+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    PRP just hasnt lived up to its initial hype IMO.

Total fail.
    This is absolutely not correct and I addressed this question in previous posts. We will be presenting independent results by various physicians in Anchorage on cellular therapy in AGA, AA and DL ( Discoid Lupus). JG

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    PRP just hasnt lived up to its initial hype IMO.

Total fail.
    Yes i have to agree here, this has been going a while now and if it was helping people there would be results as in pictures, and a lot more people would be having PRP treatment just by word of mouth alone. It would not stay a secret for long people would be all over this, but i guess it's made people some money knowing how desperate the situation is for hair loss sufferers and knowing we will pay for stuff even if there is no real proof of efficacy.

Saying this though i'm glad things are being tried to help us, but i'm getting so fed up of this hair loss affliction now, it's always 5 to 10 years away for a cure and anything that is out just simply isn't helping us. Come on science hurry up and give us a viable option.

It works for some but not all. I think there is a bit of a placebo effect involved.
    That said I think Dr. DeYarmen has actually shown some above average results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Joseph F. Greco View Post
    This is absolutely not correct and I addressed this question in previous posts. We will be presenting independent results by various physicians in Anchorage on cellular therapy in AGA, AA and DL ( Discoid Lupus). JG
    Hey Dr. Greco, first off I really respect you for working on all of these cellular therapies to regrow hair. So many people like me would love to regrow hair without the permanent scarring of a hair transplant. So my question is: will PRP have any significant benefit on its own? Or will it just augment the results of a hair transplant?

I just don't understand the proposed mechanism of action with PRP as a standalone procedure and I haven't seen an undeniable result yet where it's not up for debate whether this stuff worked or not. It has growth factors sure, but if the progenitor cells are defective and the DHT triggers the signalling process for the follicles and hairs to miniturise I don't see how PRP can circumvent this problem. Now if it is in fact doing something to revive the progenitor cells and support the dermal papillae then it may well work but I'm skeptical and don't see how this is real cellular therapy. With the growth factors I could understand if it was prolonging the anagen phase in much the same way many believe minoxidil to work. In this instance, with a longer anagen phase, more hairs could be in this part of the cycle at the one time and thus someone's head of hair could appear to have more volume while the they're still actually balding and the hairs are miniturising simply because there's less hairs in the telogen phase.

I'm not at all convinced and I'd categorise this stuff to be pseudoscience along with LLLT. Of course if it can be shown otherwise clinically and scientifically I'd be delighted as would everyone else. I don't think PRP works. It's not dealing with speeding up recovery of a traditional injury. That's all PRP does anyway as far as I'm aware. Tiger Woods used PRP to speed up recovery from a knee injury. The knee would have healed anyway but the PRP just better faciliatated the process. You could make the case that it speeds up recovery and helps provide robust growth when coupled with a HT. That would make sense but as a standalone procedure where people are just getting injections to the scalp I really don't see how it can work and thus far there's no proven results I know of to support it.

Seems ridiculously expensive for what it is too. If it is doing anything it's no more effective than minoxidil but if people want to spunk money on this stuff by all means go ahead. I really want to be wrong on this and hopefully someone shows me that I am.

Default Hair Regrowth PRP Medical procedure

Dear Doctor I appreciated your great effort in PRP Hair Treatment .well I have few questions with you ?

Questions:
    explain the step by step Hair Regrowth PRP Medical procedure
    Pre preparation
    Which anticoagulant is the best one?
    What's the centrifuges timing and RPM for 15ml tube
    Topical anesthesia is enough ?
    Before injection PRP need a Calcium activation or without can do ?
    Can we use calcium gluconate 10%?
    Before after Prp Injection topically can we apply Calcium? Or mix with PRP before Injection?
    Plz kindly share your experience
    Thank you
    Dr.Domnic

Good points that FDR is making about PRP as a stand alone procedure, or in the prevention of future loss (inhibition of DHT).

I am seeing way too many guys seeing this as an "alternative" to finasteride and that's a huge misconception.

Guys, do not think choosing PRP is the answer to resolving your hairloss.

To date, finasteride (Propecia) is still the single most effective medication in effectively slowing down the progression of MPB. period!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi guys from the other side of the Atlantic !! Read not so long ago an article in which PRP meant injecting high concentration of DHT in reception areas, confronting with Dr.Greco´s proposals. Anybody has further information on this ? Think I read it here but I´m unable to find it Thanks !!

This is something that was brought up on the Internet a year ago and addressed, but it is not scientifically relevant. In our clinical experience over the past 4 years and others who are utilizing cellular therapy no one has reported negative side effects in this regard or any side effects for that matter. This really is a non issue so rest comfortably this does not negatively effect treatments. JG

Thanks for the answer !! My question is more on the theoretical side of the treatment as in theory, we are using high quantities of DHT right ? thx again !!