Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
    unlikely pgd2 will grow your hair back. AT best maintain what you have, in which case; you have to get a HT to get the hair you lost back.
    And the cure would also extend to men of all ages who have already lost their hair

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

unlikely pgd2 will grow your hair back. AT best maintain what you have, in which case; you have to get a HT to get the hair you lost back.
      i dont think dr cotsteralis actually knows whether blocking pgd2 will regrow hair or simply prevent you from balding/further loss...they are still working on this

the article says its a "cure" - this implies the planned treatment will regrow hair on baldings scalps, if this is the case, HT's will become obsolete.

Comment

• Dazza
        • Jun 2012

While I agree removing pgd2 won't be enough to regrow your hair, adding a pge2 booster could.

Comment

• Dazza
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dazza
          While I agree removing pgd2 won't be enough to regrow your hair, adding a pge2 booster could.
          Tho we don't know if fixing the pgd2 balance might sort the other Pg levels out.
          But my guess would be adding a pge2 booster

Comment

• thechamp
            • Jan 2011

Cure is here

I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders they know more than us now it's a race for all the other products to come out the cure is near!!!

Comment

• krewel
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by thechamp
              I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders they know more than us now it's a race for all the other products to come out the cure is near!!!
              I think we are probably the only people on this earth that want time to go fast, hehe.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Champ you're not even bald,or thinning far as I can tell from your pics, it can take five years for this stuff to hit market and you'd have no worries even then,go chill on the beach ffs

Comment

• LPSboxing
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by krewel
                  I think we are probably the only people on this earth that want time to go fast, hehe.
                  x2

needmorechars

Comment

• Kiwi
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LPSboxing
                    x2

needmorechars
                    We do represent a large portion of men on the planet - we're not alone!!!

Comment

• Erick
                      • Nov 2011

New news on NBC talk about percentage growth

Yesterday at 3pm, NBC news announced that the L'oreal hair loss product will have %30 regrowth in men within 3-6 months and %60 in women. They went on to mention that there will be very little growth for nw6-7 about 5%. These results should compound every 3-6 months. In conclusion, they said its worth trying but may cause side effects such as rashes and chemical burns among others.

Comment

• LPSboxing
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Erick
                        Yesterday at 3pm, NBC news announced that the L'oreal hair loss product will have %30 regrowth in men within 3-6 months and %60 in women. They went on to mention that there will be very little growth for nw6-7 about 5%. These results should compound every 3-6 months. In conclusion, they said its worth trying but may cause side effects such as rashes and chemical burns among others.

mhhh....the % is very good. For example I am a nw3 with thin crown so I guess I lost about 50% of my original density.

That means that within a year I should have all my density back (my hairloss is not very old so the follicles shouldn't be totally dead)........mh I don't know why but it sounds too good to be true....

so where's the catch??

it could be that :

a) as suggested by 2020, it could be acting by synchronizing the anagen phase of the follicles in catagen or telogen.
                        so what about when this cycle ends? you are left with a huge thinning because all the follicles you have stimulated fall in telogen toghether?

b) like you said, there could be allergic reactions on the skin. That happens with every product though, so I hope just a small minority gets those side effect you mentioned.

Comment

• LPSboxing
                          • May 2012

another thought:

if this product is really able to 'rewake' sleeping follicles, even if only for some cycles, it could still be useful to delay and avoid the total atrophy of such miniaturized follicles.

In other words, it can help avoiding the total death of our balded follicles while we wait for more powerful tratments - Histogen for example.

I think a "last anagen cycle" can avoid the atrophy or the erector pili muscle and surrounding blood vassels that represents the so called point of no return

Comment

• new bubble
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by LPSboxing
                            mhhh....the % is very good. For example I am a nw3 with thin crown so I guess I lost about 50% of my original density.

That means that within a year I should have all my density back (my hairloss is not very old so the follicles shouldn't be totally dead)........mh I don't know why but it sounds too good to be true....

so where's the catch??

it could be that :

a) as suggested by 2020, it could be acting by synchronizing the anagen phase of the follicles in catagen or telogen.
                            so what about when this cycle ends? you are left with a huge thinning because all the follicles you have stimulated fall in telogen toghether?

b) like you said, there could be allergic reactions on the skin. That happens with every product though, so I hope just a small minority gets those side effect you mentioned.
                            the catch is its gonna cost 100 euros every month!! l'oreal getting in first to make a killing with there attempt

Comment

• LPSboxing
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by new bubble
                              the catch is its gonna cost 100 euros every month!! l'oreal getting in first to make a killing with there attempt
                              If it works, it's much better option than the thousands needer for a high-quality transplant ( no, i'm not talking about fut )

at least in the waiting for better treatments.

Comment

• new bubble
                                • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=Erick;78691]Yesterday at 3pm, NBC news announced that the L'oreal hair loss product will have %30 regrowth in men within 3-6 months and %60 in women. They went on to mention that there will be very little growth for nw6-7 about 5%. These results should compound every 3-6 months. In conclusion, they said its worth trying but may cause side effects such as rashes and chemical burns among others.[/QUOTE

Would like to see the scientific results on this WITH PICTURES. L'oreal keeping very tight lipped on this and only drip feeding information.

30% is a lot!! We will find out soon enough, september just around the corner.
                                Dosen't anyone think it strange l'oreal launching just before histogen and Aderans updating with news on there products.

Comment

Working...