Attention All Balding Males: Resveratrol To Your Rescue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2012

Attention All Balding Males: Resveratrol To Your Rescue

All balding males pay attention. Put two-and-two together here. Resveratrol is potentially a remedy for baldness. Researchers have found that balding scalp areas exhibit high levels of an inflammatory agent called prostaglandin D2 (PDG2). See the first reference posted below. PGD2 inhibitors would serve to preserve hair growth. Why wait for expensive medicines? Resveratrol strong suppresses PGD2 at low concentration, as evidenced in the second reference provided below. Maybe resveratrol pills should be sold with a comb.

turns out it's true:

• cleverusername
    • Nov 2011

good find man

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
      • Oct 2011

Quick Google search turns up that theres been a potentially known connection as far back as 2006/2007.

Interesting to hear a more specific connection with a new known link.

Time to drink up!

Comment

• greatjob!
        • Aug 2011

What are the doses of resveratrol used in the study? Usually mice studies use astronomically high amounts of a substance during a test. Obviously the amount that is currently available is not enough or the millions of bald men that take resveratrol would have hair.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
          or the millions of bald men that take resveratrol would have hair.
          mhm? Not that many people take resveratrol...

Comment

• Gjm127
            • Mar 2012

hmm... what is Resveratrol? How did it first enter the balding world as a potential cure anyway?

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

capsures, specifically marketed as a baldness treatment. has been known for years on other forums, ive never tried it though.

Comment

• Sogeking
                • Feb 2011

I ain't putting any pill or drug inside of me until there are detailed human clinical trials and atleast a few years of usage and good testemonials from people who have been using it.

Comment

• greatjob!
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                  sure they do. It's in every drug store, grocery store, suppliment store in the world. At GNC it sits right at the register. The tv and magazines were flooded with stores years back about the benifits of resveratrol for heart health when they found that it may be the reason the French have unusually low incidence of heart disease and people have been pushing it ever since as a miracle suppliment

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
                    I ain't putting any pill or drug inside of me until there are detailed human clinical trials and atleast a few years of usage and good testemonials from people who have been using it.
                    not a pill. not a drug. Just some supplement that supposedly helps fight aging and improves your heart health.
                    All that matters is that apparently it also lowers your PGD2 levels which would be very good for your hair.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                      You don't have to take resveratrol or drink red wine to get it. All you have to do is eat a peanut butter sandwich every day. One peanut butter sandwich has just as much resveratrol in it as red wine.

Really

Comment

• vamaqua
                        • Feb 2010

Taking resveratrol for over 2 years, hair still falling out!

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

Ha ha. I love peanut butter. I have eaten at least one peanut butter sandwich almost every day of my life. So I have been getting plenty of resveratrol almost every day of my life. Yet here I am - hanging out in an online support forum with a bunch a bald dudes and listening to the bald show every Sunday evening.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by vamaqua
                            Taking resveratrol for over 2 years, hair still falling out!
                            maybe your hair loss is just that aggressive... anyways, resveratrol is not supposed to replaced finasteride. We're just discussing here whether it's worth adding to our existing regimens.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                              • Feb 2011

With regards to resveratrol, that's a good find 20/20. I'm not sure that taking it every day in a pill format would affect hair growth, but I often wonder if things like resveratrol were injected into a bald/balding area of the scalp, then it might have some hair growth effect, especially since it appears to be prostaglandin D2 inhibitor. If resveratrol is ingested, it gets circulated throughout the entire body and only a fraction of the resveratrol in the pill gets "circulated" to the hair to stimulate hair growth. Yet I wonder what would happen if a localized injection of resveratrol were injected to the bald/balding areas of the scalp. Then the resveratrol (which is supposedly a prostaglandin D2 inhibitor) would be limited to point where its supposed to have an effect on. Same goes for things curcumin or that tocotrienol.

Comment

Working...