+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koenigseggkoenigsegg View Post
    Hello Dr Greco,

I've heard that the prohairclinic in Belgium is going to offer PRP in the end of september after having spoken to Drs, who already are performing PRP. Have they spoken to you? If so, are they going to use the same techniques that you offer/did they learn from you, how to apply PRP?

Is it really necessary to cut the hair down to one inch? I have long hair and would like to keep them long.

Thanks for your help!
    Greetings from Germany
    Thank you for your question. They have not spoken to me and I have not trained anyone in that particular clinic, but I understand they are doing PRP for hair treatments. In my experience it is not necessary to cut your hair as we do many females with this procedure and besides why decrease aesthetic density? Best,
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    Hi Dr.Greco,

I am a 38 year old female who started to lose hair 2 years ago at an accelerated rate once my spironolactone dosage (originally prescribed for acne) was halved from 75 mg's to 37.5 mg's. This seemed to either kickstart or uncover what I have been told is androgenic alopecia. Since then I have had my dosage upped to 150 mg's a day but it doesn't seem to be slowing down the hair loss. I also am getting some spiderweb -like hairs that fall out which tells me the follicles are dying.
    I live in Vancouver, B.C. and can only seem to find the name of one person (Dr. Moonsang Choi, a naturopath) who performs this therapy on patients. Are you familiar with his work and do you know of anyone else in the Pacific Northwest that is skilled at performing this procedure ?

I know of someone who just came down and got the procedure done by you and had a very positive experience. If finances allowed, I'd jump on a plane to Tampa too.

Thanks for your time,
    Lyric
    Hi Lyric, I am not familiar with Dr Choi and his PRP technique or procedure and unfortunately we have not trained anyone in the Pacific Northwest. I suggest calling my office and getting the specifics and more information. In the meantime, please feel free to send an online consultation from my web site and send photos of your hair wet for evaluation. This way we can communicate directly. Cordially, JG

Hello Dr. Greco,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS, and I've been loosing a lot of hair for the last 4 years. I feel as I'm quickly running out of options at the moment. None of the medications I've been on have worked. I'm current using Rogaine for men, I'm not seeing any results from that either. I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for PRP? I would also like to know how I would find a local doctor in my area. I live in Southern California.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by yourrsunshine29@aol.com View Post
    Hello Dr. Greco,

I have been diagnosed with PCOS, and I've been loosing a lot of hair for the last 4 years. I feel as I'm quickly running out of options at the moment. None of the medications I've been on have worked. I'm current using Rogaine for men, I'm not seeing any results from that either. I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for PRP? I would also like to know how I would find a local doctor in my area. I live in Southern California.

Thank you.
    Hello yoursunshine This is quite interesting because while PCOS is associated with platelet dysfunction the use of PRP in your condition should not be an issue. Think of a platelet as a sealed envelope containing growth factors inside. When platelets are exposed to thrombin, which is released by the body, they change shape and "stick" to the the thrombin mesh, so the other important duty of platelets is for hemostasis or stopping bleeding. So in other words the envelope becomes sticky.
    In PCOS the platelet dysfunction has to do with the "stickiness" of the envelop, so to speak and not the GF's that are inside the envelope so the GF's are there and can be released.
    If you have tried the other traditional therapies then this could be an alternative for you. Best, JG

Thank you for your reply. What would be my next step?

Quote Originally Posted by yourrsunshine29@aol.com View Post
    Thank you for your reply. What would be my next step?
    Hello yourrsunshine simply call my office. Barb can give you details and assist you. 727 791-3830 Best,JG

Default PRP and fungus

Dr. Greco, would PRP have any benefit for those with hair-loss due to fungus growth?

pipsnum

Quote Originally Posted by pipsnum View Post
    Dr. Greco, would PRP have any benefit for those with hair-loss due to fungus growth?

pipsnum
    Hello pipsum. PRP does not have anti fungal properties so unfortunately it would not help with hair loss do to fungal infections. Thanks JG

hello dr greco i would like to make an appoinment with you,do you have your office in clearwater or sarasota fl?

Quote Originally Posted by chiko View Post
    hello dr greco i would like to make an appoinment with you,do you have your office in clearwater or sarasota fl?
    Hello chiko I have offices in both places but suggest coming to Clearwater since flights are cheaper and more options coming into Tampa. Contact Barb at my office for specifics and she can coordinate scheduling for you. In the meantime go to my web site fill out a remote consultation and send photos of your hair wet. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you. Best, JG