Neogenic by L’Oréal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amino
    • Aug 2012

This is dissapointing from L'Oreal and doesnt make sense as they have top scientists working in their labs, they have even created artificial skin previously.
    They spend approx 500M each year on their research.

I would have expected some solid results from the product if they made claims, maybe they skipped the research with this one!

Comment

• StayThick
      • Oct 2012

UPDATE: 3 days into my 3rd month on Neogenic and can say I'm not noticing anything ground breaking. At this point, I don't think 3 1/2 weeks I have left on the product is going to make a difference or provide 4% density as Loreal claims. I will officially post on here once I complete the full 3 months, but as most claimed, this product does indeed look to be snake oil.

Which makes sense I guess because it hasn't even been released in the US yet, rightfully so. Sorry guys, wish I could tell you my temple hair is regrowing or crown filling in, but that's just not the case. Either way, I do believe I will have saved many $$ moving forward by trying this product a full 3 months.

My final review will be done in a little less than 4 weeks from now.

Comment

• Mark86
        • Nov 2012

Neogenics - My 3mths are up!..

well, 3 mths up was up on Jan 6.

Verdict for me is that yes it has activated some regrowth, not a vast amount but definitely noticeable. As i said in a previous post a month ago, it is mostly close to the horse shoe area and not at all on the top of the head. I even think the sides have thickened up but that could be my wishful thinking.

I will carry on with it up to 6 mths and see what happens. I am also on finpecia and minox.

I cant quite understand how the active ingredient (Stemoxydine) is meant to cause hypoxia (reduction in oxygen level in/around the follicle i think) whilst also increasing capillary density (which i would think brings more blood and hence oxygen into the area) ??

I'm sure there's a good answer somewhere!!

Comment

• Jcm800
          • Jan 2011

How exactly can you tell it's given you suspected results, when you're also on fin and minoxidil?!

Comment

• Mark86
            • Nov 2012

Jcm800,

Good Question...

The reason i think it is the Neogenic is because i have been on Fin and Min for some 10yrs+ and have only ever been able to maintain and in truth, slow the balding process to a crawl.
            Over these last 3 mths, a bit of thickening in the areas i mentioned has happened and i have noticed the change.
            As i say, its not earth shattering and no one has mentioned that my hair has grown back!! but there definititely something. Thats my contribution anyway

Regards,
            Mark 86

Comment

• Jcm800
              • Jan 2011

Cool mate, well fingers crossed the trend continues and thanks kindly for testing and updating.

Comment

• Kirby_
                • Jan 2012

Mark86. did you take before/during/after photos when using Neogenic? Not to post here (unless you want to, of course), more so you can judge objectively how/if the Neogenic had an effect? I know how we can all 'feel' that our hair can be getting better or worse, but we all need photos to judge properly at the end of the day.

Also, is it true that the packaging recommends 3 months' usage per year, or continual year-round usage? There's some confusion over that aspect on hair loss forums.

Thanks.

Comment

• Mark86
                  • Nov 2012

Hello Kirby,

I did take photos from the start to now, so covering 3 mths. They do show some regrowth, but as i stress, not 'blow your socks off' growth.

The neogenic packaging comes with some small instructions in various languages including English, they only cover how to apply the lotion though.

The box has no English on it although i think i can work out the Spanish and Portuguese text to saying, 1 dose a day for 3 months.

Not sure that helps that much!

Regards,
                  Mark 86

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Is the regrowth visible/worth posting the pics? Think id be better off with this rather than trx2, can't say I've noticed anything after ten months on that.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                      Is the regrowth visible/worth posting the pics? Think id be better off with this rather than trx2, can't say I've noticed anything after ten months on that.
                      If there is any before after pics AT ALL that would be worth posting.

The proof of the pudding is in the pictures. No pictures = just words.

Comment

• kanyon
                        • Jan 2011

So just to confirm, this product is bullshit?

Comment

• fred970
                          • Nov 2009

Yes it is.

Comment

• clandestine
                            • Aug 2011

Grade A.

10blox

Comment

• StayThick
                              • Oct 2012

Half way done with my 3rd month on Neogenic...can't say it did anything at all. Hair might have slightly gone worse, but not from the Neogenic. It's very expensive, but more importantly, very ineffective.

Bottom line: Save your money. I was a guinea pig for this forum using this product..$375 later I'm still losing my hairline.

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kanyon
                                So just to confirm, this product is bullshit?
                                Hmmm... tough one.

Any ideas anyone? I'm stumped.

Comment

Working...