+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Aderans

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    So WHAT EXACTLY is he saying about this approach (which they intend to bring on the market)?
    Can you please complete my quote/sentence above? What exactly is he saying? Can you help me please to find out whether or not this shit will work for me?
    "And so this system will only work in people who have atrophic or miniaturized hair follicles... like in male pattern and female pattern... uhh... alopecia or hair loss or androgenetic allopecia... and the way we were able to pin down that mechanism is by injecting these male cells into that skin model..."

Quote Originally Posted by StinkySmurf View Post
    "And so this system will only work in people who have atrophic or miniaturized hair follicles... like in male pattern and female pattern... uhh... alopecia or hair loss or androgenetic allopecia... and the way we were able to pin down that mechanism is by injecting these male cells into that skin model..."
    Right, thanks.
    And what exactly is he saying in this scene ...

"We injected the whole area (blue circle in the pic) after injecting cells just into the 4 sample injection sites." - or something. Results?
    Then he is saying ...
    "Those follicles who have been miniaturized for the shortest period of time and which are most receptive (prone to) for such kinds of approaches …" - or something, right?
    Then he is saying something about skin samples from the trail subjects BEFORE they get cell-injections, to determine, whether or not a trail subject will be responsive for the treatment at all - right?
    Does it mean they are doing this to "manipulate" the final trail results? I mean, does it make sense doing such pre-testing? I mean, of course they will get better results, when they just inject just those trail subjects, which are still "receptive" for such treatments - right? wtf...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mesa-5.jpg

Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	19073  

Then he is saying something about skin samples from the trail subjects BEFORE they get cell-injections, to determine, whether or not a trail subject will be responsive for the treatment at all - right?
    Does it mean they are doing this to "manipulate" the final trail results? I mean, does it make sense doing such pre-testing? I mean, of course they will get better results, when they just inject just those trail subjects, which are still "receptive" for such treatments - right? wtf...
    Wow - IF I'm not completely wrong, the following (same) will happen as soon as this thingy is on the market ...

Dr. Cole wrote recently in another hairloss forum (in another context)...
    Here we go again with the argument about the advantage of adipose (fat) on the FUE grafts. This argument is as old at the one where novices like you tell us that patients need a FOX test first to see if they are candidates for FUE. We dispelled that theory in early 2003, yet you kept reporting that patients needed one. The Fox test was never necessary, but those who did not know how to do FUE needed a way to lure patients into their office for a FUE procedure. Then after the patient came in, the patient would have a FOX test that would show the follicle transection rate was too high so the patient would be told he needed a strip procedure. How do I know this happened? I had plenty of patients come to my office for a FUE procedure that had failed their FOX test, but they did not like the alternative – a strip procedure – so they came to see me. I did an FUE procedure on these patients with no problem.

Do you guys understand what I mean/predict with that?
    Perhaps this is just a paranoia - but I doubt I have paranoia...

Those follicles who have been miniaturized for the shortest period of time and which are most receptive (prone to) for such kinds of approaches …
    "here later you can see the increase in hair follicles and obviously... countable... if you think of the balding circle... this is the edge of the balding circle so there are more hair follicles here whereas here towards the center fewer hair follicles... and you can see here the ability of these cells to turn on hair follicles that had been miniaturized and had been over time reduced, over and over, the length and duration of their anagen cycle"

We injected the whole area (blue circle in the pic) after injecting cells just into the 4 sample injection sites.
    Later we started injecting this whole balding area after we would inject the four square centimeters that we were gonna track with macrophotography.

"here later you can see the increase in hair follicles and obviously... countable... if you think of the balding circle... this is the edge of the balding circle so there are more hair follicles here whereas here towards the center fewer hair follicles... and you can see here the ability of these cells to turn on hair follicles that had been miniaturized and had been over time reduced, over and over, the length and duration of their anagen cycle"
    Thanks StinkySmurf.
    Could you please make a short transcript of the "skin sample thingy" I mentioned in my previous post? I think this part is pretty interesting ...

