Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_dude78
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
    Don't be too depressed, just skin it and be patient.

That HT doc has no idea as to when histogen or aderans will be available. But it's very likely it will be in our life times - I guess we'll all find out more this October at the next annual hair loss convention
    Well, I'm 31 now, I had hoped it would be out before I turn 40. Hopefully I can maintain my NW2-ish until it gets here

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Smiley
      From what I understand, Histogen will be out in 3+ years. I would say that's within your lifetime. There is still reason to be hopeful. Scalp tattoo = bad idea imo.

Wonder who the surgeon was? and why he would say that?
      If histogen is not the cure for horseshoe, it will no doubt be aderans - they are in the business of replicating follicles.

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Horseshoe
        Probably all the above mentioned more important medical breakthroughs will come along during our lifetime but a hairloss cure seems to be in a league of it's own. I don't know why it is so difficult. I watched 60 minutes TV a while back and they showed scientists who created a living kidney and a beating heart valve.
        It's one of life's ironies that hair follicles are considerably more complex than organs that perform much more important functions. That's helpful if you have a problem with a major organ, but not so good if you have MPB.

Comment

• Horseshoe
          • Dec 2011

[QUOTE=Kiwi;69129]
          Jesus mate. Do you have an FUT scar?

If not I suggest just skinning it and accepting who you are. It sounds like you are trying to do that.
          I don't have any FUT or strip scars because I was never eligible for HT due to very weak and low density donor hair.

I have shaved my head down to the skin because I have no other choice. I don't like the way it looks, it makes me look "kind of sick", like i'm suffering from some illness. I tried to grow the facial hair to distract from the head but my girl complains that it scratches her face and does not like it.

I'm still considering the SMP but at the same time i'm afraid with my luck it might not look good and then there is no turning back.

I hate baldness.

Comment

• Horseshoe
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Delphi
            Which IAHRS doctors did you see? A scalp tattoo on a N7 could end up being a lifetime of trouble. I would think twice if I were you.
            Thanks, believe me I don't take it lightly. I have been thinking it over many times. When I go to GLI or HIS websites to see clients results some look really awesome but at the same time there are some that don't look so good. I think if you have some hair, like if you were defused NW3 or 4 it looks pretty good because there is some 3D effect. But i'm slick bald NW7 so that could make the difference in pulling it off.

I saw two IAHRS doctors here on the East Coast. I saw the first one in Feb 2012 and the second one in June 2012. I don't want to mention any names. But I will say that they were both ethical, professional and came to the same conclusion, that I was not a candidate for HT. The only difference is that the first on said he believes that cloning will come to fruition but in 10 years. The second one said "Not in my lifetime".

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
              • Jul 2011

[QUOTE=Horseshoe;69240]
              Originally posted by Kiwi

I don't have any FUT or strip scars because I was never eligible for HT due to very weak and low density donor hair.

I have shaved my head down to the skin because I have no other choice. I don't like the way it looks, it makes me look "kind of sick", like i'm suffering from some illness. I tried to grow the facial hair to distract from the head but my girl complains that it scratches her face and does not like it.

I'm still considering the SMP but at the same time i'm afraid with my luck it might not look good and then there is no turning back.

I hate baldness.

I have that same feeling of "looking like im sick" when I have my head shaved. It's strange.

Comment

• gmonasco
                Inactive
                • Apr 2010

The only difference is that the first on said he believes that cloning will come to fruition but in 10 years. The second one said "Not in my lifetime".
                Keep in mind that doctors are primarily technicians, not researchers or scientists. Expecting the average doctor to be an expert in everything connected to his field is kind of like expecting your mechanic to be acquainted with all the latest developments in automotive engineering -- maybe he knows if he's made a point of keeping up on the subject, but the nature of his job doesn't necessarily mean that he does.

Comment

• Conpecia
                  • Sep 2011

To those who are slick and fair-skinned, one thing I would suggest investigating is a peptide called "melanotan II." It's essentially raising your melanin levels and allowing you to tan without burning. I'm fair-skinned and used it last summer and looked Hispanic by the 4th of July. I tend to notice darker-skinned bald guys don't have that sickly look. Just a suggestion, I know it has nothing to do with hair loss but it will definitely fix that sickly look. As always, do your research and make good decisions.

Comment

• Horseshoe
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                    To those who are slick and fair-skinned, one thing I would suggest investigating is a peptide called "melanotan II." It's essentially raising your melanin levels and allowing you to tan without burning. I'm fair-skinned and used it last summer and looked Hispanic by the 4th of July. I tend to notice darker-skinned bald guys don't have that sickly look. Just a suggestion, I know it has nothing to do with hair loss but it will definitely fix that sickly look. As always, do your research and make good decisions.
                    Where do you get such peptide? And does it have any side effects that you know of ?

Thank you.

Comment

• Kiwi
                      • Mar 2011

You shouldnt do anything until after the October presentations at the annual hairloss convention.

Whi knows what will be announced )

Comment

• greatjob!
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Conpecia
                        Conpecia I have wanted to try Melanotan II because I like to have a tan but I don't like to subject myself to that much sun. Where do you get the treatment done? Dermatologist? I thought about asking my gp physician but I thought she might think I was mental, lol.

Comment

• NW777
                          • May 2012

This peptide is used for tanning as well as ED and prevents skin cancer. It does it all but it can't grow hair.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

Where do you get such peptide? And does it have any side effects that you know of ?

Thank you.
                            Sorry man, I've absolutely and completely forgotten where I got the stuff, as I only got it once and that was over a year ago. It took a lot of research to find an American supplier and I am horrible with remembering companies online as I buy a lot of stuff off the Internet. Look up some forums and do google searches. I remember it being reasonably priced and I bought in bulk; still using the stuff from May 2011, just kept it in the refrigerator.

Known sides:

1. It will darken your existing freckles during your "loading" phase, the month or so while the peptide builds up in your system. My freckles faded back after I quit using it. Some claim their freckles don't fade...not sure how many

2. You'll feel queasy when you take it the first few times, and may also get red in the face for an hour or so. I take lower doses and I take them at night.

3. INCREASED LIBIDO. Big time. Frequent erections, lol.

Guys, be careful with this stuff. It is potent as ****. I don't care how fair-skinned you are, after the loading phase, this can get you darker in two days of sun exposure than people who tan all summer long. Use it wisely. Good luck, and sorry I can't be more helpful with providing a supplier. I think a good suntan does wonders to mitigate the harshness of mpb.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
                              Conpecia I have wanted to try Melanotan II because I like to have a tan but I don't like to subject myself to that much sun. Where do you get the treatment done? Dermatologist? I thought about asking my gp physician but I thought she might think I was mental, lol.
                              Order it online and do it at home. It's a daily injection for a month, then maintenance injections once a week. It may sound experimental but I am just a regular dude with no science or medicinal background and I was able to use it easily.

Comment

• greatjob!
                                • Aug 2011

Thanks for the info man, but I'm a sissy when it comes to needles there is no way I'm going to be able to inject myself everyday for a month, lol. Guess I'll just have to get my tan the old fashion way

Comment

Working...