Threaded View

Smile A Day in the Life of FUE Hair Transplant with Dr Wood – Week 2 - Photos

So, on Monday I finally got back to work and it was the first time that I really left my house in the last 12 days since having my procedure. Only the night before I removed all my scabs which the scab was still a little hard even at day 11.

As I stare into the mirror the only things I am really concerned with is whether someone will find out. Let me say that it looks good, nearly undetectable but there is still a little redness in the recipient area.

At this point in time I am putting some bio oil on at night which is an all natural oil to help the skin repair. It is mostly used for scars.

My first few steps into work I feel a little nervous but as soon as I see my boss we begin to chat. He says nothing, and I continue to my job. That was day 12.

Now more than two weeks in I will let the pictures speak for themselves. My donor area looks normal, while the recipient area is slightly red in comparison to the rest of my buzz cut head.

These photos were taken at day 16, had my hair cut on day 11 buzz cut 3.

As for results I really can not tell… I only had 500 grafts this time, which should double my density in the middle. But with my hair so short who knows. Now comes the game of being patient and seeing what happens.

Note: On day 15 my forehead felt a little stiff. I am not sure if its me just being a hypochondriac or whether I should have been concerned. I also felt a slight burning in the recipient area. This occurred for about 2 hours, but passed. Once again I could really be dreaming it all up, because I know once you focus on something your mind can play tricks on you.

I am finalizing my booking for my next 500 grafts with Dr Wood, sometime in late June early July.

I must admit one of the greatest feelings is waking up each day to look at your hair knowing things should (fingers cross) get better. I will write about this in a separate post but I thought I would quickly share it here.