+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Also there will most likely be less sides, a huge factor for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Also there will most likely be less sides, a huge factor for many.
    Hey guys,

Something that worries me about Bimatoprost and Prostaglandin analogues in general is their potential to cause skin pigmentation. A lot of glaucoma patients putting this stuff in their eyes, don't just get their iris colour changed, they also have a pigmented eye lids, which is darker than their natural skin colour.

Now if we're putting much higher doses on much larger areas, the potential for patchy pigmentation is quite high. Now that wouldn't be a problem if you have hair, but what if (what if) for whatever reason you give up on this treatment and you lose your hair. Then you may have pigmentations all over your scalp!!

Let's hope I'm wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

Something that worries me about Bimatoprost and Prostaglandin analogues in general is their potential to cause skin pigmentation. A lot of glaucoma patients putting this stuff in their eyes, don't just get their iris colour changed, they also have a pigmented eye lids, which is darker than their natural skin colour.

Now if we're putting much higher doses on much larger areas, the potential for patchy pigmentation is quite high. Now that wouldn't be a problem if you have hair, but what if (what if) for whatever reason you give up on this treatment and you lose your hair. Then you may have pigmentations all over your scalp!!

Let's hope I'm wrong though
    Well they have to test it for what, 3 years right? I'm sure this will be tested in the trials.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...30&id=15734030

search bimatoprost

Soo, they still have not analyzed phase 2 results. They will finish analyzing results in feb/march. If results are much better than minoxidil (as expected) then they will start preparing for a phase 3 trial. If not they will start preparing for a Phase IIb trial with a stronger formulation.

Summary: We are about 3 years away from it being on the shelf. So who cares.

Good find, thanks for posting. 3 years still makes it about the nearest treatment on the horizon. Depressing as the thought is.

this is so damn annoying. Allergan will have the results analyzed by Jan/Feb, yet they will not share those results until a medical conference in JUNE?!?. I almost feel like big pharma loves to move at a snails pace. I give up on looking for new treatments.

It is a massive waste of time and mental energy.

FACT: No newer treatments will be available until atleast 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    this is so damn annoying. Allergan will have the results analyzed by Jan/Feb, yet they will not share those results until a medical conference in JUNE?!?. I almost feel like big pharma loves to move at a snails pace. I give up on looking for new treatments.

It is a massive waste of time and mental energy.

FACT: No newer treatments will be available until atleast 2019.
    2019? Let's not get too crazy. we're looking at 2015 for the early stuff(Bim), 2016-2017 for the crazier stuff(Histogen, aderans etc.)

2019 is 7 years, I dont think any clinical trials with positive results will last that long. If Bim continues with positive results, it's about 2, maybe 3 years away.

False.

I have done lots of research on Allergan and Bimatoprost. It is the only treatment I really see happening within 5 years.

1. Data wont even be public until June 2013 for phase II results
    2. If it is not significantly better than minoxidil they will do an entire phase IIB study and increase dosage (add 1.75 years)
    3. If it is successful they will do a phase III (add 2 years beginning in June 2013)
    4. FDA approval + commercializing product (1.5 years).

Therefore,

2017 if the P2 results are promising, which I am confident they will be if all they have to do is beat minoxidil's lousy effectiveness. Minoxidil = rat piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    False.

I have done lots of research on Allergan and Bimatoprost. It is the only treatment I really see happening within 5 years.

1. Data wont even be public until June 2013 for phase II results
    2. If it is not significantly better than minoxidil they will do an entire phase IIB study and increase dosage (add 1.75 years)
    3. If it is successful they will do a phase III (add 2 years beginning in June 2013)
    4. FDA approval + commercializing product (1.5 years).

Therefore,

2017 if the P2 results are promising, which I am confident they will be if all they have to do is beat minoxidil's lousy effectiveness. Minoxidil = rat piss.
    Confused on your math here. I was under the assumption a Phase III takes one year to complete not two. Also FDA approval takes a maximum of 9 months, not 1.5 years(doesnt take 6 months of commercials on top of that, maybe a few weeks.)

2016 at the latest for bim, you're looking at beyond a worse case scenario. Although I am curious about this IIb, what constitutes skipping IIb and going straight to III?

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Confused on your math here. I was under the assumption a Phase III takes one year to complete not two. Also FDA approval takes a maximum of 9 months, not 1.5 years(doesnt take 6 months of commercials on top of that, maybe a few weeks.)

2016 at the latest for bim, you're looking at beyond a worse case scenario. Although I am curious about this IIb, what constitutes skipping IIb and going straight to III?
    For the Phase 3 time I included the time it would take to forumlate the study, recruit subjects, do the study, and tabulate results.

okay maybe 1 year for FDA approval + commercialization

Phase 2 results will determine if they go to Phase 3 or do Phase 2B trial to improve results.

So....late 2016.

I wish you were right, i have high hopes for Bim. I KNOW it will be much more effective than minoxidil just based on the science behind it and its mechanism of action. Obviously Allergan agrees or the wouldnt spend millions doing these trials.