+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    Dr. Greco -- have one follow-up question. Before my PRP treatment I was micro-needling with a 0.25 mm micro-needle 3x per week and had some good results. Is it safe to resume micro-needling after PRP?
    Absolutely, we encourage stimulation to promote the Stat 3 before and after the treatment. Thanks,
    JG

Dr. Greco,

did you get my email about measuring hair counts in patients you treat with prp?

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    updates from dr greco would be great....spencer can you help with this?
    I have no new PRP hair updates at this point. We have been working on a number of new products in wound care and have been quite involved in testing the past few months. Last week we had a patent issure for bone regeneration by using PRP in bone grafts.
    Regarding your question of "follow up objective follow up testing on our patients", we have not done more follow up studies on our treated patientrs. I can report that many patients have been quite pleased with their results thus far. We have been trying to set up a larger independent hair study in that regard and will share that when it is implemented and finalized. There are other independent studies ongoing regarding PRP and hair survival regarding utilization of PRP in hair restoration surgery that will come our in the next year. Thanks for your interest. JG

Dr. Greco,

Would it be safe to say then that most of your treated patients have just as much (if not more) hair as they had prior to treatment?

will do on the pix.

Dr. Greco - is the shedding of small hairs 10-12 weeks after PRP common. It is a very strange occurrence - the hairs are all about the same length and very thin.

Dear MG, waiting for the answer of Dr Greco I think that the shedding of miniaturized hairs is a good signal, because they're the first hair to fall if a therapy is effective and probabily they will be thicker in the next hair cicle ( the same thing happend with every effectiveness treatment).

It's also a reasonable time, coz if you think well, minoxidil after 3 months (12 weeks) begin giving shedding and in the 4th and 5th months you begin to see results.

I cross fingers for you!

p.s. remember the pictures!

Sorry MG63, are you the user which used Dermaheal lotion and had interesting results?
    I found searching in google a user with the same nickname and he talked in many topics about Dermaheal, that's why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    Dr. Greco - is the shedding of small hairs 10-12 weeks after PRP common. It is a very strange occurrence - the hairs are all about the same length and very thin.

The shedding is a good sign IMHO.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Dr. Greco, I took a skim through this thread once before but I can't recall if/where this question was answered so I apologize in advance.

I watched the video of the inject of PRP. If I wanted PRP injected across my entire scalp (not just one smaller area) could more blood be taken for more PRP? In the video only 50cc of blood are taken and I know when I donate blood they take about a pint. Thank you!