PGD2 causes hair loss according to Dr. Cotsarelis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoSox
    • Jun 2010

Well, does this reverse baldness on bald scalps or just slow hair loss down?

We should know the awnser to this by now, considering this is suppose to "be on the shelves" in less than 2 years.

Comment

• Pentarou
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BoSox
      Well, does this reverse baldness on bald scalps or just slow hair loss down?

We should know the awnser to this by now, considering this is suppose to "be on the shelves" in less than 2 years.
      It's not, that 2 years notion was created by poor quality journalism. Cotsarelis noted on his website that it would be 2 years before clinical trials could start, best case scenario.

There has been no success with experimental users trying these "PGD2 blockers" on themselves, but then they are very likely to have substances that don't work, at the wrong doses, with inappropriate chemical vehicles, so it is best not to read too much into the tinkerings of amateurs.

Comment

• Conpecia
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
        It's not, that 2 years notion was created by poor quality journalism. Cotsarelis noted on his website that it would be 2 years before clinical trials could start, best case scenario.

There has been no success with experimental users trying these "PGD2 blockers" on themselves, but then they are very likely to have substances that don't work, at the wrong doses, with inappropriate chemical vehicles, so it is best not to read too much into the tinkerings of amateurs.
        Woah I wouldn't say no success, just not mind-blowing success. And I think it's mainly because of dose or vehicle rather than ineffectiveness. Def seen it have an effect on hairloss.

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

It definitely plays a part of the puzzle it seems, but we need some actual scientists with knowledge on this stuff to do some actual trials.

we can try and randomly do it ourselves but we're just guessing with the dose and vehicles.

early trials can maybe give us a better idea, as it seems like PGD2 isn't that expensive to get on the grey market.

Comment

• Pentarou
            • Apr 2013

I agree, once clinical trials are underway, we should at least have an inkling about doses, vehicles and so forth. Unfortunately, most experimentalists know a lot less about applied science than they believe themselves to.

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

Beside experimental drugs that may do god knows what to your body, Fin and Minox will be our only saviors folks. Period. And what a non-savior treatment they are.

Nothing on this site or from research gathered makes me think otherwise. Specifically in the near future. Tired of reading about future treatments yet hear crickets when it comes to follow-ups, results, or expected release time frames.

It's been how long since Fin and Rogaine been on the market and yet we still refer to those as our "main options." It's deflating to say the least

Comment

• clarence
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                Beside experimental drugs that may do god knows what to your body, Fin and Minox will be our only saviors folks. Period. And what a non-savior treatment they are.
                God cares. My body is your temple, if you can give me more hair.

Comment

• rdawg
                  • Jun 2012

Nothing on this site or from research gathered makes me think otherwise. Specifically in the near future. Tired of reading about future treatments yet hear crickets when it comes to follow-ups, results, or expected release time frames.

It's been how long since Fin and Rogaine been on the market and yet we still refer to those as our "main options." It's deflating to say the least
                  pretty morose

regulations mean its always going to be at least 3-5 years away its the nature of the industry.

but if you think they havent been making advances I'd say you're looking at this in a really negative light.

We've made ALOT of strides and there are at least two products in trials right now that can do much more than Fin/Min can for growth(Bim and Histogen) or at least that's what is said around town.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's not extremely close, but we're definitely getting closer to it.

Comment

• Pentarou
                    • Apr 2013

That's why I'm more interested in new topical fin solutions, minoxidil sulfate, Dutasteride being trialled by GSK for hair loss, etc, than the rest of it. Even CB 03 01 seems many years off.

Comment

• doke
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                      you're on the wrong website for that!
                      i second that haha

Comment

• doke
                        • Jun 2009

What ever happened to psi as there was a guy on another forum that did regrow his hair on this and it only had to be used every other 16 day cycles.
                        The only problem was stability of this peptide and the next batch did not work so well this by the way was neosil.
                        Then a company which sells this peptide psi now but i think stability is a problem again as mixing it you are not supposed to shake it much.

Comment

• strife91
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by doke
                          What ever happened to psi as there was a guy on another forum that did regrow his hair on this and it only had to be used every other 16 day cycles.
                          The only problem was stability of this peptide and the next batch did not work so well this by the way was neosil.
                          Then a company which sells this peptide psi now but i think stability is a problem again as mixing it you are not supposed to shake it much.
                          Yea psi sounds like the real deal where can we get it legit

Comment

• Seuxin
                            • Jan 2014

Hello,

What is PSI goal ?
                            Fight against DHT ? It's better than OC or PDG2Blocker from mpbTreatments ?

Thanks a lot for explanations !

Comment

Working...