Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulr1988
    • May 2012

Curious what norwood scale I am. Hairline corners receding for about a year

23 year old been receding for almost a year at the temples. Definitely miniaturizing toward the corners and hair is much finer than before. It seems to be getting worse month by month. I'm pretty sure I'm between a Norwood 2 And 3 but would like to get some feedback. Much appreciated. I have super thick and wavy hair when long but it's becoming harder to hide the hairline corner recession. By the way, I have been using propecia for 3 months and my father has maintained his hair for over 10 years using propecia. On the other hand, he was only experiencing crown loss with absolutely zero hairline recession. I would say he has a norwood 1 his entire life. It might be hard to notice but I can tell based off how I used to style my hair, trust me I would not be on these boards if I did not feel I had reason for concern. Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

I've never been good at telling NW's, but I would guess you're a NW2?

Comment

• Paulr1988
      • May 2012

Norwood 2? thanks for the response. That's what I figured, I just do not want it to progress if possible, so hopefully propecia will maintain.

Comment

• Paulr1988
        • May 2012

Does anyone think it might be a norwood 3, because I know it soon will be if it's not already and these medications do not work?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

If you're a norwood 3, then i'd hate to think what that makes me. Am I Norwood 4 or 5 at 23. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Paulr1988
            • May 2012

I might not be there yet but I'm just worried it will get worst. If I can maintain I'll be perfectly satisfied because it looks "mature" still and basically normal to the average person and hasn't progressed to the point where it's noticeable. I've never gotten a comment from anyone so I might be a bit paranoid.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

This is a norwood 3.

I'm not even there, so there's no way you're a norwood 3.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

You know what, I really don't know, I might be a norwood 3. Maybe. I don't know, i'd have to show pictures of my hair loss and have people who know more than me tell me what I am. But I know your not a norwood 3, and I could even be wrong about you being a norwood 2.

Comment

• Paulr1988
                  • May 2012

yeah man it seems really hard to tell, I guess it just depends on who you ask.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

I wonder if I should just post my pics I just took on this thread, or make a separate thread?

Comment

• Paulr1988
                      • May 2012

Patientlywaiting:

The first is what it normal looks like (without pulling it back) which pretty much shows zero balding to the average person. The second shot shows the widows peak, which I have always had but it very clear that I am experiencing MPB. The third shot is just a closeup of my hair normally. So I am probably a Norwood 2
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Paulr1988
                        • May 2012

It's up to you, but I would be interested in seeing what level you are....

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

Just took this pic. This is my "bad" temple from the side.

2 years ago it was worse.

Comment

• Paulr1988
                            • May 2012

Dude to me, it barely looks like you're balding. Are you taking propecia, if so for how long and has it maintained or regrown?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                              • Jan 2011

Okay, my internet connection was acting slow. Wait, you haven't seen anything yet. Let me keep showing you, you haven't seen the worst part which is my hair line.

This is my left temple.

This is the bad part of my hair loss, the hair line.

Comment

Working...