X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scoots
    • Mar 2012

Follica Phase 2 Results

From their latest patent:

Here are the actual results. I don't feel like breaking them down-if someone else could do that, great. What I really like to read is that they actually grew some non-vellus, terminal hair.

Let the discussion begin.
    • Jan 2012

holy shit their data organizing skills are those of a fourth grader...

from what I could gather:

~3 months in: +11% hair count

~5.5 months in: +14% hair count

a lot of those hair were vellus hair so the actual number of new terminal hair is lower...

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Scoots

Here are the actual results. I don't feel like breaking them down-if someone else could do that, great. What I really like to read is that they actually grew some non-vellus, terminal hair.

i bet dermarolling can even give better results.

Ive been dermarolling my temples for the past few weeks and ive notcied vellus hairs getting longer.

At least theyre trying.

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Scoots

It appears, from what I can see, that this was pretty much ONLY a test of perturbation. The hydrogel doesn't seem to contain anything that would really help regrowth.

If so, Follica will be aiming to augment this with a chemical treatment to the affected area, whether it's based on wnts or lithium.

Keeping that in mind, the growth figures look pretty good.

Comment

• Ryan333
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Pate
          It appears, from what I can see, that this was pretty much ONLY a test of perturbation. The hydrogel doesn't seem to contain anything that would really help regrowth.

If so, Follica will be aiming to augment this with a chemical treatment to the affected area, whether it's based on wnts or lithium.

Keeping that in mind, the growth figures look pretty good.
          Yep, there seems to be some confusion about which trial they're referring to in this patent, the information doesn't match the one done in Germany using lithium, and Follica did admit they were in the process of doing a few different clinical trials, this just seems to be a wounding and healing test, no chemical compound is included.

Comment

• garethbale
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gutted
            i bet dermarolling can even give better results.

Ive been dermarolling my temples for the past few weeks and ive notcied vellus hairs getting longer.

At least theyre trying.

Hi

Can I ask what dermarolling is? I'm trying to regrow temple hair but finding it tough.

Thanks

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by garethbale
              Hi

Can I ask what dermarolling is? I'm trying to regrow temple hair but finding it tough.

Thanks
              A simple homecare regrowth system for men & women who wish to stop alopecia, baldness, hair loss and thinning hair now. This Clearskincare demonstration show...

it probably wont give dramatic results alone though.

Comment

Working...