Spencer Kobren Interviews Replicel's CEO Concerning Latest Clinical Trial Results

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

Low & behold... technology improves:

My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.

Comment

• jman91
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by UK_
      This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

Low & behold... technology improves:

My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.

the daily mail is full of drivel

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
        It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.

Comment

• sickly_burnt_tree_forest
          • Jan 2012

I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by sickly_burnt_tree_forest
            I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it
            Really? Personally I wasn't terribly impressed by David Hall in this interview.

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
              It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.
              I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...

Comment

• kaandereli
                • Jan 2012

i really wonder what will 12 months show us.like histogen, replicel will probably get exponential increase after 1 year.12% vellus growth is sth that cannot be overlooked.

Comment

• kaandereli
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kiwi
                  I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...
                  that's an important point.d.hall in interview said that there are many other techniques and replicel's is just one of them.so he implied that a cure to baldness requires combination of different technqiues.when all products will come to market , maybe in 2015-2016, we are gonna need to buy all of them.

Comment

• Hair Bear
                    • Feb 2012

and if that is to be the case then there will need to be some sort of research as to test if it is indeed possible to use all three, I don't want to rain on your parade but these three methods may not play nice together.

All in all its not as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.

Comment

• Papillion
                      • Nov 2011

Oh no.

Please don't start on the over speculation again people, that kind of desperate guesswork had people practically booking time off work within the next few years based on assumptions.

I'm all for optimism but it only leads to erratic swings in emotion which is no good for anyone. Let the results do the speaking and stop tilting at windmills.

Replicel might, in time, become your guardian in the battle against hairloss. At this point in time it's nothing, but it's trying to be something. Give it space.

Comment

• WillhasWill
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by kaandereli
                        so he implied that a cure to baldness requires combination of different technqiues.when all products will come to market , maybe in 2015-2016, we are gonna need to buy all of them.
                        He did not imply that a cure to baldness requires a combination of different techniques, unless we listened to different interviews.

He merely stated what we all know, the current companies who are working on the regeneration of hair follicles are using different methods. Simply, there are different routes to take to regenerate hair. Until clinical trials are complete for all of these companies no one will know which is the best method.

Speculating that we may be using all 3 treatments is ridiculous.

Also, am I right that David Hall is not a scientist? His skills lie in leadership and management and although he will be very knowledgeable about his industry he genuinely only really knows as much as what he is told himself? A great interview would be with the scientists working in Replicel's lab, the actual people trying to cure baldness.

Comment

• Hair Bear
                          • Feb 2012

^ this was my understanding also but it was only my intention to invoke the thought that perhaps it is unwise to use all three.

I'm sure that a few people will never be happy with their results and will seek additional improvements despite how spectacular the results, therefore at some stage the question of compatibility may arise... lets face it I'm sure there are a few people on this forum that have tried a number of things and will try a great deal more in the future in order to reach their goal and also to keep the fight up rather than feel helpless in any case I'd like to thank everyone at replicel for their efforts and continual effort in solving this mystery.

Comment

• Kirby_
                            • Jan 2012

Hall sounds really downbeat and depressed in that interview.

Comment

• WillhasWill
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Hair Bear
                              I'd like to thank everyone at replicel for their efforts and continual effort in solving this mystery.
                              Good man, I don't think replicel get enough appreciation on these forums. They owe no body anything yet so many people have the attitude that Replicel is their god given right to a baldness cure.

To David Hall and everyone else at Replicel, thank you for all you do and I hope that you are successful at bringing to market an impressive alternative treatment for baldness.

Comment

• Conpecia
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by WillhasWill
                                Good man, I don't think replicel get enough appreciation on these forums. They owe no body anything yet so many people have the attitude that Replicel is their god given right to a baldness cure.

To David Hall and everyone else at Replicel, thank you for all you do and I hope that you are successful at bringing to market an impressive alternative treatment for baldness.
                                This is a bit over the top. They are a company driven by economic incentives. It's not like they're making this out of the goodness of their hearts and giving it to us for free. While I do realize they are heavily criticized around here, often unfairly, I can understand why someone who invested in them after relying on all of the hype that's been building up this year would be upset given these results.

Anyways, as far as the battle lines being drawn between Replicel and Gho, that's absolutely futile. They are not mutually exclusive. Why should people side with one against the other? Personally I believe that following GC83UK's progress over the next year or so will tell me what I need to know about Gho.

Returning to Replicel, I am disappointed that there were not stronger results but optimistic that the results will improve over time. The question is how much improvement over how much time? It annoys me to read people claiming that this is good news. It is not good news. It is simply not the worst case scenario.

Comment

Working...