Does Histogen/Aderans/Replicel awaken follicles or just thicken damaged ones?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jairus
    • Feb 2012

Does Histogen/Aderans/Replicel awaken follicles or just thicken damaged ones?

Can somebody answer this? I have seen a lot of arguments for and against but
    nothing definitive.

Is it a case of we dont know yet?

Thanks
  • Alf
    • Jul 2012

Aderans and Replicel do neither, it is new hair that grows. They take excisting hair cells, multiply them and inject them back in the scalp.

At least that is how it is supposed to work.

Comment

• Jairus
      • Feb 2012

Ah ok - so you are saying the dormant follicles stay dormant with no chance of regeneration? So the hair pops up from the newly injected cells?

Thanks

Comment

• Alf
        • Jul 2012

yes, that is how it works.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Not sure we know that yet. If it's out there I'd love to see it so apologies if I'm wrong. Replicel were saying they believed the cells migrate to dormant or miniturised follicles and rejuvenate them. However it might be both follicular neogenesis and waking dormant/reviving highly miniturised follicles.

Comment

• Alf
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
            Not sure we know that yet. If it's out there I'd love to see it so apologies if I'm wrong. Replicel were saying they believed the cells migrate to dormant or miniturised follicles and rejuvenate them. However it might be both follicular neogenesis and waking dormant/reviving highly miniturised follicles.
            I'm sure you are correct, i thought replicel worked the same way as aderans, but i didn't check it proparly

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Alf
              I'm sure you are correct, i thought replicel worked the same way as aderans, but i didn't check it proparly
              Tbh Alf I'm not sure they know for sure themselves. Would be pretty cool if it did both.

Comment

• krewel
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Alf
                Aderans and Replicel do neither, it is new hair that grows. They take excisting hair cells, multiply them and inject them back in the scalp.

At least that is how it is supposed to work.
                That is wrong. The injected Dermal Papilla/Dermal Sheath Cup cells migrate to hair follicles and recruit them. Both type of cells have the ability to repair cells. "Sick" hair follicles get repaired, but also new hair follicles will grow.
                Replicel and Aderans basically are working the same way.

Comment

• Alf
                  • Jul 2012

thanks then i have misunderstood both of the procedures

Comment

Working...