X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagtag
    • Aug 2012

DHT Blocker and Kirkland Minoxidil

Hi all,

This is the first time ive posted, and im quite new to all the hairloss treatments, but was looking for some advice.

I started using Kirkland Minoxidil 5% last September (2011), and initially my hair seemed to look better. I never had any sheds when I first started using it, but since about April this year (2012), my hair has started to get progressively thinner. I thought it may have just been a "seasonal" shed, but still hasnt got any better since and its now August (2012).

I did a google search to see if other had this experience, and came across the following thread on these forums:
    http://www.****************/interact...oxidil-5/page2

One of the members on page 1 (KeepTheHair) said that you should be using a DHT blocker in addition to the minoxidil. I was under the impression that the minoxidil did perform DHT blocking (probably my key mistake). Could anyone provide some advice as to what I should do now? I dont really want to use propecia or any other drug that I would have to injest. I would prefer some topical solution or shampoo...are there any DHT blocking solutions/shampoos which are effective?

Many thanks for your help
  • Quicktheloss
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by jagtag
    Hi all,

This is the first time ive posted, and im quite new to all the hairloss treatments, but was looking for some advice.

I started using Kirkland Minoxidil 5% last September (2011), and initially my hair seemed to look better. I never had any sheds when I first started using it, but since about April this year (2012), my hair has started to get progressively thinner. I thought it may have just been a "seasonal" shed, but still hasnt got any better since and its now August (2012).

I did a google search to see if other had this experience, and came across the following thread on these forums:
    http://www.****************/interact...oxidil-5/page2

One of the members on page 1 (KeepTheHair) said that you should be using a DHT blocker in addition to the minoxidil. I was under the impression that the minoxidil did perform DHT blocking (probably my key mistake). Could anyone provide some advice as to what I should do now? I dont really want to use propecia or any other drug that I would have to injest. I would prefer some topical solution or shampoo...are there any DHT blocking solutions/shampoos which are effective?

Many thanks for your help
    No hair loss product has a DHT blocker. But try Saw Palmetto.

Comment

Working...