X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

Sometimes romance induces heavy sweating too... Just sayin'

Dermmatch does hold up through it.

Dermmatch is like any other makeup. Practice makes perfect. In the beginning there is a tendency to use much to much of it. Over time and with practice you learn how much is enough and how much is too much.

Comment

• drybone
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
      Sometimes romance induces heavy sweating too... Just sayin'

Dermmatch does hold up through it.

Dermmatch is like any other makeup. Practice makes perfect. In the beginning there is a tendency to use much to much of it. Over time and with practice you learn how much is enough and how much is too much.
      Can I ask you Tracy, what exactly do you do? Just 'paint ' it onto your hair and then comb it when dry?

How much volume difference does it really make? A lot?

Comment

• topcat
        • May 2009

Hey Elmer here is a suggestion for you. I have tried most of the concealers over the years and never liked dermatch. I prefer a spray on concealer and my experience is that they work better. Personally I use Prothik. In my opinion the correct way to apply the product is to spray it on to the scalp while the hair is wet. What you should be trying to do is matte the surface of the scalp to reduce the reflection of light. Then when you comb your hair any spray on the hair strand itself will come off with a wet comb while also rinsing that same comb off repeatedly. Be careful not to rub the scalp with the teeth of the comb.

By applying the product this way you do not lose the natural highlights of the hair which gives it a very natural appearance. The matte chalky appearance when applied to the hair strand itself looks very fake and unnatural.

You can check out my thread “Follow My Major Repair” as I have photos posted with just a minimal amount of hair using concealer and you will better understand what I have posted here.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by drybone
          Can I ask you Tracy, what exactly do you do? Just 'paint ' it onto your hair and then comb it when dry?
          I actually put it in while my hair is still a little damp. That seems to me to work the best. It doesn't seem to work as well if I put it in while my hair is dry. The length of my hair may be the reason for that. I'm not sure. My hair is past my shoulders now. Actually, my cartoon avatar is pretty accurate to how my hair looks in real life.

Originally posted by drybone
          How much volume difference does it really make? A lot?
          None of the concealers do anything meaningful for volume. Well, not to a woman at least. I have enough hair now to be able to achieve an acceptible "average day" look of volume without Dermmatch though. Dermmatch just makes it look like I have normal female density - but does nothing for volume. I can see where a guy might be able to achieve an acceptible look of volume with Dermmatch though.

I do still wear a topper for more dressy occasions. My topper gives me that female volume that I want for such occasions. But for my typical daily grooming, I use Dermmatch. I don;t want to wear a topper every day. Besides I mountain bike. I certainly don't want to be wearing a topper under my mountain bike helmet. Haha

Comment

• drybone
            • Dec 2012

Tracy thank you so much for your replies. You are great

Can I ask one more thing? I am getting the impression its applied like 'painting' your hair and then it thickens it.

Do they ever give small samples for people to try ?

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

Well, I did more research and even though its $47 bucks, I feel that there has been more than enough positive feedback to give it a shot.

So I ordered it in medium brown. Cant wait till my disc gets here !

Comment

• JMac
                • Apr 2012

Dermatch is good stuff. Looks like i have twice as much hair on top when using it. Put it on dry and dont use very much.

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
                  • Jul 2012

itchy scalp

Does anybody else get an itchy scalp when using toppik, even though you wash it off in the evening ?

Comment

• drybone
                    • Dec 2012

I dont have much experience with it yet. It never seemed itchy to me but I haven't had it long.

Comment

• Jack21
                      • Sep 2010

terrible itching, yes

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
                      Does anybody else get an itchy scalp when using toppik, even though you wash it off in the evening ?
                      Absolutely. One of the reasons I decided to stop with the concealers and shave my head was the constant itching and irritation. That said I have since realized that it was an issue of dry scalp. If you apply it each morning and remove it in the evening be sure to use ample amounts of moisturizer. This may help.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
                        I never got an itchy scalp from Toppik when I was using it.

Comment

• Jack21
                          • Sep 2010

a bit of clarification

Originally posted by Tracy C
                          I never got an itchy scalp from Toppik when I was using it.
                          I am just guessing but I was probably using far more than you were. I used to apply a layer of couvre first, comb my hair forward, and then apply the toppik. I must have had a half pound of junk in my hair on a daily basis. When I first began with the toppik I was living in a northern, cool climate. It made things a lot easier. I then moved to S. Florida and things began to become really sticky (figuratively and literally). So, to be absolutely honest I do not recall the toppik being a cause of irritation or itching in the very beginning. As the years passed and I had to use more (and moved from a cool climate to a hot, humid one) irritation especially in the form of itching became an issue. It became so much of an issue that I had to stop. I still wish every day that I could go back to toppik or a combination of dermatch/couvre with toppik but I have just gone too thin on top now. It is unfortunate. Toppik is like magic.

Comment

• TheSuburbs
                            • Jun 2012

I am thinking of getting some DermMatch however I cut my hair short at 1mm, I don't have any bald spots what so ever just general thinning, would it be worth using?

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheSuburbs
                              I am thinking of getting some DermMatch however I cut my hair short at 1mm, I don't have any bald spots what so ever just general thinning, would it be worth using?
                              If you can match your color well, it can really do wonders. You can also try one of the Keratin fiber products. like Nanogen or Toppik. You have to experiment with the stuff before you go out into the world, but these products can really make your hair look great if applied properly.

Comment

• Tara101
                                • Apr 2015

Aquamatch from Nanogen is the best alternative for Dermmatch. Easy to use and water resistant.

Comment

Working...