I'm talking about this thingy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mesa-6.jpg

Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	19074  

Do you guys understand what I mean/predict with that?
    Perhaps this is just a paranoia - but I doubt I have paranoia...
    They filed the patent below for the pre-screen, but I don't think the scenario is the same as the fox test. Yes, they will try to sell you a HT if you can't get HM, and honestly, at thats the point where they probably should, but in my mind the pre-screen is what prevented people from moving forward in the past because your need 10 happy customers for every 1 unhappy customer so think of how hard it will be to market something that only works half the time. Your customers are going to get pretty pissed when they give a 1cm biopsy, and it doesn't work. You can give them a refund when it doesn't work, but then that effects your profit model, and it still doesn't fix the problem that your negative responses outweigh the positive ones.

http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/...nt_7985537.pdf

Your customers are going to get pretty pissed when they give a 1cm² biopsy, and it doesn't work. You can give them a refund when it doesn't work, but then that effects your profit model, and it still doesn't fix the problem that your negative responses outweigh the positive ones.
    Same thoughts here. And guess what:
    They will get this on the market - for sure. And now guess how much just this TEST will cost a patient ... they will ALWAYS make a profit. But surely not always each and every patient.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Desmond, I have to ask again..

"Replicel, Aderans, Follica & Intercytex have all folded!"
    "It's all over I think! Baldness will not be cured in this decade"
    Based upon WHAT exactly Desmond?
    Artista, I'm so sorry for being so negative last night! Finding out about Aderans giving up their DP protocol really got me down! It was confirmed both by Boldy & IronMan and Dr. Nigam & Lauster!!!!

If their DP model was coming out, we would get to keep our remaining hair forever! so you can imagine my frustration when you find out they cheaped out just so they can make more money quicker

So here's what I mean:
    - Replicel: Achieved 6% regrowth in most trial subjects. Now although the regrowth rate was low (Minoxidil: 10% & Fin: 15-20%), Replicel has the potential to immunise your follicles against DHT! Now, here's the problems:
    a) Replicel has minimal funding and after releasing their recent results, their shares dropped in price by 300%!
    b) Assuming they will try and improve their formula, they will try to conduct another Phase 2 results. This will push their product launch date back to at least 2017-2018.

- Aderans: Ji gami will cost at least $10,000-15,000. And that's just being optimistic. Now, I was happy to pay that knowing I will get to keep my hair for a very long time to come since my DP cells will be immune to DHT! But what they're doing now is different. They seem to be rejuvenating your hairs so that they grow again. They will then be like you should jump on Finasteride to keep this hair or it will miniaturise again! In such a case, would you pay them that kind of money?

- Intercytex: this company which was really well funded by UK government reached great heights and produced considerable amount of hair! But in 2008, recession hit Europe and their funding got pulled! So they shut down. Then, Aderans bought this company in order to gain their patents and research. But instead of using them, Aderans simply kept it on their shelves to prevent future competition!

- Follica: a company that had probably the most proactive scientist involved in hair loss (Dr Costralis) associated with it. Unfortunately, Follica finished their Phase 2 results in 2010 and never went into Phase 3. Dr Costralis then moved on with his PGD2 adventures and no new information about Follica has been released ever since!

Now, all we're left with are:
    - Hair transplants
    - Histogen

I wanna be psyched up about Tsuji Lab and Dr. Lauster. But their technique is a mammoth of a task compared to Replicel and Aderans. So, based on what we've gone through with Aderans/Relicel,I really don't know if they'll be successful in bringing out a solution before most of the guys on this forum turn 45-50!

I had so much hope for Aderans.....so much. Unfortunately, when a company releases very limited information over 11 years, you find yourself searching in the dark for a power switch that was never there!

I really want to be optimistic but I don't know how! I've been down this whole weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post

I had so much hope for Aderans.....so much.
    Not just you ...

But hey hey ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    - Aderans: J
    They seem to be rejuvenating your hairs so that they grow again. They will then be like you should jump on Finasteride to keep this hair or it will miniaturise again!
    Even so, and IF this works what you describe, this would be superb for lots of guys out there. Maybe there will be something similar to Propecia in the meanwhile, but not that "risky" or problematic for patients. So the point is - HOW MUCH of your still existing hair will they indeed be able to "rejuvenate".

If it works, but just for an uncertain time or if you still need additional meds OR consecutive procedures etc, then it will be rather a question about the involved costs all in all over a period of time. In this case, I would rather go for transplants.