+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Tracy!!

Hi there, long time no talk. A friend of mine just recently went to his doctor and now has a prescription for it too. Im seriously considering it. The cost may be well worth the outcome. It sounds like it may be a good intermediate treatment for us.

Hi Artista,

I just asked my GP during a regular visit if she would write a script for Lumigan (it's the same thing as Latisse but cheaper). When I explained to her why I wanted it she saw no harm in trying and wrote the script. I mixed the whole bottle in with a full bottle of generic women's Minoxidil. I am starting off with using it only every other evening, alternating with normal women's Minoxidil in the evening. After this first bottle of the mix is empty, I will use the mixture every evening for six months, then evaluate to see if it is making a difference or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi Artista,

I just asked my GP during a regular visit if she would write a script for Lumigan (it's the same thing as Latisse but cheaper). When I explained to her why I wanted it she saw no harm in trying and wrote the script. I mixed the whole bottle in with a full bottle of generic women's Minoxidil. I am starting off with using it only every other evening, alternating with normal women's Minoxidil in the evening. After this first bottle of the mix is empty, I will use the mixture every evening for six months, then evaluate to see if it is making a difference or not.

may i ask how much a bottle cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi there, long time no talk. A friend of mine just recently went to his doctor and now has a prescription for it too. Im seriously considering it. The cost may be well worth the outcome. It sounds like it may be a good intermediate treatment for us.
    definitely keep us updated

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default JDW and all

I certainly will, no problem . Lets hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi Artista,

Good luck!!! And do let us know the cost )

Joe is stating Bimatoprost can regrow around 40%. It’s said that bimatoprost can turn vellus hairs into terminal hairs.. what does it mean exactly when a product can re grow 40%. Will it only regrow 40% of vellus hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by fitness-man View Post
    may i ask how much a bottle cost?
    Since I specifically asked her if she could write the script for Lumigan instead of Latisse, the pharmacy billed my insurance. So I do not know the cost. I do know that Lumigan is less expensive than Latisse, even though they are the same medication.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Joe is stating Bimatoprost can regrow around 40%. It’s said that bimatoprost can turn vellus hairs into terminal hairs.. what does it mean exactly when a product can re grow 40%. Will it only regrow 40% of vellus hairs?
    Minoxidil also turns vellus hairs into terminal hairs. So does the laser comb. JFSI is very biased in favor of Allergen. As with everyone else, his bias is usually based on his own personal experience - which differs from mine.

Stating percentages does not hold much meaning without stating a baseline to compare them to. Does it mean 40% of the vellus hairs transform into terminal hairs - or does it mean overall density increases 40%? As you can see, whatever that baseline is can make a big difference. Using Minoxidil as an example; Minoxidil increases overall density about 10% - but that does not tell you what percentage of vellus hairs are transformed into terminal hairs to achieve that 10% increase in density. So without a point of comparison, that 40% statement is meaningless because it can be interpreted in different ways.

Tracy what is the difference between Latisse and Allergen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Tracy what is the difference between Latisse and Allergen?
    Latisse is the product Allergen is the company that makes it!