loads as it is.

I've never tried sp, is that even effective to any degree?
    Never tried msm topically, how do you prepare that mate?
    SP stopped my shedding completely within a few days, but gave me nasty sides. Some guys on immortalhair are mixing msm with DMSO, some are just mixing it with water and spraying it on their scalps (msm is water soluble). Personally I just mix it in with my shampoo and conditioner.

What kind of sp did you take, complex? I understand there's different types, not sure tho? What sides did you experience mayI ask? Gutted doesn't recommend sp, not sure I'll try it just curious, and getting a touch desperado as well lol.
    Might try the topical msm approach, it's cheap enough, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    People keep saying this and he keeps coming back after a while. If you were recovering you wouldn't be coming here all the time either, I know I'd take great delight in deleting every trace of this place from my browser history for good. Either way he'll probably be back just like every other time.

You comparing using pics? Not asking for them, just for an idea whether it could just be a psychological improvement. And shedding as in normal levels all over or high all over? Not like this was ever going to stop shedding all over, hair usually does just fine with its normal shedding levels. About the only time I can see how much I'm shedding in the affected areas is when I comb just the top/front because in the shower etc the back and sides usually throw out loads as it is.
    I totally agree, it would be a great relief to not have that urge in the back of my brain to check this site daily. I'm not currently taking photos, my mirror is proof enough with wet and dry hair for me personally.

What kind of sp did you take, complex? I understand there's different types, not sure tho? What sides did you experience mayI ask? Gutted doesn't recommend sp, not sure I'll try it just curious, and getting a touch desperado as well lol.
    Might try the topical msm approach, it's cheap enough, thanks.
    Yep I took complex. I wouldn't recommend either tbh. The sides I experienced were itchy rashes over my whole body, hot flushes, boil like spots, the last side I experienced before I gave up was a swelled nipple that went hard and sensitive.
    As for the topical msm, yep it's cheap so what have you got to lose.

try the sp, its not scary, iv reintroduced it at one 125mg extract every other day,
    the sides it gave me are slight libido issues, and bloating i.e. more fat than usual

i was on 250mg/day then, now lets see if this dose is more tolerable and even helpful

Quote Originally Posted by b0urna View Post
    Nearly 4 months in. Still shedding but from all over my head. In general my hair looks pretty good, my temples and top of my head seem better than they did 4 months ago, though crown looks around the same. I feel like this combo is helping, so I'm going to review again at 6months, then 9, then 12. I think I could benefit from a growth stimulant, I'm considering TRX2 but it seems expensive and very mixed results.
    Would be good to get some response from gutted on this thread.
    This is what I am experiencing too and I'm about 4 months in too. The crown is a little worse off than it was and the hair got thinner in general but I seem to be hanging on for now and hope to see regrowth over the next 6 months.

Hi guys, first and foremost happy new year to all!

i apologise for not coming back as often as i used to, to answer questions.

i no longer feel the need to come here as much as i used to. I WILL proide updates on my situation which i will do periodiocailly, (which is more wise than every day or week that some are doing!!, this wont help in any way but make you feel more depressed! it takes time, ALOT of time...)

I havent read everything since i left the thread but have had a quick read a couple of pages back.

i will try to come back and answer questions as often as i can this week so post them.

As for my situtation i am improving, but very very slowly like i say, time is very much essential to this regime! please do NOT underestimate it.
    i would LOVE for my temples to fill in which is the only thing about my hair that slightley bothers me, but i know this wont happen with this regime, at best im confident i will maintain what i have (which IMO is a big achievement). Anyhow with a bit of styling it pretty much goes unoticeable to the average person.

Please read the following carefully.

There are obviously some here who arnet getting results and some who are. Ive outlined what can affect results primarily dht suppressors! if your using one either internally or topically i wouldnt bother with this regime.

If youve recently dropped these dht inhibiting substances you NEED to give it aprrox 3 months for everything to return to normal again, in this time frame you will THIN out/shed hairs like never before in your life (this varies between individuals), you WILL also expeience oily hair/itches, maybe even more hornier than usual.

THIS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN MSM/C IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU.

what you have to do is allow 3 months for everything to normalise and then start the 12/18 month plan (thats a total of 21 months) CONSISTENTLY, without the use of dht suppressors...going back and forth will f*** up you hair cycle clock. this is NOT the way this regime works if you do, do this, then you will have to start from scratch.

For those that are taking it without known dht suppressors, you need to make SURE you are not taking anything else that MAY affect hormone levels in any way, vitamins/other conpounds CAN and DO, do this.

Also daily medications for other diseases may affect your results too.

Shampoos may also affect your results i.e nizoral/dht suppressing shampoos etc

For those that are taking this faithfully without (RE)INTRODUCING anything to your regime and still not seeing the reduction in oil and itch - i can only say you may not be suffering from androgenetic alopecia but a differnt type of loss OR you have not given it enough time.

Anrogentic alopecia has symptoms such as excessively oily hair in addition to itches - if you have these symptoms you are most likley going to go bald if its not sorted out. Using this as an assessment rather than the norwood scale (which doesnt predict if you will bald but shows you once it occurs!) to predict if you will go bald is a VERY good way to determine if you will go bald in the future and try to treat it before it occurs. Non balders have extremeley dry hair.

if anyone has any questions please post them will try and get back to them.

Thanks

I'm referring to the combo, as stated - along with trx2. Sadly my centre parting is getting wider and my crown is opening up, it ain't filling in gutted
    jc, are you back on the minox? any changes to the regime?

are the backs and sides still itching for you?

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Well this thread has steered off-topic but I am wondering what happened to gutted? I have used this combo for 3 months but only take a few grams of each daily. To be honest the only things I noticed growing faster were my nails and the hair on my head. I didn't experience any regrowth as far as I can see. I have really noticed a difference in my joints which seems to have been the most beneficial aspect of this combo on my body.

I just recently cut my hair short about a 3/4" length and man my hair is in terrible shape. It doesn't help that I'm a diffuse thinner so I have lost density all over my head not just in the typical MPB areas. I know what I am currently taking (MSM, Vit. C, Saw Palmetto) is most likely not working, probably never was so I am SOL because I refuse to take Finasteride for my own reasons.

I have pretty much after alot of soul searching accepted my fate and since I already have a wife and kids it isn't so bad really. I feel bad for younger brahs who are just starting off because I know it can be devastating to their social/love lives. I'm probably just gonna continue taking 2g-3g each of this combo daily just for maintenance may drop the SP but will continue for the time being. Goodluck to all but I wouldn't be expecting much from this combo. Besides, the only one who claimed to see improvement was gutted and perhaps he is just lucky to respond positively to MSM but he refuses to post pictures so we only have his word to go on.

saw palmetto...trying to convince people that dht suppression has a negative effect on your hair is going to be like trying to convince athiests god exists without much evidence to back it up.

DHT suppression is much more detrimental than you or the average hair loss sufferer are aware...put it this way you would not be balding as severley as you are now had you not started saw palmetto/suppressed dht! Chances are you would of balded much slower leaving it untreated.

It takes a VERY VERY long time to recover from the effects of dht suppression, but it can be done with the right frame of mind....patience is all that is required.