Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdamT
    • Aug 2012

16 and Balding

I am 16 years old and I think I am starting to show signs of male pattern baldness. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hair on the crown area and top of my head was thinning, but I haven't noticed any major signs of a receding hairline. I started researching and found that hair loss can be genetic. So I asked my grandfather on my mother's side when he began to lose hair and he told me that he started noticing hair loss when he was 18. Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss. Which, if true, can be linked to my hair thinning because I was training in MMA fighting for about two months but recently stopped and suddenly didn't do any exercise at all. As soon as I stopped training is when I began to notice that my hair was thinning. Also, I am experiencing slight itching and tingling in the crown area of my head. Another thing is that I do shower and wash my hair, on average, two times a day. I was surprised when I noticed my hair was thinning because I grow hair on almost every other part of my body except for my back. I have already set an appointment with my dermatologist, but it won't be for another few weeks. I was wondering in the meantime if it would be a good decision to start using a thickening shampoo and take vitamins. So if there are any suggestions that you can provide I would greatly appreciate it.
  • ThinningB420
    • Apr 2012

I doubt the exercise has much to do with it.

This may be an odd question, but did you ever take accutane?

I took this drug around 16 and had hair loss like you are describing.

Comment

• dex89
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by AdamT
      I am 16 years old and I think I am starting to show signs of male pattern baldness. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hair on the crown area and top of my head was thinning, but I haven't noticed any major signs of a receding hairline. I started researching and found that hair loss can be genetic. So I asked my grandfather on my mother's side when he began to lose hair and he told me that he started noticing hair loss when he was 18. Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss. Which, if true, can be linked to my hair thinning because I was training in MMA fighting for about two months but recently stopped and suddenly didn't do any exercise at all. As soon as I stopped training is when I began to notice that my hair was thinning. Also, I am experiencing slight itching and tingling in the crown area of my head. Another thing is that I do shower and wash my hair, on average, two times a day. I was surprised when I noticed my hair was thinning because I grow hair on almost every other part of my body except for my back. I have already set an appointment with my dermatologist, but it won't be for another few weeks. I was wondering in the meantime if it would be a good decision to start using a thickening shampoo and take vitamins. So if there are any suggestions that you can provide I would greatly appreciate it.
      Take some pictures...vitamins will help you big time, eat more vegetables and fruits into your diets. take biotin 10,000cmg from natrol. Also, apply oils like emu or olive and leave it for an hour or two before you shower. I think your too young to try nizoral, if not buy it and use it twice a week. I work out pretty much everyday, weightlifting and running a mile a day. I don't think this is a factor on hair loss unless your taking steroids or maybe creating. Good luck.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by AdamT
        Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss.
        bullshit

care to post some pics?

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ThinningB420
          I doubt the exercise has much to do with it.

This may be an odd question, but did you ever take accutane?

I took this drug around 16 and had hair loss like you are describing.
          Random quick question: do you smoke weed? I'm asking because your account name.(420)

Comment

• ThinningB420
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by dex89
            Random quick question: do you smoke weed? I'm asking because your account name.(420)
            No, I started loosing my hair before I was 20.

Comment

• dex89
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ThinningB420
              No, I started loosing my hair before I was 20.
              ahh me too, cheers. lol

Comment

• AdamT
                • Aug 2012

Here's some pictures..

Comment

• AdamT
                  • Aug 2012

Take some pictures...
                  Here's some pictures..

Comment

• dex89
                    • Jul 2012

it doesn't show the pictures.

Comment

• AdamT
                      • Aug 2012

it doesn't show the pictures.

Comment

• Jan 2012

how can weight lifting BY ITSELF cause hair loss?

Comment

• dex89
                          • Jul 2012

is your hair wet? It doesn't seem that bad, it might look bad because your skin is very light and you have dark black hair which makes it easier to see your scalp.

Comment

• AdamT
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
                            It is normal to have a cowlick there. But if you have early and aggressive MPB running in your family then you may have cause for concern.
                            The only person with MPB in my family is my grandfather on my mother's side, he started noticing hair loss when he was 18. But I also have 8 uncles on my mother's side and they all have thick full hair.

Comment

• AdamT
                              • Aug 2012

is your hair wet? It doesn't seem that bad, it might look bad because your skin is very light and you have dark black hair which makes it easier to see your scalp.
                              No, I think my hair just looks wet because of how oily it is. But when my hair does get wet, it becomes extremely easy to see my scalp on the top of my head and on the crown of my head. Does that mean anything?

Comment

Working...