Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovoxo
    • Apr 2012

Hairloss & body hair

Is there any connection between hair loss and body hair, because I also noticed my body hair started to grow everywhere, seriously everywhere. I'm afraid I will end up looking like a chimp, and don't know if it has something to do with hair loss, or if I should see a doctor.

Your opinions?
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

I have heard conflicting statements. I have also read there is more of a connection with beard hair than other body hair. In college a friend predicted my mpb and I asked her why. Heavy beard was part of the reason.

This seems to be a general rule but there are plenty of exceptions.

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

I would much prefer that hair stopped growing on my chin and cheeks and continued growing on the top of my head (rather than the reverse), but unfortunately nature doesn't work that way.

Comment

• Maradona
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by ovoxo
        Is there any connection between hair loss and body hair, because I also noticed my body hair started to grow everywhere, seriously everywhere. I'm afraid I will end up looking like a chimp, and don't know if it has something to do with hair loss, or if I should see a doctor.

Your opinions?
        There is a connection. Body hair growth is just like mPB, the process of it growing is triggered by DHT, as well as the sebaceous glands which cause an oily head.

But from my research if you already had a monstrous amount of body hair before MPB triggered you will not have aggressive baldness.

However it is usually the oppossite, full blown norwood 6s 7s often have a lot of body hair by the time they are "dead" on the norwood scale, buzzing time.

Go to the beach see for yourself.

Comment

• lilpauly
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Maradona
          There is a connection. Body hair growth is just like mPB, the process of it growing is triggered by DHT, as well as the sebaceous glands which cause an oily head.

But from my research if you already had a monstrous amount of body hair before MPB triggered you will not have aggressive baldness.

However it is usually the oppossite, full blown norwood 6s 7s often have a lot of body hair by the time they are "dead" on the norwood scale, buzzing time.

once i started using dut my body hair decreased alot!

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by lilpauly
            once i started using dut my body hair decreased alot!
            How long were you on fin before you started dut?

Comment

• lilpauly
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
              How long were you on fin before you started dut?
              16 months. i had no sides with fin so i added dut. when i added dut my sex drive increased by alot!

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

That's interesting that fin didn't change your body hair but dut did. I wonder if the type 1 alpha-reductase enzyme is more specific to body hair or something.

Comment

• ovoxo
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Maradona

well I had hairy legs and arms, but recently I started to grow body hair everywhere else, kinda weird like lanugo thing. Whole arms, back, sides of my body. And I hate it. Nobody in my family is hairy, but then again nobody is bald . It's just me.

Comment

• mpb47
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gmonasco
                    I would much prefer that hair stopped growing on my chin and cheeks and continued growing on the top of my head (rather than the reverse), but unfortunately nature doesn't work that way.
                    Me too. Had it since 13 and never wanted it in the first place.

Comment

Working...