Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by youngin
    Oh C'mon. Show me some proof of that please. Not ALL men's levels drop extremely low. You don't know how many of those men take testosterone. Also, there are younger men with HT's. And if your theory was correct, then men wouldn't be balding as they got older would they? Cause they lack the DHT to create the environment for balding since their testosterone count is so low. But its quite the opposite.
    there is no proof, and you wont find any.

yes you right there are younger men with hts, but it takes normal aga scalp follicles 10/20/30 years before they start to minutarise - the same can be said for transplanted hairs too, at which point they reach well into there 50's/60's when there hormonal profile changes.

Comment

• youngin
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gutted
      there is no proof, and you wont find any.

yes you right there are younger men with hts, but it takes normal aga scalp follicles 10/20/30 years before they start to minutarise - the same can be said for transplanted hairs too, at which point they reach well into there 50's/60's when there hormonal profile changes.
      All very massive speculations. Your logic would mean that men in their 60's would normally start growing hair back, unless miniaturizing is irreversible.

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

All very massive speculations. Your logic would mean that men in their 60's would normally start growing hair back, unless miniaturizing is irreversible.
        no...

we already know people who are castrated dont grow thier hair back.

tricking the body to bring hair follicles that are dormant is the way to get hairs growing again, something which minoxidil does but artificially NOT natrually.
        Some follicles get scarred which allso needs to be reversed.

Comment

• youngin
          • Nov 2010

Sure because its known reducing DHT can stop hair loss. Chopping off your balls will do the same thing. Just less elegantly

Yet no one has explained why your top and back hairs differ.

Comment

• gutted
            • Jan 2011

Sure because its known reducing DHT can stop hair loss. Chopping off your balls will do the same thing. Just less elegantly

Yet no one has explained why your top and back hairs differ.

reducing dht SLOWS hair loss,which fin and dut do...it does not completeley STOP it, like castration does.
            Castration also does not REGROW all your hair back.

Comment

• youngin
              • Nov 2010

Its the same mechanism! You're being picky about words now. Nothing is proven by what you said.

Comment

• gutted
                • Jan 2011

Its the same mechanism! You're being picky about words now. Nothing is proven by what you said.
                I dont understand what you mean by the same mechanism?

i said castration is proven to STOP you going bald.
                Stopping and slowing are 2 totally differnet things.

Finerstride and dut only slows down your loss but eventually you are likeley to go bald in 10 years time. This is FACT. The reason why this is the case is simple but again not proven.

Comment

• idw2bb
                  • Jul 2012

I dont understand what you mean by the same mechanism?

i said castration is proven to STOP you going bald.
                  Stopping and slowing are 2 totally differnet things.

Finerstride and dut only slows down your loss but eventually you are likeley to go bald in 10 years time. This is FACT. The reason why this is the case is simple but again not proven.
                  Probly cause androgen receptors are up-regulated, over time, by inhibition of 5ar type I or II depending on what drug you are speaking of. Until androgen receptor blockers are approved the most PROVEN treatment is fin.. It is not for everyone and some get bad sides that can last from a short period of time to forever. But regarding efficacy, short of castration, Fin. works the best for the most.

Why?

Because it reduces the conversion of androgens to DHT. Period.
                  Last edited by idw2bb; 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• idw2bb
                    • Jul 2012

i didnt say that, i said hairs going into dormancy is a cancer protection mechanism. i didnt say bald heads are covered with cancers...

in simple terms baldness is due to over expression of cox2 initiated by androgens.
                    over expression of cox2 is known to cause cancer.
                    I'm very interested in this idea. Is there any other example you can give besides the hair follicle? Any other example?

Comment

• idw2bb
                      • Jul 2012

I'm sorry Davey Jones if this thread is not going as you would prefer....I will keep my mouth shut. Sorry.

Comment

• gutted
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by idw2bb
                        Probly cause androgen receptors are up-regulated, over time, by inhibition of 5ar type I or II depending on what drug you are speaking of. Until androgen receptor blockers are approved the most PROVEN treatment is fin.. It is not for everyone and some get bad sides that can last from a short period of time to forever. But regarding efficacy, short of castration, Fin. works the best for the most.

Why?

Because it reduces the conversion of androgens to DHT. Period.
                        yes its the only proven treatment that indirectly slows baldness, but doesnt mean its the most logical way to tackle the problem.

You have a very high chance of androgen levels dropping with age thus stopping baldness alltogether than you do whilst your on fin - finserstride changes your hormonal profile and still the body is trying to reach equilibrium (rise in AR receptors, increase in dht etc) well into old age (presuming you are still on fin of course as you age) hence your natrual hormonal profile (one without fin usuage) has been dissalllowed to natrually drop with time...instead its being held in limbo with a steady but slow rise in AR recptor/increases in dht
                        Hormonal profile changes with age explains why there is different patterns in mpb and why some mens baldness stops at a certain age.

Anyway dht blockers are not the future. Cox 2 blocking is a good way to prevent further balding.

Comment

• Dazza
                          • Jun 2012

Anyway dht blockers are not the future. Cox 2 blocking is a good way to prevent further balding.
                          I agree! Add a pge2 booster and I believe it's party time. Tho balancing out just d2 could work wonders too.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dazza
                            I agree! Add a pge2 booster and I believe it's party time. Tho balancing out just d2 could work wonders too.
                            i think right now people would be happy to just STOP thier hair loss, and fin simply is not worth it for some, an alternative, allbeit unproven way would be to normalise cox 2.

I belive adding pge2 would stimulate regrowth in the rgions that have gone dormant.

Comment

• rdawg
                              • Jun 2012

Are there any companies researching/creating a product that has to do with PGD2 and PGE2?

Alot of talk about it lately but I dont see an actual product being made right now!

Comment

• MoreCoffee
                                • Jul 2009

Good question

Comment

Working...