Neogenic by L’Oréal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Okay im confused... is Neogenic aiming to INCREASE the state of hypoxia in the scalp or decrease it? According to this article the aim is to reduce hypoxia.

Anyway Dr Bauman gives his reasons as to why this product is complete horse puke at the bottom of the page.

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
      Okay im confused... is Neogenic aiming to INCREASE the state of hypoxia in the scalp or decrease it? According to this article the aim is to reduce hypoxia.

Anyway Dr Bauman gives his reasons as to why this product is complete horse puke at the bottom of the page.
      yep i noted this confusion/misinformation too.

from what i understand loreal seem to think stem cells need to be under hypoxic conditions for them to work properly...whereas scientific articles state the balding scalp is already under hypoxic conditions which need to be reversed.

i dont know dr baumans source since not much info has been released to the public apart from the press articles which are lacking scientifically.

Comment

• LPSboxing
        • May 2012

In my opinion it is critical for us to clarify this hypoxic contraddiction.

If it's true that balding follicles are already hypoxic and need oxygen to be re-awaken, maybe the galea theory/scalp circulation guys were right all along??

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by LPSboxing
          In my opinion it is critical for us to clarify this hypoxic contraddiction.

If it's true that balding follicles are already hypoxic and need oxygen to be re-awaken, maybe the galea theory/scalp circulation guys were right all along??
          dht/androgens grow muscle tissue...it cant be a conidence that the galea happens to be located around the areas of loss...but thats a whole different subject.

Comment

• LPSboxing
            • May 2012

Originally posted by gutted
            dht/androgens grow muscle tissue...it cant be a conidence that the galea happens to be located around the areas of loss...but thats a whole different subject.
            yeah but, what about the guys with unpatterned loss like DUPA etc?

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by LPSboxing
              yeah but, what about the guys with unpatterned loss like DUPA etc?
              this the thing that contradicts the galea theory.

Comment

• thechamp
                • Jan 2011

Off topic

Australian news today A hair lotion that cures baldness could be on the market within two years, believe scientists.

They are already talking with pharmaceutical firms about making the product, which would work by stopping the effects of a single guilty enzyme.

US-based dermatologists announced earlier this year that they had found that an enzyme, called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), instructed follicles to stop producing hair.

They identified it by screening 250 genes implicated in hair loss. **** yeh 2 years to go

Comment

• BoSox
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by thechamp
                  Australian news today A hair lotion that cures baldness could be on the market within two years, believe scientists.

They are already talking with pharmaceutical firms about making the product, which would work by stopping the effects of a single guilty enzyme.

US-based dermatologists announced earlier this year that they had found that an enzyme, called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), instructed follicles to stop producing hair.

They identified it by screening 250 genes implicated in hair loss. **** yeh 2 years to go
                  This is just to prevent future hair loss.. not to actually cure "baldness"

I hate when they have a headline that is worded like that. Should be, CURE TO THINNING HAIR JUST BEGINNING TO GO BALD COMING.

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
                    This is just to prevent future hair loss.. not to actually cure "baldness"

I hate when they have a headline that is worded like that. Should be, CURE TO THINNING HAIR JUST BEGINNING TO GO BALD COMING.
                    "an enzyme, called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), instructed follicles to stop producing hair."

if they can make follicles start producing hair again, don't you think that it would be a major thing?

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
                      "an enzyme, called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), instructed follicles to stop producing hair."

if they can make follicles start producing hair again, don't you think that it would be a major thing?
                      It would be major.. do you think it can fully reverse my thinning hair? I'm not sure about new hair growth, even Dr C states it will prob only prevent hair loss.

Man, 2 years is a long time My thinning is very aggressive.

Comment

• krewel
                        • Aug 2011

It would be major.. do you think it can fully reverse my thinning hair? I'm not sure about new hair growth, even Dr C states it will prob only prevent hair loss.

Man, 2 years is a long time My thinning is very aggressive.
                        Well, it depends. It is neccessary to know, weater PGD2 is THE or A key to this problem. There is a chain for this problem and every known molecule that is involved in this process has its place in this chain and there is most likely a starter.
                        But we do know one thing. A hair follicle has the ability to regenerate itself.
                        Since we all know, that hairs do not grow back (at least not significantly) while using an Alpha5-Reduktase blocker, I assume DHTs place is not at the very front of this chain.
                        On that basis, I assume that there is a good possibility, that hairs would regrowth after removing that "blocking" factor.
                        I'm always trying to be objective but this is only my suggestion, not a scientific one. So please take this with caution.

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

A cure for male-pattern baldness may soon hit store shelves. (CBS11 Dallas)A lotion that cures male-pattern baldness could be for sale in as little as two years. University of Pennsylvania dermatologist George Cotsarelis says the lotion works by inhibiting a single enzyme, prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), which he says is the "major" enzyme connected to hair loss.

And the cure would also extend to men of all ages who have already lost their hair

THIS IS EXCITING.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

A cure for male-pattern baldness may soon hit store shelves. (CBS11 Dallas)A lotion that cures male-pattern baldness could be for sale in as little as two years. University of Pennsylvania dermatologist George Cotsarelis says the lotion works by inhibiting a single enzyme, prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), which he says is the "major" enzyme connected to hair loss.

And the cure would also extend to men of all ages who have already lost their hair

THIS IS EXCITING.
                            Thank ****, means no longer anyone has to take propecia and mess with their hormones, and HTs will be accessible to everyone.

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                              Thank ****, means no longer anyone has to take propecia and mess with their hormones, and HTs will be accessible to everyone.
                              why would you want a HT??? when you have a "cure" in lotion form??

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                                why would you want a HT??? when you have a "cure" in lotion form??
                                unlikely pgd2 will grow your hair back. AT best maintain what you have, in which case; you have to get a HT to get the hair you lost back.

Comment

Working...